“Authentic Cuban cuisine, you must eat here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Havana West Cafe - CLOSED

Havana West Cafe
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Caribbean, Cuban
“Authentic Cuban cuisine, you must eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Street address is incorrect if showing hwy 98! Call them for directions, they are on Barrancas a few miles from old location.
Parking leaves much to be desired and seating, but it is like stepping into a genuine Cuban street cafe! Food, service and prices cannot be beat! You will not be disappointed!

3 Thank Solidreformer

Pensacola, Florida
“Cute little Cuban cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I pulled in here because he was starving and it was the first place we saw on this road that wasn't fast food (which we typically don't eat). Both of us ordered the pulled pork, which was incredibly flavorful. I even had enough left over for another meal! The meal came with two side items - I ordered white rice and black beans, which were pretty typical. My boyfriend ordered the yellow rice (delicious) and green plantains (even more delicious than the ones he makes at home, which is hard to top!) The service was excellent! The man who waited on us was very patient with our questions and even gave us recommendations. We will definitely be back here again!

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank MB122918
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Diamond in el rough.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Okay so I decide to try this little sandwhich shop on the advice of a co worker. I am also a huge fan of cuban coffee, and they have it, so i thought hey even if the food was bad I would get a good coffee. Let me tell you the food is amazong. The cuban sandwich and the midnight sandwich are just delectable. Well seasoned plenty of filling, great. The place is small, just a couple of small tables, but warm. Moderate prices, a warm staff. The staff has that tattoo parlor type nice. This is the type of place i would go out of my way to eat at.

• 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Michael B
Pensacola, FL
“Authentic and unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was craving a Cuban sandwich, and there is no other place in Pensacola that even comes close to Havana West. The authenticity of the food reflects the owner’s passion to deliver high quality food at reasonable prices. I got to try the Midnight sandwich as well, which has some sweet as well as savory components. It would be the perfect thing to eat late at night when you are hungry after a night out on the town. But the winner of the day was the Tres Leches cake. I have had other versions of this, but none anywhere can match Havana West’s rendition. It was so good, I should have gone to confession afterwards. Rich, moist, flavorful and a sinful indulgence on a plate. One bite and you will not care about the calories. There was no way I was going to share this with anyone without a weapon pointed at me. Yes, it’s that good. It is worth the 15 mile drive from my house to get authentic Cuban food like this. Bravo, y’all!

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank SingingChef
Sarasota, Florida
“Cuba in the Panhandle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We walked in during a busy lunch and were immediately greeted and seated by the waitstaff who was very attentive and helped us out choosing from the menu. It turned out that she was the owners daughter who came over and, after chatting for a few moments, said that he would take care of choosing the appetizers. A huge platter soon arrived with a sampling of every app! The rest of the lunch was a blur of flavors and smells from long ago. Having been raised in Key West, I grew up on Cuban food and everything was as I remembered and it was wonderful! If you are ever in the Pensacola area, this is a Must Stop restaurant. You will not be disappointed..

• Visited November 2011