“Pensacola Red Roof Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Pensacola
Mesa, AZ
“Pensacola Red Roof Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in January and had a most pleasant stay. Be sure to use the coupon that is available in the hotel coupon magazine. Very reasonably priced. Hotel staff was pleasant and room was clean.

Room Tip: We were next to the office.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jtipton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I am so glad that we were able to make your stay with us a comfortable and happy one. I hope you liked our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I will look into the wash cloth and wifi situation. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
J.Tipton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We frequently stay in Red Roof Inns because we travel with our dog. This hotel can compete with any of the big chain hotels. It was very updated, clean, HDTV flat screen. Good location and plenty of space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for our Red Roof Inn West Florida Hospital. We strive to make our guest happy and comfortable along with their four legged friends. Please, if your in the area again stop by and see us. Thanks again!
Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was extemely accommodating when we checked in as walk-ins around 8:30pm. They were also happy to let us stay an extra night. The room was clean and large, with a great work space. The staff was extraordinary. Close to lots of restaurants. Only downfalls were small towels and slow, spotty wifi. But we'd stay again and again!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
jtipton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review you sent to tripadvisor. We strive to please our guest. I will share this with my fellow team members. It is always nice to hear that they are doing a good job!

Kindest regards,
J.Tipton
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wonderful Red Roof Inn. The beds were so comfortable and that's what we want when coming in off a long trip---a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed.

There was a bit of round about way we had to take to get to the motel because when we exited of I-10 going east, it dumped us off in only one direction when we should have gone South on Plantation Rd, but once we made a U turn we were able to wind our way around to the motel. In other words, you could see the motel but wasn't sure how to get there!

Room Tip: No tip to add
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
jtipton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our Red Roof Inn West Florida hospital. I will be sure to share this with all the team members and let them know to keep up the good work. I do agree it can be tricky getting off on exit 13. Thank you again, it is nice to her such refreshing reviews.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a big disappointment. The front staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. They had no customer service skills. As I walked in the room there was a foul odor of smoke. Although it is a nob-smoking hotel it is not enforced. The room was dirty. Hair in the sink and behind the bowl. The comforter on the bed was stained. As I was checking out the housekeepers were smoking cigars and drinking beer--really! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED. Do not recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
jtipton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your stay with us at the Pensecola West Florida Hospital. I shall share your review with the staff so that they are aware of how their duties and actions affect our guest. I wll be looking into this, Again Please accept my apologies,

Kindest regards,
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I reserved a non-smoking ADA room with a roll-in shower through the Red Roof Inn website.

Front desk staffer--the same one for every day we stayed, Thurs-Sun--was a delightful and tremendously helpful woman. She was friendly and always cheerfully helped with whatever she could.

Sadly, she couldn't do much about the fact that the one available room we required in the hotel--the only open room with a roll-in shower--reeked of smoke. Nor could she do anything about the fact that our room cards kept demagnetising after an hour or so, except to simply re-magnetize the card every time we returned to the hotel. There's only so much that good customer service can do to counteract the physical limitations of the property.

The smoke smell gave me headaches and made it hard to sleep. It made everything I took into the room reek of smoke.

When I arrived home I had to launder absolutely everything that I could, shower, and leave my luggage and non-launderables that had been in the room outside to try to air out the smoke smell.

My eyes still hurt a day after arriving home and throwing out my contact lenses.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay. I have put the room, out of order, so we can eliminate the smoke smell. We also added a 2nd designated smoking area, outside, so we can enforce our 100% Non Smoking Policy in our Rooms.
We appreciate your business, and we hope you will come back to see us, on your next trip to Pensacola.

Marleen Jones
Kent, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I just stayed here one night before catching a plane early the next morning. My non-smoking room had a weird smokey smell to it, and the walls were seemed pretty thin (or the people one room over were extra loud).

Other than that, everything was fine. I was there as a female traveling by myself and I felt perfectly safe. The room was large and everything was clean. Definitely worth it for the price, but I'd probably more recommend it for quick stays or trips where you won't be spending a lot of time hanging out/relaxing in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you next time you visit Pensacola.
Marleen Jones