“Good Food, Good Service, Not So Good Overall Experience”
Review of Paisano's Pizzeria

Paisano's Pizzeria
Ranked #218 of 673 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Paisano's Pizzeria "Made By The Hand, Not By The Can" Our Story Paisano's Pizzeria was founded on the concept of providing old world Italian food, of the highest quality, without compromising taste for rushed convenience. The genuine taste comes from our belief that exceptional, homemade food should never be sacrificed. That's why mass marketed, pre-packaged food will not be found at Paisano's. From the freshest mozzarella cheese, to the made by the hand, not by the can, slow simmered tomato sauce, you will find only the finest quality. We consistently uphold our commitment to exceptional standards which can be tasted in each delicious bite. At Paisano's we do not stop with the food; a comfortable, family friendly atmosphere, completes the experience you will not forget. Whether it's your date night, professional business lunch, family outing or a special occasion, our staff is trained to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to ask your server about how we can make your experience more enjoyable.
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good Food, Good Service, Not So Good Overall Experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Paisano's after having a hard time deciding on what to have for dinner, and since an Italian coworker of mine suggested it, we gave it a shot, even though it's not on a side of town that we normally frequent. We were immediately impressed with the simple but tasteful decor, the marble tables, and the comfortable padded high-backed booths that afforded us a little privacy from the people behind us. The restaurant had a nice ambiance as far as that goes. I ordered the lasagna, and my husband had the sausage, pepper, and onion parmesan, both of which came with side salads and two garlic knots. We both enjoyed our dishes very much, but I did feel that the menu prices were a little bit high for Italian food and bordering on more than I care to pay for pasta. Our server Alice was very nice, prompt, and attentive. The major turn-off for me came after we had eaten our salads and garlic knots and just before our entrees were brought out. The man running the kitchen, whom I assumed to be the owner since he was cooking and seemed to be running the show, started to yell at one of the servers. The kitchen area is open to the dining area, so I'm sure that my husband and I weren't the only ones to hear it. The man yelled at the server to smile and said something about taking care of customers, and his tirade probably lasted 15-20 seconds. I couldn't see this happen but heard it all, and my husband could see the man yelling and getting agitated. He should have pulled the server aside and addressed his concern privately. If he was so concerned about customer service, then he should have been concerned that most of his customers could overhear his tantrum. The food was good, Alice was good, but the man in the kitchen ruined what could have been a wonderful dining experience by acting unprofessionally and treating an employee poorly in front of customers and all other staff members. I wouldn't be smiling either if I worked for someone who treated me this way. I will never voluntarily eat at this restaurant again, just because of this.

• Visited September 2013

Meridian, Mississippi
“This place is worse than awful.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I wish I could give it no stars at all. It was 1 in the afternoon and we were the ONLY table in the place. The ONLY ONE! They had no Coke, they sent someone to the Tom Thumb to get it and he came back with cans of Pepsi. What? My mother's Philly Cheese steak was burned to a crisp. They charged me $15.95 for manicotti and it consisted of 2 small tubes that tasted like microwaved Lean Cuisine. My son and husband ordered pizza and the cook realized AFTER everyone else had their food, that he had forgotten to make the pizza. They waited another 15 minutes and it was burned on the bottom and had hardly any cheese on top at all.

The server was nice but the food from this place is a total disaster. Will NEVER go back!

• Visited August 2013
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“The Best Pizza in the Gulf Region”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Being originally from NY and a self acclaimed connoisseur of pizza I can say with full authority that this is by far the best pizza place in Pensacola if not the whole region. In fact it is the best pizza that I have had outside of the NY area. From the outside the place looks kind of plain but don't let that fool you. The inside is very nice and by the way the staff is great. The rest of the menu is great and you need to try the garlic knots.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ken L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've lived in New York most of my life, moved here less than 5 years ago and haven't found any place moderately close to good pizza. This place blew my socks off and made me feel at home. I bought a regular cheese pizza and brought it home to my family, it was gone within minutes. I fully reccomend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. I won't go anywhere else now when I am craving pizza.

Plus, they have GARLIC KNOTS!

1 Thank melovebrianna
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good Pizza, But Not the Best”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After the raving reviews, we gave it a try. Not a bad pie at all, but... we had their "Altissimo"... I found the sauce just a tad on the too sweet side. The meats/sausage left a tiny bit to be desired as well for my tastes. NY-style thin crust was still just a little too thick and too much "edge crust".
Prices are right on the edge of being too steep... a small greek salad was $7.95 and not much bigger than the avereage side-salad. On the bright side, dine-in service was very good; waiter attentive and in good spirits.

• Visited January 2013