Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked in late after a long drive of 16 hours . The receptionist was wonderful and quick. She put me in a room right by the desk area so I could "take 5 steps and be in bed" as she said. She made the comment that she could see I was tired and if I needed a little extra time to sleep and needed a later checkout, just to call the desk. She was great and thoughtful.

The rooms are very nice and have everything you need. I was alone so it was more than what I needed. However I appreciated the extra space and comfort.

Breakfast was nice. Hit and cold food items. Staff were very attentive to needs of guests and keeping items fresh and full.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Andersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Homewood Suites for a business trip and brought my Mother and toddler along. This location is near plenty of restaurants and shopping. However, the beach is at least ½ an hour away. The one I found was closer to 45 minutes away. This is not an area that feels like a tourist area; It is a military town, and we ended up on the Navy base once by accident when looking for the beach.

The room was very nice and comfortable. It included a mini kitchen with a full-sized fridge that was beyond convenient with several grocery stores nearby. It was very nice having dishes and a dishwasher in the room. However, we didn’t need them often as the hotel provides not only a complimentary breakfast, but a complimentary dinner as well! The coffee, tea, and popcorn were kept stocked in the room, as were the toiletries. When we asked for extra towels, it was not a big deal. They offered something for everyone at meals and the food was very well prepared. The dining area is attractive and comfortable.

We didn’t use the outdoor swimming pool. We did visit it, and it seemed a little small. It’s not the best feature of the hotel but it looked well maintained.

The only thing I would probably change would be the staff’s activity during breakfast and dinner. It is probably inadvertent, but my mother and I both got the feeling of being “watched” during dinner. Two to three staff members would stand around the food, almost protectively, and would watch you as you served yourself. They would hover over you, running a cloth right behind you as you moved around or sometimes stepping in front of you to clean an area, having you wait to get your food. I’m sure it was in an attempt to keep the area clean, which is appreciated of course, but it did make it a little less inviting. I think what made it a little odd, was that they did not interact with hotel guests at all but seemed focused entirely on the food and area. They did not seem very happy to be there, either. However, that was a very minor thing---just an observation.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will choose this one again if I return to the area.

Middleburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived late and the check in was a little slow but still efficient. The room is furnished with everything you need. The decor is peaceful and relaxing. The bathroom is designed efficiently. I love the mini kitchen and appreciate the on-going stocking of coffee, cream and sugar. I enjoyed the popcorn also. The room was cleaned well every day. There was a fire alarm inspection which I received the previous day notice for so it wasn't unexpected. The hall was a little noisey but I think there was a youth group on my floor. Can't blame the hotel or the kids for being kids. It wasn't late into the night either. Pool was clean. Patio area to enjoy drinks was a nice homey touch. Enjoyed drinks with co-workers on the patio by the pool. Breakfast was wonderful every morning. Staff very helpful, always. Great stay.

Pensacola, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I lived at this hotel for a total of 291 days while in Pensacola for work and I must say that the staff there my time away from home as bearable as one could imagine such an extended stay could be. Every issue I had they dealt with in a pleasant and professional manner and I will be forever grateful for their service and friendship.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our suite was outstanding, small kitchen, good internet connection; bed
was beyond comfort...it was pure heaven; breakfast & dinner wwine and beer (Mon-Thurs) was outstanding and a money saver. Good location. We will now be looking for Homewood Suites rather than Hampton Inns. Staffin Pensacola helpful, accommodating, professional.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensecola, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall the best hotel I have stayed at in some time. The room was excellent! The staff was not accomidating for our business party when asked to move the rooms closer together at least on the same floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Decatur, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Except for the breakfast buffet; I give the breakfast staff a deserving "10" but the food rated about a "5"; Sorry. But after that, just go down the list in the survey and check off "Extremely Satisfied" all the way! The very helpful, courteous and friendly staff seemed well trained with good management. Smooth operation and a very enjoyable stay! "Thanks!"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple