“"No worries" of uncleanness”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Pensacola, Florida
“"No worries" of uncleanness”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ended up going to this hotel after being Disgusted with the odor and filthyness of Baymont Inn & Suites around the corner.... I only wish Red Roof had at least A Continental Breakfast....otherwise great night of rest.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Queenly201035
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for the nice review on our hotel. We are getting renovated this fall, to become 100% non smoking. Please come back and see us, on your next visit to Pensacola.
Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. We appreciate your business!

Marleen Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed here in the past before with pets, so stopped in w/o pets. Not so great. No hair dryer in room. They want you to borrow it from office. Beds were clean and linens and towels newer, but rug was cut at door. Had a frig, but no micro. Shower wall in room 143 had scum and needs to be scrubbed!

Wifi weak and drops a lot. Flat screen was large, but very dark and all functions have been turned off. If you even open the safe, they ding your bill. While looking at the movies, we accidentally hit a wrong button and we charged $17.95 although they were nice & took it off our bill when we called.

This is a good stop, but even getting to the hotel is confusing. There are other hotels in the area that take pets.

Room Tip: Maybe a room closer to the office will have better wifi. Red roof now has newer hotels with indoo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred during your stay.

General Manager RRI Pensacola #083

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Micco, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were traveling in North Florida and needed to find a hotel that would accept our dog. We chose the Red Roof INN. From the beginning the staff was helpful and plesant, we were happy with our room, clean and neat. During our stay my husband became ill, as out of towners we were lost. The staff, especially Shirley,
not only gave us directions to the hospital, but had a staff member physcally take us there. We couldn't be more pleased, or thankful for this group of people. Great place to stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Can upgrade from advertised price, easily.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for the nice review on our hotel, and desk clerk, Shirley. We love having your dog! We are getting renovated this fall, to become 100% non smoking. Please come back and visit us, on your next visit to Pensacola. We appreciate your business!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is probably one of the nastiest hotels/motels I've ever stayed at and I've traveled all over the country. The exterior looks very run down and shady. The lobby was clean and neat, but the staff knew very little about the area and local attractions. When I first walked into the room itself, the exterior appearance didn't look bad (initially). Then I went to turn on the light over the bathroom sink and it didn't work. The fridge that came in the room barely cooled, and you couldn't hardly turn around in the tiny shower/toilet room. The maid service knocked on my door when I arrived to inform me that they had forgotten to stock my room with towels. I was just glad I didn't have to figure that out after I took a shower. When I turned the sheets down to go to sleep that night, I was absolutely disgusted in the stained brownish/yellowish mattress I was going to be sleeping on. Also I noticed a good amount of dirt under the bed.

According to my the hotel I was supposed to be staying in the nicest room they offered. That was a joke I guess. For this run down motel, the price should have been much lower. This motel needs more than a cosmetic makeover. It needs exterior improvements, new mattresses/bedding and a new cleaning service before they should be charging the rate they are charging. I've stayed in $50 dollar rooms in the past that were cleaner than this one. It's a good thing I spent most of the time at the beach and only one night at this motel. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another motel!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Pensacola. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. At Red Roof Inn, we strive to provide every customer with superior service. Therefore, your feedback is very important to us.

I want you to know we are working hard to address the issues that occurred during your stay. This fall we are getting a renovation that includes new beds, carpets, and drapes. We will be 100% non- smoking, after this renovation, so we invite you to come and stay with us again. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Junction City, Arkansas
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We loved the hotel. Great price, and just minutes from the Gulf. Very clean and quiet. Hope to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eddie G
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in mid-July while visiting our son, a graduate student at UWF. While the price was nice, we were disappointed not only in the quality of the room but in the general cleanliness of the hotel itself. The bedsheets were thin as were the towels. The sink faucet was loose and wiggled when turning on the water. The shower made a squealing noise when turned on. The bathroom was very small and cramped. This is a hotel with direct access to rooms from the exterior. The walkways and stairs were dirty. A piece of dental floss and a soggy tissue remained on the walkway during our entire stay. We won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Room is clean and well kept. Area is safe and there is a Waffle House and a shopping mall next door. A little far to Pensacola Beach (15 to 20 minutes driving) but it is really worth the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family