“Good Food But Excessive Wait TImes!”

Another Broken Egg Cafe
Ranked #3 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: phone: 850 912-8347. This is a very nice breakfast, brunch and lunch place. Open daily 7 am to 2 p.m.
Pensacola, Florida
“Good Food But Excessive Wait TImes!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I wanted to update my review of this place for people headed to Pensacola on vacation with the vacation season at hand. My first review came shortly after the restaurant had opened, so now that it has been open awhile, I was hoping that the service times had gotten better. The food is still excellent, as it is at all of the Broken Egg restaurants, but it seems that this particular one has a problem in the kitchen. The wait time on a Saturday morning was long but acceptable ( 25 minutes ), but once seated the problem began. There were many empty tables scattered throughout the restaurant, but apparently they do not have enough waiters or cooks to accommodate the large number of diners. From the time we were seated until we finally received out food was 50 minutes. this added to the 25 minute wait time, plus the time to actually eat the meal, turns out to be over two hours. I still think the food is the best breakfast in Pensacola, but it is not worth the time required. The other Broken Eggs that we have eaten at, get you in and out quickly. They all seem to have a fair wait time, which is OK for food that is good, but this particular one needs to get its' act together on speeding up both the service and the cooking times. I don't plan to go back on a weekend, maybe during the week when there are less people eating out.

• Visited May 2012

Pensacola, Florida
“Great addition to Pensacola!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Food was delicious! The menu offers a wide array of cleverly named gourmet omelets and other unique breakfast choices. The atmosphere was delightful! Definitely worth a return visit!

• Visited May 2012
Pensacola
“Worth The Wait”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place has great food. We live in Pensacola and it can be a chore to find a good place for Sunday Brunch since our Jubilee closed down on the beach. We actually went 2 weeks in a row it was so good and needed to try other options on the menu. The menu makes you want to try everything. Of course I had to have the Cinnamon Roll French Toast with berries, yummo. Another great item was the "Hey Ricky" Omelet an awesome Mexican Omelet, nothing we have seen anywhere else. There was a lot of um, um, um going on, lol. Just be prepared for a wait. They open at 7 so by even 10 you are waiting 30 min, but again worth the wait.

• Visited April 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“Simply Great Food!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have eaten at many locations and never been disappointed. The food is always prepared and served with the utmost of attention. It may not be the an inexpensive breakfast but worth every penny.

Visited April 2012
Cumming, Georgia
“Great breakfast selection”
Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visit Pensacola at least once a year and heard about this place from some friends so we decided to check it out. We had a 30 minute wait, which wasn't too bad, and they had free coffee and handed out mini muffins to everyone waiting. The menu selection was great - I had to try the blackberry grits (different, but very tasty), and I had the breakfast potatoes with broccoli, tomatoes and green peppers. My husband had the jumbo pancake with sliced bananas, sausage, and eggs. We thoroughly enjoyed it, had great service and will be back.