“It's cheap enough and that was fine for me..”

The Lodge at Pensacola
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Boaz, Alabama, United States
“It's cheap enough and that was fine for me..”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were just looking for somewhere to stay. No fancy no expense. We wanted somewhere to stay cheap so we could afford the rest of our vacation. This isn't the best hotel, but it was good enough for us. I was very disappointed about the breakfast. There wasn't hardly anything on the menu unless you wanted cereal. The room smelled kind of old when we walked in but the room was nice. Our king room came with a couch which I wasn't expecting, but NO fridge/microwave/ or even hairdryer! Not far from the beach and it was right in town for food and such. They are building a kids r us right next to it so I def would want to come back then.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Amber,
Thank You for taking the time to leave a review of Econolodge. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the breakfast. We have added a variety of different options in hopes to have something that everyone can enjoy. We have microwaves and refrigerators for rent on a daily basis and while hairdryers are not in the rooms, they also are available at the front desk at no charge. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the nicest staff possible. They are super friendly and go above and beyond to accommodate. My husband and I stay there with regularity. Rooms are clean, hotel is right off interstate, mall and restaurants are next door and its about a 25 minute drive to Pensacola Beach.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JvanderGraf
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jessika,
I was delighted to read your kind review about our staff. We realize the number of options you have when looking for accommodations in the area and we very much appreciate your business. I have shared your comments with them. It is reviews such as yours that make their challenging jobs worth it.Thank You!
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked my rooms here because of having points saved up for staying in Comfort Suites. It is a little hard to find but once you find it you are good to go. The ladies working the desk was the nicest and house keeping as well. The room was so clean, very comfortable bed nice thick towels all around for the price I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank TDWoods
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Woods,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor reveiw regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2012

For a one-star hotel, I checked in with low expectations. I was utterly disappointed. The whole hotel is old and smells like a moldy basement. The room was gross...SMELLY and outdated. Every channel on the small box TV was fuzzy and HBO didn't even come in. The bathroom wasn't any better, small scratchy towels, CLOGGED sink drain, barely any toilet paper left. The smell in the room was strong and smelled like an old basement, no coffee for the coffee maker, paper thin walls and floors. People were banging around in the room above me all night. There were shady type people staying there & some using the place as a long term residence, the pool was a joke...it was just a horrible experience. And I'm pretty easy to please. NEVER will I stay there again. You've been warned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ItsLaurenBaby

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, there is no sign on the building stating the name of the place, when i got the, two guys tried to sell me a vaccum cleaner, they charge me an extra $25.00. Finally when i got to the room, ther was no paper in the room, no cups. After about 9 pm i went to the office to retreave those items. Ther where poeple just hanging out everywhere (ladies of the night). The room was shiftless (not clean) to my dogs standards. Bottom line, it my be a good place to open a homeless shelter.

Stayed October 2012
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel does not have any bells and whistles and it is not posh. However the room was clean, all the sheets and towels were white and smelled nice. It is fairly central in location and it is economical. The staff and the other guests were polite. That is all I need!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EMEasyRest, Owner at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. All of our sheets, linens and towels are relatively new (we change out sheets about every 3 months- which very few hotels do), and new towels are purchased constantly. Thank you for recognizing the comfort of the rooms, as this is something we constantly strive for. We have rooms that are comforted with items you would purchase for your home, which are generally of greater quality and comfort than standard hotel fare. Our staff is empowered to assist all our guests with their needs and making our guests stay as wonderful as possible is our number one goal. Thank you for seeing that our staff keeps customer service as their highest priority. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We continue to strive to make sure that our guests have a wonderful stay at an affordable cost. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Easy Rest Inn a few weeks ago and was pleased. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be terriffic. The hotel was busy because there was a beach festival going on at the time I was there. Even so, the room was quite and looked to be in good shape. The bathrooms were clean and looked like new. It looked very much like the pictures to be honest. I have stayed in fancier hotels, of course, but for the price and location this hotel, i believe, was a rare find. It is an older building, so it does give off that kind of a feel. But for a nice and quiet place to rest, I found it very acceptable and highly reccomend.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 105 on the ground floor. There was no highway noise and the room was clearly easil...