“I was surprised at how nice...”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I'm sure this property has been recently renovated and updated. Nice bed and linens - even the pillows. Very clean with no funky smells. Shower and toilet in one room and it's small. Vanity in separate area and the lighting was very low. Makes you look better but difficult for makeup.
We've stayed at this property before and were not too impressed, but as they say - You've come a long way baby! BTW there was no coffee (can get it in the lobby) and no hair dryer. Not a problem for us, but maybe for someone else, it would be.

1  Thank SunnyDaizePHX
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear SunnyDaizePHX,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so pleased to hear you were impressed with this stay over your last and that you found the renovated rooms, bedding quality, and overall stay comfortable and nice. Try out our Superior King rooms on your next trip which include the hair dryer, iron/board, as well as coffee maker, and larger flat screen TV. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. Wishing you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The rooms at first seemed ok when we checked in.
The room keys we had to go to the desk everyday sometimes more then once a day to get our keycards redone so we could get back into our rooms. One of the rooms my uncle was staying in had baby roaches in it, it was confirmed by the front desk when they killed one and brought it to the check in desk. Then found them in my grandma's room too. We didn't have any that I could see in our room. They immediately changed to a different room. The front desk people were so nice, I can't say enough about their hospitality.
The hotel seems to get a lot of riff raff, drug dealers, etc. One of the nights we were there the CSI team was there along with the deputy and other squad cars.
I would not stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Tigercharm,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased to hear you were so happy with the staff here and that we were able to accommodate you swiftly and to your satisfaction and will be sure to pass this along to them. I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the hotel itself due to the unforeseen circumstances during your stay, pests, and key issues you experienced and extend my deepest apologies.

I understand you and your family were here for unfortunate personal matters and we are truly sorry due to issues here we were unable to deliver an excellent stay during your time of grief. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me at 850-476-7960. We wish you and your family safe travels and hope to have a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Usually stay at Choice Hotels and the local one here was given 2 stars by AAA. So was the Red Roof on Plantation Rd. When we arrived another couple was leaving due to the smoke smell in their room so we immediately asked to see a room before booking. We were shown 103 and there was no smoke smell and the room appeared relatively clean. Considering a $40 difference for a 2 star room we took a chance And it worked for us. Was not the cleanest room I have stayed in but not the dirtiest either. Do wish these hotels would learn to dust other than on top. Top of lamps, edges, etc. need cleaned and in this room, the ceiling needs to be dusted also. The room was adequate and we slept well, so can't complain for the price especially in January in Florida, would I stay again, probably. Do have to add that the staff is definitely trying and all 3 people I talked to were extremely pleasant and helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: Check your room before committing to staying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Tmterie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you slept well and found the prices to be reasonable during your stay as well as received great customer service from the staff members you encountered! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I appreciate your reporting the neglected items in the room so that I can immediately address these with housekeeping and extend my sincerest apologies. We wish you and your family safe travels and look forward to serving you in the future if you are in the area again!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

When we first walked into our room it smelled like mold. We dropped our bags, and I went in to take a shower. I look up and there's a big roach in the corner of the shower. My husband killed that one, and we gave the place the benefit of the doubt and assumed it came in when the door was open and we were bringing our bags in. We laid down in bed and I felt something crawl on my hand. When he turned the light on, we discovered yet another roach. We left immediately to check into a hotel down the road.

Dear Causeya,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sincerely sorry and disappointed to hear you experienced pests here during your stay, but can assure you all pest issues are reported immediately to our Pest Control Vendor and serviced as quickly as possible. We certainly do not want any pest issues just like our guest don't want to experience this. We thank you for reporting this immediately so that we could take the appropriate actions to correct the issue. If you would like to speak directly with me pertaining to your stay please contact me at 850-476-7960. Again my deepest apologies for the poor experience and we look forward to having a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future. We wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a great location near I-10, the mall, ton of restaurants to choose from.

The room was clean. Sheets clean.

This Red Roof did something that the others did not. They hold their housekeeping staff accountable for their rooms by leaving cards behind stating who cleaned which room. If there is an issue you can let the front desk know who cleaned the room and what issues you might have.

We opted for their deluxe 2 full beds with microwave and fridge with a small freezer. You can view photos of the room.

It was close to Naval Air Station Museum only about a 35 minute drive away.

There was a crack in the wall which you'll see in the photos. This did not bother us - we had a clean room, clean sheets, and was pleased with the front desk.

We were pleased upon check out because we were not charged the "In room safe fee" since we did not use the safe. Other Red Roof inns charge this fee even if we didn't use the safe. It was nice to see the attention to detail.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor next to the waffle house - no issues. The offer a Florida resident disco...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear LetsGoFamily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room and bedding to be clean, location to be great with many dining options, and the staff pleasant! I do apologize for the crack in the wall and will address this with our maintenance staff immediately. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Place is cosmetically great for $50 a night but... The room smelled molded and wet. It was on so dirty. Old stuff in the fridge, mounds of bugs in window sill, nasty dirt build up all over the two lamps above the bed (looked like a mechanic stayed here for a week) carpet stained and not vacuumed. And all this after the first room they sent me to had not even been cleaned one bit. $50 is nice, but I would rather pay $100 at holiday in and have a clean room.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Polisatire,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am throughly disappointed to hear of this unacceptable stay and would like to speak with you directly at 850-476-7960 so that I may address your concerns as well as the appropriate staff immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to hearing from you soon. We wish you staff travels and hope to serve your lodging needs better in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean, Updated Rooms, Great shower. Will stay again. Rooms are as nice as the 90-120 dollar hotel rooms Ive stayed in. The only disadvantage is no pool or gym and the hotel is a good drive from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Dawn72455,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! Wow! What a great compliment that we are "as nice as the 90-120 hotel rooms" you've stayed in. I will be sure to pass this outstanding compliment along to my team here. I am pleased to hear you found your room to be clean and shower to be good as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you and your family safe travels!