Key West Inn - Pensacola
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$88
$109
$97
Country Inn
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$108
$154
$139
$125
Hampton.com
Sole Inn and Suites(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$99
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here because the prices were reasonable and the lobby looked decent. We were booked for three nights but just couldn't stay the whole time. The room was filthy. After reading these reviews from several years you would think that they would do something to improve their place. Cleaning and painting would help some. It looked like they barely cleaned the place and the smell was terrible. It was a nonsmoking room but you could tell it had been smoked in. They tried to cover up the smell with a very strong air freshener. A tissue was hanging on the smoke alarm and there was used soap in the shower. The final straw was a roach crawling in our bed. We packed up and left. If you know what is good for you, don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank Bwarnock
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place is literally the most gruesome disgusting shack of a bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in! It reeks of raid, the doors all look like they have been busted out as they nicked and dented, service is horrible, they advise you that the shack is cleaned simply with household washing agents and are not sanitized according to federal and stage standards; I feel like my well being is being threatened! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE!

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank Xavierography
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This motel is now the Key West Inn. I was skeptical from the start but it was cheap and was in a good location. The minute I walked in the room I was greeted by a musty smell and then a roach crawled out from behind the door. I WILL NEVER EVER STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Bea N
Reviewed February 14, 2012

If you value your health, safety, and level of quality of a decent place to spend one night or more – DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. The Hospitality Inn on Mobile Hwy, in Pensacola, FL., is the worst place I have ever spent the night in. The place smelled so bad that I had to leave because I was getting sick and could not even sleep at night. The linen was dirty, had stains, cigarette burns, and they smelled. The pillows were nothing more than a very poor excuse of an attempt of a cheap piece of rag to lay your head on. My dog has a better pillow to sleep on. The TV did not work at all, it kept cutting out and when I asked for another TV I was told that they did not have any replacements and this was on Super Bowl Sunday. They also told me that they had no other rooms. There was no phone in the room, no coffee maker, no table to eat on, only one chair in the room, the carpet was dirty with many stains, and the bathroom had mold and mildew growing in the corners, many of the light bulbs were either burnt out or missing. I have served and lived in “Third World Countries” that had better one star hotel than this place. I have to sleep with a CPAP machine and that means continued forced air coming into my lungs from within the room. The stink of the room was so bad that I could not breathe using my CPAP machine because I could not stand the smell. Even when I replaced the filter with a new filter that did not help keep out the bad odor from within the room. In fact I had to leave the door open leading to the outside parking lot, but I had to be very careful that no one tried to enter my room with the door open because most people that stay or hang around this area where this hotel is located are drug addicts, homeless people or prostitutes. On the second evening I could not take it anymore, so I decided to check out. I went to the front desk to check out and there was no one around. I waited for 10 minutes and no one ever showed up. I decided to leave even though I had paid for 7 nights and I had only slept there only one night. I left on Super Bowl Sunday, and since then I have been calling the hotel and asking for the manager or owner and the staff tells me that they do not know who the manager or owner is. I asked them who signs their checks, and the answer they give me is “we get paid in cash”. I have called four times and each time I get the same answer no one knows anything. Please if you value your health, safety and quality of life DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSPITALITY INN on Mobile Hwy in Pensacola, FL. There is nothing hospitable about the place. The Health department, Fire department, and the Department of Tourism of Florida should inspect this place and warn the general public to stay away from this INN. The reason I even stayed at this place was because I was short of cash, and because of personal reasons. Next time I will just sleep in my car or under rock, I will better off than staying at this place ever again.

Room Tip: You are better off sleeping under a rock than this place!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Joe H
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I read the other reviews and since I was born and raised in Pensacola,and remember when this was a very nice hotel.Well things have changed greatly,this is one of if not the most disgusting place to stay.Besides the fact that the room had only two light bulbs in it and the shower curtin was covered in mold and beds look like and felt like they were the ones from when I lived herein the 1980's.The staff while friendly when you check in after that they are more concerned with talking to there friends and makeing there side deals in the spare room that i am not really sure what they were selling but,after one night of hearing fights and strange sounds comeing from the hallway,was enough.Unless you are living on the street I would not consider this place and even then I would think you would have second thoughts about paying money to stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Luxury Suites on hwy 29 are the ones and only $10.00 more a night and 2.3 miles away,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family