“Great Room, Bad Location”

Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed November 13, 2013

There were very few uh oh's with this hotel. The first was the fact that this hotel sits behind another building and is not visible from the street. Actually drove past the entrance to the road leading back to the hotel. The parking area was small. having a few tour buses in the lot did not help things. The area is not "the best" but I've seen worse.

Once we got into the hotel it was nice and clean. Staff at the front desk got us checked in quickly and explained where everything was.

The room was nice but the bathroom door looked as if someone had tried to peel some of the facing off the door! I don't know if some one chipped the door or what but I could tell there was a wooden door underneath the white paint. The door also looked like it needed a fresh coat of paint or a good scrub down. It was yellowed in spots and had some , what I'm guessing, stains. The vents in the bathroom needed to be cleaned.

The room felt a little crowded with the table next to the far bed. I had to make sure I didn't bump into it when i got out of bed! The TV stations were a crap shoot. Some worked, some didn't. The shower made awful noises when the water was on. So much so, I was afraid that the people next door would complain.

The view was poor as it looked over AC units and the hotel next door. This was the first hotel room I've stayed in that the window opened! Thought that was odd.

The bed! THE BED!!!!! The only thing wrong with the bed was the fact I could not take it with me. This bed was better than the one I have at home! If we hadn't needed to leave so early I would have stayed in bed just because it was so comfy!

The breakfast was good. Had better and had much worse. Waffles, hot and cold cereal, breads egg "patties" and sausage patties, sausage gravy and juice. Would have loved to have had some fruit but other than that, the food was great!

All in all I would book this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello MizzMars and Thanks for posting a review. Yes, we are Pensacola ’s Best Kept Secret for quality and value. So happy you enjoyed the comfortable beds & nice amenities. Please come back to experience our new renovations. Again Thanks, Comfort Inn Hospitality Team.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice hotel for the price paid. Recognized as an elite member and given a water and bag of chips. Hotel staff was nice and friendly. Hotel located near a mexican restaurant within walking distance. Not the best food, but was decent. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrior1982
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank You for a wonderful review . We are committed to provide our guest with best service. We appreciate you, for being a loyal Choice Prevailages member and earning elite status.
Look forward to your next visit.

Thanks, Comfort Inn Hospitality Team

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, helpful, clean, easy to I-10, happy campers! Free cookies n breakfast! Even got my membership gift at checkin.
Pool looks nice too.
Do not eat at the Mex. Rest. Next door, (not affiliated with comfort inn)

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks for the nice review. We are glad to hear that you had great experience staying at our hotel. We strive to provide nice, clean, quiet rooms and friendly service with reasonable price.

Look forward to your next visit, Please see us again.

Comfort Inn Management

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Comfort Inn has a great breakfast ready for us each morning.Tonya was bright and cheerful Sunday morning. Also on Saturday the fellow behind the checkin desk was helpful with a map of Pensacola downtown and also good places to eat......

Room Tip: 2 nd floor room 209 was ok...............
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nwyus,
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for Tonya and guest service agent that worked Sunday morning.
Our priority is to provide excellent hospitality year round.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I love the versatile pillows.
The hot Breakfast buffet was excellent.
The Staff very pleasant and extremely friendly.
Yes, I would stay there again.
The location was convenient. It smelt clean and looked clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ann B,
We are delighted to receive a wonderful review from you, we are glad you loved our pillows and breakfast buffet. It feels great to be acknowledged by guest like you for wonderful service this hotel staff provides.
Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days. The hotel was very busy Fri and Sat, almost deserted on Sun. The place is very convenient to getting quickly to beaches, downtown as it is close by Int 10. 10 min will take you to shopping (Cordova Mall) or restaurants in downtown area. Do not miss the Farmers Market on Sat on Palafox (downtown).

Check in, after 90 min delay, was quick (did not mind the wait), the staff very helpful.
Room was OK size, but smelled of bleach. We discovered other issues (more later), but we never asked for different room. Good TV channel selection, but only 1 HBO. Room had microwave and minifridge (not silent, but not noisy either). Bed was on the softer side, but the pillows (3 firm, 2 soft) were nice (if you must bring your own, do so but there's no need). The linen (just like the towels) had seen lot of use and better days. The a/c cooled the room nicely, but it is your standard, noisy wall unit. The pool towels size felt more like hand towels.

Breakfast was above average with eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, choice of cereal, breads, pastries, etc., but limited fruit choices, e.g. bananas were available only on the last day.

We had no issues with noise coming through the walls, but plenty through the doors which had wide gaps all around.

There are maintenance & cleanliness issues (we did not mentioned these to management; they should be aware):
- broken night light in the bath
- stinky shower curtain that is in desperate need of washing
- carpet could also use some cleaning
- peeling paint by the window plus some scratches here and there
- dirty bath light
- big cigarette burn in the curtain (in a non-smoking room to boot)

Truly this should be 3.5* review, but it was not bad stay by any means and we may stay again if in the area. All depends on price. Just bring ear plugs as some of the 'guests' have no concept of common courtesy to others or good manners.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KHL12

Dear KHL12, I thank you for your review and glad you have a great overall stay. I apologize for aspects of your stay that was not satisfactory. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family had the pleasure of arriving to the smell of CLEAN! We had to call and try to check in early because we were ahead of schedule...needless to say that the Front Desk Lead Chris was very accomodating. When I arrived two hours later to check in, he recognized my voice, offered a huge smile, thanked me for staying with Comfort Inn, and had me checked in within 2 minutes! I am BIG on customer service and my experience was 5 star! Thanks Chris and Staff on Davis Highway for making us feel welcome!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 4BLEDSOES
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for Chris.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Comfort Inn Management.