Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a reservation for a deluxe non-smoking king room. We arrived and went to check out the room...which smelled like smoke. When I approached the front desk about the smell I was informed that they had recently remodeled and that some of the rooms still had the smell of smoke. In the advertisement we read that there was wifi with the room. It worked in five minute intervals and our electronic devices had difficulty even finding the wifi. On our last night we saw a cockroach dash behind the curtain. They also didn't serve breakfast which would have made our stay better. I wouldn't stay here again to be honest but we were in a bind and the other hotels in the area were booked for the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear ZSmithcoach,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. First and foremost please accept my apologies for any smoking odor you experienced; we did renovate a little less than a year ago, but the room should not smell of smoke unless a guest recently smoked in it. We do apply a fee for smoking in the room to the guests who ignore the non-smoking policy as well as deep clean any rooms reported to have been smoked in. This should have been taken care of in this room prior to your arrival and I apologize if we failed to do so. I will address this with my team immediately to prevent any future occurences and greatly appreciate your reporting this. I will also contact our pest control vendor concerning your comments on pests to have this serviced immediately.

We also have a 24 hour tech support for our WiFi should anyone experience any issues; in the future please let the front office know right away if you have difficulties connecting or receiving a signal so that we may immediately take care of this issue. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss anything further concerning your stay at 850-476-7960. I appreciate your feedback so we may better serve future guests and wish you and your famil safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Where do I start? When we first pulled up, I thought it was a low-income apartment complex, because people actually LIVE there or are on extended stay. I, generally, don't stay in places where the doors face outward. It's run down and looks nothing like the nicer hotels that surround it.
There were people just "hanging" out on the balcony smoking with no shirts on. We even saw people tailgating with beer in the parking lot, in the middle of the day!
The room: it looked better than the outside of the motel, but don't be fooled by the pictures online. The rooms don't come with a blow dryer, iron or ironing boards. The double rooms (where we stayed) don't have a refrigerator or microwave. The only other complaint about our room, would be that it wasn't cleaned well. The restroom wreaked of set-in urine and there was pubic hair around it and in the shower, which led me to believe it hadn't been cleaned properly. One day, housekeeping did not clean our room, so we stopped by the laundry room to get fresh towels. The motel manager happened to be there and asked us why we were getting towels? We told her that housekeeping didn't clean our room. She said that she would talk to them about it. Later, she called our room and said she would give us a free nights stay at any Red Roof Inn (which was a nice gesture). Our other friends that were with us, got a free stay as well, because their toilet didn't work in their room and had to be moved to another room. Upon checkout after 4 nights, the front desk clerk named Deborah was so rude, I immediately got in the car and wrote this review and we JUST checked out!! Not professional AT ALL!!
Overall: I will never, ever stay at another Red Roof Inn, especially this one. I didn't feel safe because of all the people hanging out and it was dirty. The ONLY reason I stayed the whole time, was because we were there for a conference and I didn't pay for it. I only stay in nice hotels and everybody's idea of nice is not the same!! You've been warned!!

1  Thank Hazleyes1969
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Hazleyes1969,

Thank you for taking the time to write review. I certainly apologize for your poor experience here and wish you would have discussed these other issues with me during our time talking concerning the no service on your last day so that we could address each appropriately and immediately. I do appreciate your reporting these issues so that I can address the appropriate team members. If you wish to speak with me directly to discuss any of these concerns further please call 850-476-7960 and ask for me. Again I thank you for reporting concerns about your stay and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was not what we expected. Location ok but clientele sketchy. People were hanging out with doors open. Seemed not very safe. We saw bugs in the room and checked out after an hour and found another hotel to stay at downtown. Not for families and would not recommend.

2  Thank outnabout4ever
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Outnabout4ever,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to hear you felt there were safety concerns that prevented you from staying. Please know there are staff on property 24 hours a day and you can dial "0" to reach the front office attendent to relay and discuss any concerns you may have and we will immediately address any. We do provide onsite security after hours at this inn for our guest's safety. I appreciate your feedback and hope we have a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future if you are in there area. We wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed here for 1 night several times over the past few years, while driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Baton Rouge. It is just a few miles from the dog beach, which is why we schedule the stop here. Red Roof is reasonably priced and dog friendly. This property has updated its rooms, but the outside is showing wear & tear. It lacks a pool, but the beach is nearby. They recently went smoke free, which is a plus. Staff is friendly, but not knowledgeable about the area. The hotel adds a $1.50 safe charge in addition to exorbitant Florida taxes, but they remove it when you request it at checkout. We plan to return in September.

Room Tip: I prefer the back building, but the rooms are basically the same. There were a bunch of kids next do...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Eeyore63,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am very happy to hear you have been a loyal customer for this inn for so long! I am also estatic to hear you enjoy our recent switch to 100 % non-smoking and the updated rooms! We are working on some landscaping in the coming weeks to help improve the outside appearance and curb appeal of this inn as well as some special projects concerning cleanliness as this inn is now under new management! I look forward to having you stay with us again soon to see the changes over the coming weeks and again thank you for your business! We wish safe travels!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I always stop and stay here next to a cracker barrel so all you have to do is cross the road to eat . The hotel has very nice rooms very clean and the check in staff are always friendly . The bathrooms are clean the water is very hot so you do not have to wait long . WiFi very strong easy to hook up to .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny S

Dear Johnny S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you stay so frequently and always have encountered clean rooms and friendly staff as well as find us convenient in terms of location! We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you again for your repeated business! We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Not a horrible place to stay for the price but not the best place I've stayed at. Does not look like what the picture displays.

Staff was very friendly.

Room was okay. Our room was still in the process of being cleaned when we were checked in so we had to leave and come back. Kind of annoying. Room did.have a smell too. After those things were fixed, it was alright. Small room but comfortable for.my husband and I.

Price would be the only reason I'd stay here again.

Dear Whitneyleann07,

Thank you for aking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear the staff you encountered were friendly! I do apologize for your wait at your time of check in; our official check in time is 4 p.m.

We are currently in our peak season and extremely busy if not sold out just about every night. If you have an early check in request we will give our best efforts to fulfill those if you stay again soon please let the reservationist know this. I greatly appreciate your business ad hope to see you again soon; we wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed here twice- Once by myself and once with my fiance. I haven't had any issues either time. Clean room, hot water, everything worked. Bed was a little hard, but that's just me. It's a great stop by hotel. For the price, it's wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear luckyme87,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I am pleased to hear that during both of your stays you experienced clean rooms and found the hotel to be a good stop over during your travels! I will be sure to share your comments with the team here and look forward to seeing you again soon; we wish you safe travels!