“Very Good for Our Needs” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Metairie, Louisiana
“Very Good for Our Needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Driving in from a westerly direction, we stopped at the Florida line for a travel coupon magazine. The RRI was advertising rooms for $44.99 a night based on availability. We called and were told that they had few bookings and would honor the price. As the afternoon wore on the place started filling up and the rate jumped to $64.99. Remember, those coupons are only used to jump start the reservations. They don't have to honor them if the place is full.

This was the start of a great 2.5 day trip.

Pensacola on a budget is easy to do. The RRI gave us a clean room that really was a non-smoking room. The room didn't smell overly disinfected, just clean. Pet and smoke smells are a deal breaker, this room had none.

The bed was big and new, the satellite TV was fine, and the shower was hot. That's all we really needed and the place delivered the goods.

The staff was pleasant and sincere, especially Shirley and Robert. I wish I could remember the name of the woman that honored the coupon.

The free coffee in the office was fresh. There was a Waffle House within walking distance, Davis Hwy. had tons of retail and restaurants, the highway was easy to get to and the beach was 14 miles away. We loved watching the squirrels and robins forage in the grassy areas.

We were very pleased with our experience at this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: This RRI is pet-friendly. Always ask for a non-smoking/non-pet room. I can't wait until all hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear D D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our inn! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team here. I am also pleased to hear you were able to see for yourself we do accept the coupons other than at peak times and that your room was found to be clean and odor free. I will be sure to thank Robert and Shirley for taking such great care of you during your stay also! We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in the area and wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice response from the GM but I was a walk in. You should seriously speak to your employees. They are telling people at 9am in the morning that the coupon will not be accepted. So your answer makes no sense. If you don't take it for reservations then it is not possible to be sold out at 9am. But that's ok have had a wonderful 1 week stay at the Baymont next door. Larger rooms, clean, and also no pet fee with coupon. Which guess what they always take. Don't bother printing coupons your employees will not honor.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The last hotel we stayed at in Pensacola was just awful though. This one is only slightly better because the room was an ok size though I'm not sure what the world you could use that desk for. The plug in for a laptop was miles away from the desk itself! It was convenient to the I-10 so we could jump 110 and ride across the bridge to the sweet beach area in less than 30 minutes without having to pay the outrageous rate that a hotel within 10 minutes from that beach area fetches prices for. Of course lots of shops and restaurants along the way so that was a plus. Otherwise staff was ok, fire alarm went off one night during the 4 nights there turned out to be a false and breakfast was stale trash. Overall this hotel could use a modern facelift (comforters, paint, vacuums, beds, and decor) to warrant the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Theguywhose n,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you found the location convenient with on and off access and near beaches, but still at a value. We do not serve breakfast at this location; coffee only is served in the lobby or select rooms have the in room coffee makers so I am not sure what the reference is to there? We are happy you chose our inn for your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel was understaffed, first room we were assigned had a broken door that would not close and teh phone ripped off the handset, no problem getting another room but the toilet would not flush properly and I had to go to the disk clerk to get someone to check it out. They sent a maid with a plunger and got it barely working and two days later it is still not fixed.

The staff tried and they were apologetic but why run a hotel if you cannot staff and maintain the rooms. Never using this chain again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend Red Roof to anyone who wants a comfortable stress free stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Terry W.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to hear of your poor experience during your stay and will immediately address this with the staff to prevent similar issues in the future. I welcome you to contact me directly at 850-476-7960 to discuss this stay in more detail if you wish. Again we appreciate the feedback and look forward to better serving you in the future and wish you safe travels.

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The coupons found at every rest stop in Florida for this property is useless. Not sure why they bothered to advertise this way. If you do not intend on honoring your coupons don't put them out. It only makes people think you are baiting and switching which just simply ticks me off. Will stay somewhere that the rates are as advertised thanks!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca D,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I wanted to explain to you how the coupons work. Coupons are a walk in rate only not accepted if making reservations, applicable for our standard rooms only either 1 king bed or 2 full size beds, and a predetermined alloted amount of these rooms are sold daily depending on the demand and occupancy.

We are currently in our peak season and these coupon rooms are sold quickly every day. If you are arriving late afternoon or evening during this peak time chances are high the inn has sold all of the allotted amount of coupon rooms and would deny the coupon at that time; it's not that we don't accept them. I hope this clarifies this issue for you and you will give us a better opportunity to serve you in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked her for it's proximity to local attractions and reasonable price. Since I only needed an overnight before we continued our trip, I was not worried about its lack of amenities. But when I drove into the parking lot, I noticed how dark the area was and how many of the cars there seemed in poor condition.

The front desk lady was friendly though and seemed to have her sister or friend hanging out-no big deal because it did not interfere with her job. She directed me to the room and when I parked the car, I was floored! There was a couple hanging out smoking and I am not convinced that it was not a working lady and her "boos" or "client." That was all I needed.

I returned to the front office and told the lady that I would not stay there with my children and would like a refund. She was very polite and immediately issued a credit on my card-no questions, no arguments.

In retrospect the girl hanging out in the office was probably there because of the safety in number theory. I would not recommend this hotel at all and especially not to anyone female travelling alone or anyone with children. This hotel does not have interior halls (no big deal in Florida) but for questionable loiterers to see that I am entering a room, alone with my small children, does not make me feel very comfortable being there.

VERY POLITE FRONT DESK GIRL THOUGH.

Room Tip: For a good, safe feeling, room, check in to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here while travelling to get my son at a local college. This is an older motel in a relatively safe area, right next to plenty of dining and shopping options. It was easy to get to. We arrived late and the check in was fast and seamless. People were milling around outside their hotel rooms chatting. Lots of blue collar types - construction workers, utility workers, etc mixed in with some older couples. Not many families.

My first impression was the sidewalks and exterior walls were very dirty and needed a good power washing. I made a point of keeping my luggage away from the walls.

The room itself was newer, however, and looked like it had been remodeled in the past few years. Big flat screen tv. Faux granite vanity in the bathroom. Plush matresses with crisp clean sheets. Even though it had obviously been cleaned, there were some dirty areas.

The fridge had a thick layer of dust on it. The floor was somewhat grimy. The base moulding around the floor in the bathroom was nasty. It looked like things a higher end hotel with higher end clients probably wouldnt clean that often either, but with the kind of people at this motel I'm guessing they bring in a lot more dirt which is just harder to dig out. There were also stains in the toilet that may have been mineral stains but it just looked dirty to me. Odd because the outside of the toilet was perfect.

That said, the beds were clean and very comfortable, the ac worked great, there were plenty of channels on the tv. Some cleanliness issues aside, I was very happy considering the usual places we stay (holiday inn express) were double the price.

This is not a place I would go to for my vacation, but for a place to crash mid trip and if you need to save a few bucks and want something modern, this motel fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2013