“Fantastic Hotel, Lives up to its name "Hospitality Inn"”

Key West Inn - Pensacola
Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed June 7, 2008

After searching through many hotels in Pensacola online me and my family found this very hospitable hotel located just in the center of things. The staff upon arrival was fantastic, the young man who checked us into our room was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Our room was also very much above par, with an available mini-kitchen equiped with a full sized refridgerator making it very convienient for us to store food. The hotel seemed as if it went through a recent renevation and looks very well kept inside and out now. We also took advantage of the plentiful breakfast they had available with waffles, eggs, cereal, and much more. The pool at the establishment was very clean and the surrounding picnic and BBQ area made it look very hospitable and family friendly. And last but not least, upon our hesitant check-out, the clerk who checked us out was also very friendly and finished our stay on a very good last note.
To put plain and simple: this hotel is very nice, family friendly, and well worth its money.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed March 8, 2008

So, I booked my reservation for three days. When I arrived at 12am, first they didn't let me check in and told me that I can't check in until 7 am because it was a saturday and when i check in at 7am again, the SAME OLD LADY at the front told me that she doesn't have any room for us because people won't check out until 11am so i have to go back again and see if THERE IS ANY ROOM AVAILABLE (No guarantee a room)

Finally i have to go to another hotel because Hospitality Inn SUCK!!!!!

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank zluxz
Reviewed September 23, 2006

The rooms were decient, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.The continental breakfast was pretty good too. Its convienient to Walmart and Waffel house among others.I'd stay there again, just wouldn't book it through Hotels, that's the only problem i had.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Flying cockroaches in the room! TV didn't work. Very dirty. Years of handprint grime on the kicked-in doors. Obviously the place is never cleaned. Cheap mismatched furniture. Orbitz ranked this facility with "3 Star" giving the impression this is an above average hotel. This is extremely misleading and it does not reflect the quality of the facility - it seems to be based on the fact that there is a coffee pot, fridge, microwave and toaster-oven in the room - not that you would dare to use them because everything is so dirty. Or that you would ever eat in this room! Very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank US Resident
A TripAdvisor Member
georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2006

terrible. taken over by new foreign management. rooms are dirty and all need remodeling... im a resident and came home to visit family, since then i came back again and stayed at hampton inn by university mall. close to exit and very NICE...dont waste your money here, stay at hotels by university, they are nicer.....

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2005

My mother and stepfather stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting her parents in pensacola. My grandmother paid for the two night stay as a wedding gift to them. The room smelled like pee. There were cigarette burns and pee stains on the couch in the room. The room was suppost to have two queen beds, but it only had one. The couch pulled out to be another bed. The bathrooms had black mold all in the tub and sink areas. My mother called up to the front desk to request pillows, as the room did not have them, and the front desk agent said she did not have access to the pillows, but she would call the owner. He had gone home for the night. When she called my mother back, the owners response had been, that they would just have to wait until the morning for pillows because he wasn't going to come back in to get them. So my mom had to fold up clothes to make a pillow. The next afternoon when they returned to the hotel after being gone all day, the discovered that the maid service had not been done yet (this was after dark around 6 pm) and there were still no pillows, no clean towels or sheets. My mom had to go to walmart and buy towels because the sorry owner would not come back and fix the problem. I do not recommend that anyone stay there. When my mom checked out, she complained to the owner in person about all of the problems and his comment was that we are still recovering from Hurricane Ivan. That was 1 1/2 years ago. If they are still recovering, they shouldn't have been open yet if they weren't reading. My mom asked for the corporate office number and he said that he did not have it and wouldn't give it to her if he did. Save your money and stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2005

We stayed for 2 nights. Called Hotel[-] and they stated this was the only place that had a room during this time. $95.00 per night. We figured for that price it should be nice.

We checked in, which wasn't a problem. Got to our room and the a/c didn't work and the bathroom light was out. The beds were worn out that the ends of the mattresses were almost standing up and the middle was low. There were 2 dirty plastic cups under the beds. There was a lamp and glass top table that was falling apart, a huge danger. We went back to the lobby to complain about the a/c and light and they stated no maintance was there till monday. So they will give us another room. Ok, we got the other room, however upon going in someone else's things were already there. Not good. Back to lobby, yet another room was given to us. This one was very cold. Beds were a bit better. However bring your own pillow. The mildew in the bathroom was out of control. I tired to get some off and it was removable very easy w/ my finger. All in the shower on the walls and ceiling was mildew. And around the shower controls and shower head. I could only stand one quick 5 min shower. I didn't even shower the next day. There are 2 doors. One is for inside corridors and one is to the outside where you can park your car outside your door. There is a privacy fence up on that side, no chairs outside. This place was very damaged from the hurricane dennis that went through in july, so this was understandable. Lots of work trucks/workers for the hurricane disaster clean up/ fix up crews stayed here. There is a pool, 6ft deep at the deep side. Small. The rocking chairs on the porch that one of the other reviewers mentioned is not at your room, but off of the lobby. there are a few rocking chairs on a screened in patio. From the patio there is the breakfast area complete w/ a living room w/ leather couches and a tv that was on. The free breakfast was the best thing. They had choc chip muffins, waffels, breads, bagels, english muffins, oatmeal, grits, orange juice, strawberry kiwi juice, hot water, coffee, cream cheese, butter, 2 toasters, hard boiled eggs, rice krispies, raisen bran, corn flakes, bananas. If you left hungry it was your own fault there. Was very impressed w/ breakfast. Plenty of tables and chairs too. However like I mentioned above the rooms were old and in much need of an update. Hopefully that is what is taking place there now as we saw workers putting in new carpet on one row of rooms. There is a full size refridge/freezer in each room, a very old under the cabinet microwave, a toaster oven, a sink, and some utensils, plates, cups to use. Other than that, it was quiet, except this place didn't take pets and one person was there in a van w/ a rather large dog tied to the back bumper w/ a blanket and bowl of water out and he barked at night. That was sad to see the dog left outside in the heat. Other than that. No, I would not stay at this place again. Everyone was coughing and sneezing in the mornings and we figured it was mold in the a/c. Who knows. We were only there to sleep. But saw other nice hotels nearby.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business