National Naval Aviation Museum
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Pensacola
from $90.00
from $22.00
from $22.00
from $20.00
6,155 results
All reviews naval aviation blue angels cubi point imax theater all ages on display aircraft carrier flight simulator free admission the trolley tour several hours rainy day great place to visit air show pensacola area exhibits pilot
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great museum that is free (donations are encouraged). This was an awesome look into naval aviation history! I just wish I would have had longer and known more about aviation to appreciate all the planes.
I will certainly be making my way back one day to soak it all in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family started visiting the museum many years ago when my father-in-law (and WWII vet) was still alive. He enjoyed pointing out the types of aircraft he worked on during the war. But we had not visited in more than 10 years and a lot has been added. Be sure to allow plenty of time for your visit. It would be a good idea to visit the NNAM website first to help you plan your visit. There is so much to see - for all ages: aircraft, exhibits, flight simulators, films, and children play areas. A second building - Hangar Bay One - was new for us. Just FYI for older folks, there are benches and other seating available throughout the large area for rest breaks. There are volunteers available who enjoy providing information. We enjoyed lunch in the museum cafe, which has museum worthy material from a former officer's club in the Philippines .
As we entered the base, all the adults in the car showed a picture ID. When we entered the museum, one person in the group showed the ID and they marked the back of our hands. I didn't carry a bag in, but those who did had their bags searched.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was here last year but this was my first time when they have the Blue Angels practice. If you can, go when the Blue Angels practice – it’s amazing! Get there early for seating and bring your own chairs if you can. They rent out some chairs but they ran out by the time we got there. Bring or buy earplugs for the practice. It’s an awesome museum and admission is free. Be sure to do a guided tour as they are very informative. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

While looking for Gulf Shore activities,
we found an event page that mentioned the
Blue Angel's practice schedule. When not performing, they practice at the NNAM on some Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

We paid attention to the reviews and arrived early. You must have a govt id (driver's license or passport). They will not allow civilians on the base until 8:30am.

The museum was easy to find coming from Ft. Morgan, AL. Parking was very accessible (again we were early) and the museum doors opened right on time.

We walked around the museum until we were able to move into the flight line/runway viewing area. The Angels don't perform until 11:30am but be prepared to get the best seats at 10:30 when they open the flightline gates.

We spent $3 per rental chair. Totally worth it! There were drinks and light food available, ear plugs too. There was a souvenir trailer where guests could buy hats and sunglasses, both essentials for the morning! Don't forget your sunscreen.

We had a fantastic May Tuesday to enjoy the show. I can imagine that after Memorial Day it's crazy busy! But it's worth it!

The museum is really phenomenal... Especially after the show. Food, activities, air conditioning and clean restrooms are all available.

Things to be aware of:
Walking: There's just a lot of it. I believe that the museum makes concessions for all ability types. Just ask!
Heat: We sat in the sun for an hour before the show; the show lasted 45 minutes. Sunscreen is a must. Stay hydrated.
Volume: The planes are amazing but loud. Use hearing protection. The docents did a great job of warning us about the decibel level.

Definitely something we'd love to share with our adult kids!

1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed May 14, 2019

You have to go there. We drove the 20 miles from Orange Beach (which was very pretty by the water). We went on a day the Blue Angels were flying and it's open to the public. Such a blast! It's awe-inspiring to watch. They are incredibly talented. We brought out own chairs. My hubby who's a photographer didn't use his so he could stand and be more mobile. There were definitely times my neck would get tired so I was glad to have that beach chair to lean my head back on and just look up. But it's not a sit and watch show. The bleachers were full when we got there, so I was glad we brought our own. The only hard part to see is the take offs. They do have porta-jons by the watch site. Or you can go in the museum first before walking down. They nicely let you meander near the other places after.

The museum is free too and has some great sites. I was a bit tired going through that.after being in the sun for the show. But still some nice things to look at. They do accept cash donations to help with the place. Try to at least plan on $5 per person.