Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the nastiest place I have ever stayed! Our first room smelled horrible of mildew. Not being one to want to complain, I thought I would suck it up and just deal with it...I mean, it was only for a night, so I thought I could deal. Well, that was until I took my shoes off and felt water squish between my toes. I went to the desk, and was given a new room. The lady was very sweet and helpful, and did switch our room without issues. The second room, still stinking, did not have water soaking in the carpet, but did have the grossest toilet stains I have ever seen. It looked as if someone had explosive bowel issues. All of this in addition to the fact that the stairs leading to the second floor feel like they are dry rotting and will break any moment, and the fact that it did not feel like a safe area. The price was decent, but I have learned you get what you pay for. I am happy this was just a room we needed for a night and was not a vacation for us, as my son and I were visiting a local college. NEVER AGAIN!!! Please, do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. It is not worth it...Looks like a No Tell, Motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Alisha29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so disappointed to hear you experienced a poor stay. I am the new General Manager, Lori Brown, as of July 1st and will be addressing many issues at the inn here in terms of quality. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and address the issues you've mentioned with housekeeping and maintenance. I appreciate the report on the staircase and will immediately be addressing this. I look forward to making necessary improvements to this location and hope you will give us a chance to better serve you if you are in the area again. Again we appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback; we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for an overnight stay for June 15, 2013. After I booked I read some of the reviews and was terrified as to what I may have gotten myself into. But I was very surprised when we drove in. I went straight to the front desk and was greeted by a wonderful employee named Tee!!! 1 of our rooms had no AC and there were no more rooms with double beds. But Thanks to Tee, she fixed us up with what she had to offer, 2 rooms each with king size beds. This was at 9:30pm and we just wanted a room with no hassle. Well, we got just that. Tee is a wonderful employee and accommodated us with no problem. The rooms were alittle stale from wear, but for what we paid, they were okay. I would stay there again, if we were passing through town and need a room for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheDisneyMeme
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear TheDisneyMeme,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so estatic to hear you were greeted so warmly by Tee and found the inn to be a value and good accommodations for your stay! I certainly apologize for the improperly functioning a/c unit on the first room, but am happy to hear Tee was able to get you situated immediately! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Driving in from a westerly direction, we stopped at the Florida line for a travel coupon magazine. The RRI was advertising rooms for $44.99 a night based on availability. We called and were told that they had few bookings and would honor the price. As the afternoon wore on the place started filling up and the rate jumped to $64.99. Remember, those coupons are only used to jump start the reservations. They don't have to honor them if the place is full.

This was the start of a great 2.5 day trip.

Pensacola on a budget is easy to do. The RRI gave us a clean room that really was a non-smoking room. The room didn't smell overly disinfected, just clean. Pet and smoke smells are a deal breaker, this room had none.

The bed was big and new, the satellite TV was fine, and the shower was hot. That's all we really needed and the place delivered the goods.

The staff was pleasant and sincere, especially Shirley and Robert. I wish I could remember the name of the woman that honored the coupon.

The free coffee in the office was fresh. There was a Waffle House within walking distance, Davis Hwy. had tons of retail and restaurants, the highway was easy to get to and the beach was 14 miles away. We loved watching the squirrels and robins forage in the grassy areas.

We were very pleased with our experience at this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: This RRI is pet-friendly. Always ask for a non-smoking/non-pet room. I can't wait until all hote...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear D D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our inn! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team here. I am also pleased to hear you were able to see for yourself we do accept the coupons other than at peak times and that your room was found to be clean and odor free. I will be sure to thank Robert and Shirley for taking such great care of you during your stay also! We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in the area and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice response from the GM but I was a walk in. You should seriously speak to your employees. They are telling people at 9am in the morning that the coupon will not be accepted. So your answer makes no sense. If you don't take it for reservations then it is not possible to be sold out at 9am. But that's ok have had a wonderful 1 week stay at the Baymont next door. Larger rooms, clean, and also no pet fee with coupon. Which guess what they always take. Don't bother printing coupons your employees will not honor.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The last hotel we stayed at in Pensacola was just awful though. This one is only slightly better because the room was an ok size though I'm not sure what the world you could use that desk for. The plug in for a laptop was miles away from the desk itself! It was convenient to the I-10 so we could jump 110 and ride across the bridge to the sweet beach area in less than 30 minutes without having to pay the outrageous rate that a hotel within 10 minutes from that beach area fetches prices for. Of course lots of shops and restaurants along the way so that was a plus. Otherwise staff was ok, fire alarm went off one night during the 4 nights there turned out to be a false and breakfast was stale trash. Overall this hotel could use a modern facelift (comforters, paint, vacuums, beds, and decor) to warrant the price we paid.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Theguywhose n,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you found the location convenient with on and off access and near beaches, but still at a value. We do not serve breakfast at this location; coffee only is served in the lobby or select rooms have the in room coffee makers so I am not sure what the reference is to there? We are happy you chose our inn for your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel was understaffed, first room we were assigned had a broken door that would not close and teh phone ripped off the handset, no problem getting another room but the toilet would not flush properly and I had to go to the disk clerk to get someone to check it out. They sent a maid with a plunger and got it barely working and two days later it is still not fixed.

The staff tried and they were apologetic but why run a hotel if you cannot staff and maintain the rooms. Never using this chain again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend Red Roof to anyone who wants a comfortable stress free stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Terry W.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to hear of your poor experience during your stay and will immediately address this with the staff to prevent similar issues in the future. I welcome you to contact me directly at 850-476-7960 to discuss this stay in more detail if you wish. Again we appreciate the feedback and look forward to better serving you in the future and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The coupons found at every rest stop in Florida for this property is useless. Not sure why they bothered to advertise this way. If you do not intend on honoring your coupons don't put them out. It only makes people think you are baiting and switching which just simply ticks me off. Will stay somewhere that the rates are as advertised thanks!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rebecca D,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I wanted to explain to you how the coupons work. Coupons are a walk in rate only not accepted if making reservations, applicable for our standard rooms only either 1 king bed or 2 full size beds, and a predetermined alloted amount of these rooms are sold daily depending on the demand and occupancy.

We are currently in our peak season and these coupon rooms are sold quickly every day. If you are arriving late afternoon or evening during this peak time chances are high the inn has sold all of the allotted amount of coupon rooms and would deny the coupon at that time; it's not that we don't accept them. I hope this clarifies this issue for you and you will give us a better opportunity to serve you in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!