“Not ready for guest”

Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not ready for guest”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travel to this area frequently with my family but I usually stay at another hotel. My relatives have stayed here before and suggested I try this place. It seems that the hotel is going through an extensive overhaul. But still has a lot to do for it to change my opinion about it. The lobby area was nice. Quick checkin, the girl at the front could have used a little personality but she was helpful. While walking to my room I noticed another room with the door open. They had fans running to I guess dry out the room. I had to turn the tv volume up so I couldn't hear it and eventually they were turned off. The room I stayed in was extremely small. Everything other than the bedding was old. It looked clean. Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night to "things" on my bed (disgusting) dialed the front desk and the guy must have ran to my room to check this out. I was told I couldn't get a refund but he immediately moved me to a larger room and looked extremely embarrassed and was very apologetic. I can't say the other room was nicer because again, everything is old. I couldn't sleep, even though this room didnt have any issues and I couldnt sleep the next night either stressing about the room. The breakfast was not the best. Nothing but pastries and junk breakfast which I wouldnt eat. The hotel did issue me a partial refund sent to my home and I have to say they did try to correct the problem. Since my family have stayed there before and didn't have any issues like this I might have to try them again but it's going to be a while before I can get over my ordeal.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are super small. I prefer the suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LornarDiaz
econolodgeinnpensaco, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback. We use all guest comments and opinions to help us improve. We have already apologized to you for failing to meet your expectations, but I want to take this opportunity to do that again. We are pleased to have been able to issue a partial refund as compensation for your unpleasant experience with us, and we challenge you to visit us again. We get better every day and welcome your return visit.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We pulled up to a building that looked to be new with a sign hanging out front that said "Now Open." Oh great," I said to my husband how bad can it be if it's new. We don't usually stay at lower end properties, but it was very late and we only wanted a bed for about 7 hours. I noticed when we checked out a sign that said they were renovating. That explained a lot. Obviously, they opened before they should have. The halls were dirty. Our room had new bedding and it was very comfortable. The walls were very marked up and dirty looking. Some built in shelves near the a/c unit couldn't be opened.The mirror had glazing missing and it looked to be about 20 years old. The Kleenex holder was old and rusty looking. Even the walls above the insert in the shower were dirty and scuffed. The a/c unit was fit in under some framing, but it was old and rusty. The wall behind the beds was mirrored and very pretty. This place could have been nice if only they had gotten ALL the old stuff out before
opening. I sure hope they plan on painting the rooms as the walls really were a mess. It just doesn't make sense that they would move stuff into rooms that they were planning on painting. It was all very confusing.

Room Tip: This is a no smoking hotel, but there was a nicotine stain on the sink in our room. If this happens...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
econolodgeinnpensaco, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that you experienced maintenance and housekeeping issues on your recent visit. We had some staffing troubles at that time, but we have corrected those and have carefully inspected all rooms, temporarily taking out of service any that don’t meet our standards. I’m very sorry that we fell short of your expectations in this case, and I encourage you to visit is again. We are improving every day.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

for a econo lodge, this one was very nice. room was clean and fresh. breakfast was good also. easy to get to from the interstate. close to cracker barrel if you need a good meal. checkin was good, as well as check out. would stay here again if the the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1872
Juniata, Nebraska
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in February. The front desk clerk came walking into our room twice, for no reason. When leaving to eat, the back hall had a sheet over a broken window. No security lock to get back into hotel. The halls smelled of bug spray. No WiFi service. We were told there was and the front desk lady said it was my fault. Wanted a receipt when checking out but was told they didn't do anything like that. Not a good place to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fasttalker1989
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to comments. We have experienced some maintenance issues in the past, but those have all been corrected now. We have also replaced and retrained the staff. In recent months, we have taken major steps to improve the property, as you will see if you visit us again. Our goal is to completely satisfy every customer, and I am sincerely sorry that we were unable to do that in your case. We’re getting better day by day.

Prescott, Arkansas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We just stopped for a night on our way through. Not the fanciest hotel but served it's purpose. Our room was very clean. Desk clerk was very friendly and got us some extra covers. Hotel is now an Econo Lodge so I am sure they will do some updating.

• Stayed August 2013
Pearl, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When booking a hotel for a trip for the girls, we were looking for something not too far from the beach, in a safe neighborhood, and wouldn't break the bank. This fit the bill okay. We paid 90 per night which is one of the best we found. The beach was a short drive and the area was well lit with other hotels and restaurant nearby. The staff seemed friendly enough. The downfalls: The room smelled a little mildewy upon arrival. It was very humid in the room and the sheets felt like some one had been there sweating. They were cold and clamy. A used washcloth was left in the shower. The "breakfast" consisted of dry cereal, muffins and maybe some biscuits and gravy... we were hoping for at least a waffle maker. The biggest peeve was when the phone rang at 3:30 in the morning with someone looking for vacancies... I thought the front desk was supposed to get that... how did someone directly dial a customer room? Very irritating. The room was very dated with a box tv and wall to wall mirrors above the headboards (very creepy) Overall not terrible... we weren't in the room much anyway but if you intend to spend anytime at all in your room or you are going for more than a couple of days... this isn't the best option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. Since your stay, we’ve taken big steps to improve the quality of our rooms and the property overall. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest, and for a time I do not believe we were always doing that. I hope you’ll visit us again and see how things are changing and improving. I look forward to welcoming you.

Tampa
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is in great need of repair. Our first room, the A/C was not working. The second room had such a strong chemical smell that it was overwhelming. The third room was okay except for the missing facet handle in the bathroom. The room was not very clean and looked quite worn. The bed was relatively comfortable. The night desk clerk was pleasant while the day clerk was unprofessional. Breakfast was sweet breads and more and more breads. It was overpriced for the amenities. The in-suite refrigerator's freezer was frozen shut. If you are stuck on the road and you just want a place to flop on a bed, even though it is overpriced, this is livable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the problems you encountered and for not responding sooner. It’s been several months since your stay, and we have made great strides in improving the facility in that time. I hope you will visit us again when in the area to see how we’ve changed and improved. We sincerely appreciate having you as a customer, and I’m very sorry we missed the mark a bit when serving you. Our goal is complete satisfaction for every customer, every time. Again, I apologize for any lapses.