All reviewskitchen areaworked greatchecking inwill stay there againstaff was very friendly and helpfulroom was clean and comfortablekitchenettenavy
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 months while going to school for the Navy. The management and staff were very helpful and hospitable the whole time I was there. Got to be like you were a member of the family. Will miss them and would stay there again if I go back to Pensacola. Don't forget the cookies on Thursday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor facing the pool are the quietest. The manager, Marty, is very accomidating and willing to work with you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jrpope
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My line of work leads me to many different hotels throughout the US, and I have to say this hotel by far has the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever seen. In my travels my typical stays are above a month long and I am away from my family so having a place were they go out of your way to make you feel like your at home is a great ease knowing you're not just a guest but part of there family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you job leads you to long stays. The cost per night is more than fair and is a steal for the amenities that are provided. Also they are part of the choice rewards program which helps you gain points for free stays at thousands of hotels, free miles for air travel etc. If I come back to pensacola without a doubt or question my stay will be at the Suburban Ext. Stay.

Room Tip: If your looking for a room with a full blown kitchen washer and dryers in the room and is spacious. Ask for the Admirals Suite.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Noah M
Reviewed November 24, 2011

A great hotel in what seemed to be a not so nice neighborhood at first but turned out to be good! A Shopping center diagonally across the street with a grocery store and a Churches Fried Chicken next door. Tippy's Tavern was within walking distance and was also a pleasant place to stop in. If you are a scuba diver, the MBT Dive shop was just 2 or 3 blocks east.
This hotel was clean and well equipped with kitchen facilities in our room. The rooms were clean, the TV was good but the internet was wired only. We could pick up a slight wireless signal because our room was next to the lobby but the wired worked much better.
The TV was nice and the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff was exceptional and all in all it was a really great value. I didn't notice any breakfast the next morning but with the kitchen facilities in our room and the store across the street, we didn't need it.
It was a pleasant stay and I would DO IT AGAIN here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cliffsiler
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We have stayed here twice when we could not get accommodations on the Navy base. The location is great for the Navy base, but it will be a drive to any of the public beaches. It is inexpensive: $69/nt if they like you or you booked online, $50/night if you have a special deal with them. The fridge is full-sized, the cooktop (note: turn on the wall-mounted timer in order to get power to the cooktop!) is 2-burner, the microwave works and so does the coffeemaker. There is a surprising amount of storage: ample cupboards including a built-in under the desk/table and a spacious closet near the bathroom. Master switch near door controls room lights. Countertops and surfaces in general were clean, but the rug was filthy (it is dark brown and patterned, so you can't tell until you walk on the carpet and your socks turn dark brown immediately) and the air conditioning unit had a mildew aroma (which we "treated" by running room deodorizer through the vents).

The most recent time we stayed there, they rented to us, and at the $69 (sort-of-full) rate, but did not tell us that our hallway was about to become a construction zone as a team of guys went through stripping off the wallpaper, repainting, and putting up textured walls instead in the hallways. It's going to look great when it's done, I'm sure, it was just weird and a bit noisy to have the hallways covered in plastic drop cloths and paper-stripping going on starting early in the morning. Better than the peeling wallpaper they had before, definitely. The staff are nice; the manager particularly so. They do lock all of the entries after 10 pm, except the "back" one right beside the front desk, so if you are being dropped off, plan accordingly - don't stop at the "front entrance," which will be locked even to your room key.

There is only one elevator. With all the healthy Navy types running around, a lot of people use the stairs, which are at the far ends of the three "wings." There are no stairs by the elevator. So if you don't want to do a lot of stairs and you hate waiting for the one elevator, choose ground floor: but watch out, that's popular.

As you can tell, the place has some quirks, but it's very inexpensive and kitty-corner from a Food World supermarket, so also convenient if your family will be in the room while a family member has the car. Pool, two luggage carts, laundromat on the premises, small workout room, one internet terminal in the lobby, often in use. Ample parking lot surrounds the building on two sides. The neighborhood is weird: Warrington has a bad rep, but the hotel is actually across the street from a country club... with a barrier fence to separate the club from Warrington and the bus stops on Barrancas. If you walk west toward Navy past the chicken place and the head shop, you will see a mural for Hip Pocket Deli: these people are a local legend for lunch, with a meatball the size of your head if you care to take the challenge of eating one. So, Warrington has some appeal during the day, but you will notice that some of the local businesses are heavy on obvious security measures... that's 'cuz at night it's a bit dicier... hence the lockup at the hotel, too. Just plan accordingly and don't go wandering around the streets after dark.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Catamariner
Reviewed September 12, 2011

On the plus side - Nce place, clean rooms and had every5hing I needed for my stay there.Very pleasant employees. On the negative side - hallways smelled like cigarette smoke and the place could use some serious updating. Overall good bang for the buck I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business