“Top quality Asian dining great prices”

Chow Tyme Grill & Buffet
Ranked #148 of 669 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: phone 850 969 0888
Pensacola, Florida
“Top quality Asian dining great prices”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you want to eat a delicious meal and it's Asian then come to Chow Tyme. We did today and enjoyed every mouthful. First stopped at the sushi bar then graduated to the buffet tables loaded with every meat, fish and veggies, fruits, soups, and too much to list. What is great about their food it's of great quality and prepared in a healthy way. What is fried is not greasy. There are spicy dishes and others mild. Desserts to end a wonderful meal. Always leave full and ready to return. Last but not least the staff takes great care of you even if they are rushed. Very pleased.

Visited May 2013

“Pathetic service!! Avoid!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

If I could give this terrible place ZERO stars I would!! THE WORST customer service and food I have seen in Pensacola and I will be sure to tell everyone we know just how pathetic this place is and what a rude excuse for a manager they keep behind the register. My husband and I went to "Chow Tyme" placed our drink orders and we made our plates. When we sat down, they couldn't even get the drinks right. I ordered an unsweet iced tea with lemon. What I received was off-tasting tea with no ice and no lemon, eventually a glass of ice was brought to the table with a lemon. Everything was ice cold, the rice was hard and crunchy, noodles soaked in oil, spring roll was so hard we couldn't break it, and the chicken tempura was a huge dough ball with a paper thin slice of meat. Everything I took a bite of, I had to spit out in a napkin! We complained because my husband's was the same, I had to get up and wash the grease off my hands and when I got back they brought us the check!!! We didn't even swallow 3 bites!! So I went to the counter, put the check down and explained to the managed and the manager SHRUGS me off and TAKES ANOTHER CUSTOMER, leaving us waiting for him to check another man out while he was already waiting on us! My husband and I are left standing there waiting for him to figure himself out. My husband asked "Why are you holding us here, this is embarrassing what do you want?" the guy was still waiting for $! I looked right at him and I said "I AM NOT paying you for ANYTHING. I came in hungry, and I am leaving hungry, GO LOOK AT MY TABLE" he went and saw every thing we had picked up was untouched except the food we had attempted to eat and couldn't swallow and the guy said "Well, I will have them make u something fresh" It's a buffet, am I supposed to tell you what all I would like to eat so that you can redo everything?? We received NO apology, no respect, and of course, no lunch. Pathetic.

• Visited May 2013
“Huge selection of food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Probably our favorite Chinese restaurant in town because of the large selection of food. If your kids do not like Chinese food, there is American food for them like fried chicken, french fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. Prices are reasonable. It's the only place in town I know that serve coconut shrimp on the buffet menu.

• Visited April 2013
Pensacola, FL
“Average food but over the top MSG”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easter Sunday we stopped here to eat after church. The selections were many and frood was tasty but before we got home I had a major MSG reaction. Looked it up on a med web site and I was experiencing Headache, tingling in face and numbness around my lips and actually had A-fib. Was considering going to ER. I drank lots of water and it passed in a couple of hours.
My husband had a lesser reaction and our friend had none.
Not saying this is a bad restaurant but if you are sensitive to MSG, proceed with caution.

• Visited March 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“GREAT SELECTION OF GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Everything from crab legs to shrimp, stuffed shrimp, fried shrimp, spicy, scampi, chicken...general two, sweet & sour, fried, orange, black pepper, .....ribs, steak...........and on. And on.... tons of food, salads, veggies, rice, noodles, potatoes.....--won tons.... deserts are pretty weak, but the sherbet is good.