“I really wanted to like this place”
Review of Cubi Bar Cafe

Cubi Bar Cafe
Ranked #29 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
MS
“I really wanted to like this place”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a great time at the museum and smelled wonderful things coming out of the cafe. With 50 mins. before our Imax show we thought we had plenty of time to eat since it was a Friday afternoon and the cafe was barely half full. The hostess was nice and seated us right away. Unfortunately we got seated in the front room which looks like an out of date cafeteria. The walls were bland, any wall decorations had been taken down and you could still see the outline and nail holes of each. There were two side tables along the low walls that had leftover junk from shelves, baskets and whatever sitting on them. Our waitress was nice. She took our drink and food order, brought out our drinks and then we never saw her again. Other people were seated in our area and still no waitress.

After about 20 mins. I went up to the front counter where 5 or 6 workers were standing around and asked about our server, if we could get a drink refill and why were tables that were seated after we placed our order already receiving their food. Only one lady would speak with me and told me our waitress would be with us soon and then she walked off. We had ordered a kid's hot dog, a kid's make it yourself peanut butter and jelly ( literally 2 slices of bread, a package of jelly and a package of peanut butter), half a cheese quesadilla and a cold cut turkey sandwich. We finally received our food, one or two other tables got their drink order taken and then she left. You could tell this was the only section she was waiting tables for so I don't know what the deal was.

We crammed about half our food down and then had to hunt down our waitress for the bill. Needless to say we were late for the Imax showing and thankfully the guy took pity on us and let us in during the show. Over 50 mins. for a picnic type lunch was not worth it to me!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great little cafe with an amazing chilli dog!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I heard this place has a great chilli dog and it's true! It's a little high priced, but well worth it...it's huge! They really pile on the dressings so you have to eat it with a fork, but it is so good! The café itself is really interesting with old photos, plaques, uniforms, and old naval aviation items. Really worth a visit when in the Naval museum!

Visited May 2012
Lake Worth, Florida
“Our awesome museum tour guide gave the cafe a plug, so we stopped by for a quick bite.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Modest menu. The chicken salad sandwich and soup combo was good (better than the roast beef)... $7.25. You go there for the convenience of "fueling-up" and the piece of history... not the food/ service.

1 Thank AlinaSkyla
MI
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am a retired navy captain and my wife and I were really looking forward to eating here. Do not waste your time or money. The food is sub par at best, My wife ordered a chicken salad which consisted of one tablespoon of the chicken salad on a bed of wilted iceberg lettuce and pale pink tomatoes. When I complained to the waitress about it she just laughed. We were also seated outside the restaurant instead of in the Subic Bay inspired area which at least has interesting things to look at,

1 Thank Tallgal_10
Sarasota, FL
“A little bit of history”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Atmosphere is great - the cafe has a pretty captive audience within the air museum and seating can get pretty tight at times. Food was ok - pricing ok.

Visited February 2013