“Terrible AND Expensive”

Dining options: Reservations
Pensacola, Florida
“Terrible AND Expensive”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

One of the worst meals that I have ever had: First, I tried their Shanghai Duck($22) and was really looking forward to it...I love duck. The waitress plops down a leathery, cold, rubbery, over-cooked, dry duck breast that had obviously been pre-cooked, refrigerated, and then microwaved to re-heat it. This was presented on a bed of shredded cabbage and sliced, peel-on, orange garnish. If they had spent as much time on the actual dish as the garnish, it might have been a better dish. As a replacement dish, I then ordered their signature Iron Chef Salmon($23) based upon the recommendation of our server. I don't know if I have ever had a worse dish in my life, and I've eaten chitterlings that were cooked by a drunken step-father. The combination of ingredients in this dish are terrible, especially when you start with noticeably frozen seafood (if it wasn't frozen, then it was definitely not fresh). I had also ordered it with no onions, but it was covered in them when it was presented to me...the server advised me to pick around them because it would take another 20-25 minutes to make a new one. Since my 4 year old had already finished his meal well before my make-up entree was even served, I decided to take her advice and try to pick around the onions (I'm mildly allergic to onions BTW). The cream cheese in the dish tastes like it has been thinned with mayonnaise, which adds a new level of disgusting to an already shoddy mix of flavor profiles. The whole mess was topped with a cold teriyaki sauce that tasted like it was poured from a store-bought bottle. This dish was served with intricately carved orange peel garnishes. Again, less time making it pretty and more time making it taste good, is much needed. I was never visited by a manager and I had to pay for a meal that I had to spit out because it tasted so foul. I am an ex-server, so I did tip my server 20% on the pre-tax total, but I wish that I hadn't, because she did not advocate for me with the kitchen like she should have, and she, apparently, never brought my displeasure to the attention of a manager. Needless to say, I will never spend a penny in this establishment again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank wwestward

hmseminole
“Food is good but a little expensive”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The food is tasty, but the prices have recently gone up and they are expensive for Chinese food. They will also charge a 10% gratuity on to go orders.

• Visited January 2014
Leesburg, Florida
“The Rice is So Nice!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

There are NO good restaurants offering sushi or chinese food where we live so this restaurant was a special treat. Maybe we are just rubes but we did not find the decor old fashioned at all.
In fact there were some really nice tables where one could bring a date for privacy and romance. Anyway, we had a new server named Ben who was enthusiastic and knowledgable. Of course we had the famous sweet and sour soup (as good as recommended ) We both had different Hot Plates and enjoyed them enormously. Everything was fresh, tasty, hot and delicious. Wish we didn't live six hours away!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank PatriciaAnneT
“Favorite Chinese Food in Pensacola”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I absolutely love their wonton soup and lo mein. Usually I just call in orders to go, but I have also dined in. The service is good. The food is a bit pricey, but it is by far the best place for Chinese food in Pensacola. If that is what you are in the mood for, this is it.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Wanderlust3483
Plantation, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I came here because it had some good reviews on tripadvisor. Although the restaurant is nice, I thought the food was very bland and both my business partner and I got sick later in the night. Not sure if it was the food or the fact we were traveling, but something did not sit right with either of us. I would not recommend this place to other people.

• Visited November 2013