“Instead of a Burger”

The Tin Cow
Ranked #11 of 685 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Design Your Own Burgers - Spiked Milkshakes - Canned Craft Beer We offer a huge amount of variety and choice when it comes to ordering the burger of your dreams. There are plenty of fun appetizers and shareables so bring your friends and family! Our Spiked Milkshakes are famous for a good reason - they're just plain delicious.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had not realized that The Tin Cow on Palafox was a hamburger place until we were seated and we saw the menu. (I know, the name has "cow" in it) It was a rainy Saturday noon and the place was packed. We didn't want beef, and the other options are few, but we were starving and decided to give it a try. My husband ordered the Crab Cake Burger. The server said the crab cakes are brought in from a local place, and they were delicious. I ordered the California turkey burger and it was cooked just as I ordered, and the dressing was on the side, as i asked. The side salad was good, too. It's a seat-yourself place at noon, so make sure you are noticed by one or two servers. We flagged them down to get a menu. Our food arrived in a timely manner and was hot, but things might go a bit faster if the servers didn't have to bus their own tables.I noticed several customers waiting to find a seat. The drink menu is extensive, both beers and liquor. Next time I might try a milk shake -- the peanut butter made with liquor looked delicious. Several families with kids were there, so it's family friendly. We'll go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I thought that the food would be much better. This place is known for it's beef or angus burgers. I had the grilled Chicken sandwich. My chicken was very dry and over cooked. Hubby had the angus burger and his was moist and juicy. Our fries were cold. The service was very slow and we were not noticed for what seemed to be an extra long time waiting at the door as we came in to be seated. The place was not very busy. My Husband went looking for someone to seat us. Nice atmosphere and good live music but a bit over priced for burgers. If the service was better and the food not cold and dry at least mine was. I wouldn't mind paying the bit extra. We decided not to go back. Mind you that we are not overly critical folks.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Slow is not the word. Will not return. Ordered coffee and it was slow coming and then slower on refills.

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This truly was the best burger I have had. You pick your meat, temp cooked, bun, cheese, toppings, sauces, etc. I picked the angus steak, med rare, whole wheat bun, blue cheese, arugula, spinach, roasted red peppers, and sundried tomatoes. Literally dripping with gooeyness and to die for. Our waiter was great and very helpful--even after working several double shifts for Mardi Gras. The garlic pesto aioli was really good. On the other hand, my husband ordered the Kobe burger well done. He loved mine, but said he preferred a Morningstar burger to this one. So, for what it's worth, get the angus steak, it's bigger and a fantastic burger--no need to get the "American" Kobe burger, which is smaller. Additionally, even if you don't like your meat undercooked, please don't order your burger well done. They are best medium rare or medium (if you are like my hubby, even he agreed he would get medium next time). My burger at medium rare was cooked perfectly. It was lunch time so we didn't get any "spiked" shakes but they sounded amazing. Will definitely be back for one of these. The fries were good, chips were okay--nothing I would rave about but good. When we went it was only semi-busy (business lunchtime crowd) so I'm not sure if that's why the burgers were cooked perfectly or not (some of the other reviews on here were critical of the burgers being done). It could also be because they got some of the "new restaurant" kinks ironed out. I will definitely be back and will recommend this place to friends.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've been wanting to try the Tin Cow for a long time. We finally made it in last night and were really disappointed by the service we received. It was busy when we went in so we sat at the bar instead of waiting for a table. The bartender who served us, was not friendly at all. She seemed irritated that we were there and treated us badly. She had absolutely no customer service skills at all, no pleasant greeting, no smile, no offer to explain the menu, irritated to answer the questions we had, she just had an overall ROTTEN attitude. For somebody that depends on tips to make a living, you'd think you would put some effort in making those tips. We are usually good tipper, but this time I had to give credit where credit is due and it wasn't! It's too bad because we really wanted to like this place, but I'm not sure if I want to risk putting up with this kind of bad service again.

2  Thank anjelina55