“My Fathers Resting Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fort Barrancas

and up
Civil War Tour of Pensacola
Ranked #5 of 107 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Pensacola Naval Station, this is the site of the first U.S. Naval yard that was built in 1821.
Green Valley, Arizona
“My Fathers Resting Place”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is the place where my father lies. It is beautiful here. So peaceful and well kept. It has beautiful trees.

3 attraction reviews
“Very Cool!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The kids loved it! It was hot but still really cool! Lots of tunnels, all around a fun trip. And it's FREE! I would go back!

Paris
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Like stepping into history”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've mentioned before that my guy is a civil war era history buff, so we have been to quite a few Civil War sites. Usually, my enthusiasm wanes around the 10th of many stone markers. Fort Barrancas was different. You actually get to walk around inside the old fort! And I'm sure we covered every inch available to us.
The visitor information center was interesting but could have been a tad more helpful. Though I did enjoy their interactive exhibits.

New Orleans
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So Neat!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place has a guide map that takes you to different points and gives a brief history on each. It was very neat to walk through and see the inside of the fort. Great, FREE, stop for families :)

Sarasota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Personal Service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were the only people for the 2 PM tour. Ranger Amanda was a fabulous tour guide. She shared a wealth of information and was so enthusiastic.

Visited March 2012