“Expected Cheap for the Money and Got it!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Birmingham, Alabama
“Expected Cheap for the Money and Got it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is probably one of the nastiest hotels/motels I've ever stayed at and I've traveled all over the country. The exterior looks very run down and shady. The lobby was clean and neat, but the staff knew very little about the area and local attractions. When I first walked into the room itself, the exterior appearance didn't look bad (initially). Then I went to turn on the light over the bathroom sink and it didn't work. The fridge that came in the room barely cooled, and you couldn't hardly turn around in the tiny shower/toilet room. The maid service knocked on my door when I arrived to inform me that they had forgotten to stock my room with towels. I was just glad I didn't have to figure that out after I took a shower. When I turned the sheets down to go to sleep that night, I was absolutely disgusted in the stained brownish/yellowish mattress I was going to be sleeping on. Also I noticed a good amount of dirt under the bed.

According to my the hotel I was supposed to be staying in the nicest room they offered. That was a joke I guess. For this run down motel, the price should have been much lower. This motel needs more than a cosmetic makeover. It needs exterior improvements, new mattresses/bedding and a new cleaning service before they should be charging the rate they are charging. I've stayed in $50 dollar rooms in the past that were cleaner than this one. It's a good thing I spent most of the time at the beach and only one night at this motel. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another motel!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Pensacola. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. At Red Roof Inn, we strive to provide every customer with superior service. Therefore, your feedback is very important to us.

I want you to know we are working hard to address the issues that occurred during your stay. This fall we are getting a renovation that includes new beds, carpets, and drapes. We will be 100% non- smoking, after this renovation, so we invite you to come and stay with us again. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Yours in Hospitality,
Marleen Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Junction City, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We loved the hotel. Great price, and just minutes from the Gulf. Very clean and quiet. Hope to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eddie G
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in mid-July while visiting our son, a graduate student at UWF. While the price was nice, we were disappointed not only in the quality of the room but in the general cleanliness of the hotel itself. The bedsheets were thin as were the towels. The sink faucet was loose and wiggled when turning on the water. The shower made a squealing noise when turned on. The bathroom was very small and cramped. This is a hotel with direct access to rooms from the exterior. The walkways and stairs were dirty. A piece of dental floss and a soggy tissue remained on the walkway during our entire stay. We won't be staying at this hotel again.

Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Room is clean and well kept. Area is safe and there is a Waffle House and a shopping mall next door. A little far to Pensacola Beach (15 to 20 minutes driving) but it is really worth the money.

Bentonville, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We reserved a handicap room, but we were given a non accessible room upon arrival. It was supposed to be nonsmoking, but it smelled horrible and the bathroom was so tiny that my son's wheelchair wouldnt even fit in the door. When we asked to be changed to an accessible room, they changed us, but it had only 1 bed in the room. They did not have cots to rent, even for an extra charge, so we had to go buy an air mattress. The bathroom was large and wheelchair accessible, but the built in shower bench was so far back away from the faucets that you could not reach them. There was not a place in the bathroom to set anything. Not even a little counter space at the sink. The sink was free standing and had no place to put a toothbrush, makeup etc... The shower had mold stains, the handrails were loose, the internet connection was very poor and the beds were uncomfortable. Sand got on the bathroom floor from our beach clothes and was still there AFTER the room had been cleaned. We paid for 3 adults to stay in the room, but had to ask for towels for the 3rd person all three days that we stayed. The location was fairly convenient to the beaches, but I expected a little more comfort for my money.

Port St. Joe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I normally like Red Roof Inns but not this one. I am a Red Club member and made the reservation online; they are normally a good value for a small business owner like me just stopping for a night of sleep between drives. But Room 118 had a musty smell and a lot of black midew around the edge of the tub. When I went to use the in-room coffee maker the old coffee pod from the previous guest hadn't been cleaned out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank surfernole
Northport, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel was great for the price. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Especially Ms. Shirley, when we arrived and received our first room, the smell was a little musty and had some sort of chemical scent. When i informed Ms. Shirley that the room had a funny scent, she immediately gave us another room. She later called just to check on us to make sure everything was o.k. My Husband and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple