All reviewskitchen areaworked greatchecking inwill stay there againstaff was very friendly and helpfulroom was clean and comfortablekitchenettenavy
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you are looking for accomodations near Pensacola NAS, this hotel is adequate.

The good - rooms are large and the mattress was not too hard. The floor plan is good and exterior lighting is great, along with the fenced property. Rooms were quiet as was the hotel in general - even on a holiday weekend.

The bad - the place is severely outdated. Carpets need replaced, furniture updated, colors and painting need redone.

You need to keep in mind that this is an extended stay and the primary customer are visiting military family. We did not have an unpleasant experience, but there is not a lot I can brag on this place about. It served the purpose and we slept well. Our objective was to be close to the base and we were 5 short minutes from the main gate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hoosierpal
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We are in Pensacola for a SCUBA diving trip to the USS Oriskany w/ Viking Diving. Suburban is very close to Chico Marina, where Vikings' boat is docked. Our room was clean & reasonably priced; they gave us an additional $5 off of the rate when we told them that we were driving w/ Viking. The staff was cordial & gave us complimentary late check-out.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

After reviewing photos and reviews, my expectations were let down. The staff were creepy, rude, and not helpful. The rooms were worn down looking, very little dishes to use. Some of the floors creeked. I went in a group, one room for guys, one room for girls. When girls checked in we were given no information about the hotel. When the guys checked in they were informed of the pool, gym, etc. I was very happy we actually had guys on the trip. I would never have stayed there without them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The kitchens are awesome and the room was very clean. Our first impression was not good with children running unsupervised in the halls screaming and the front desk agent on his cell phone. Also the smell was very smoky in the first interior door, we later saw the front desk agent smoking, propping the door open with his foot, glancing at the desk every few minutes. Also the tile in the kitchen was uneven (the whole floor was a bit lumpy) causing us to trip. The only elevator was a bit jerky and slow.
Now the kitchen, cleanliness, and bed was very comfortable. The ac worked well and the water pressure in the shower was great. The small sponge they give you was much appreciated b/c I forgot mine.
I would not recommend this hotel for girls traveling alone. Several times there were men in the parking lot staring at us, or in the elevator and we did not feel safe. It was not a very safe invironment for single girls, families maybe, but the staff did not seem very attentive. They were polite, but they did not seem like they wanted to be there or cared how they presented themselves.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Maggs5887
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I've stayed in much much nicer, and only a couple worse. It's livable with the kitchenette, king bed was comfortable enough, but I really didn't care for it. Drinks, snacks and Ice machine for the whole place is on the first floor. Small thin towels, showers average. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody I cared about, but I was wrkg here for a few days and just slept here.

• Stayed: April 2012