“Horrible Horrible Horrible”

The Lodge at Pensacola
Ranked #47 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed here on December 31,2011. I was on the third floor because we had a smoking room. They charged us a 25.00 dollar deposit which was not a problem for us to put up. The problem started several days later when we did not get our deposit back. I was told that the reason why they kept it was because i was trashed my room. If leaving five beer bottles on a counter and one wendys bag is trashing a room then im guilty. I can not believe that the maid would lie and stay that i would trash the place. I used to be a housekeeper and i would never do that. Need less to say Dont stay here they will take your deposit money.

Room Tip: Dont stay here they will take your money.
Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Rebekah N
EMEasyRest, Owner at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Customer feedback is an integral part of our process and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide an enjoyable, safe and comfortable place to stay at an affordable price. We certainly appreciate candid reviews and each comment we receive, whether good or bad is taken very seriously and acted upon immediately.

With that said, we are not willing to sit back and allow this person to make false statements about our hotel. The fact is that when the housekeeper entered the room to clean it, she stepped out to get the executive housekeeper so she could be a witness to the condition the guests left the room. There were beer bottles everywhere in the room including outside the window. The linen was ruined because it was burned with cigarettes or something. We found traces of illegal substances (which we are very strict not to allow in our hotel) all over the table. Our housekeepers filled two 55 gal bags full of trash from the room. Obviously this guest used our facility as a party room and not as a sleeping room.

It is not our policy to charge guests for no reason, and we would always prefer not to, as the amount of damage or less. However, in this case, there was excessive cleaning necessary and the room was not able to be rented for a few days because of the smell and mess leftThe time it took to clean the room and the damaged linen far exceeded the $25.00 the guest was charged.

It should be noted that the guest specifically states that her stay was fine. She had an issue with our charging her for execessive damage. To start the review with the title she chose, under these circumstances is not only unfair but quite misleading.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The walls are paper thin. Expect to hear loud highway noise all night long, and hope the people in the room above you are quiet. Tiles coming off the wall in the bathroom. Shower was dripping. Sheets stained. Hallway had damp, musty odor. Window-unit air conditioner in room didn't appear to work correctly. The staff were the best part of the experience--everyone smiling and very nice--though apparently our sign-in paperwork for lost and I am worried about us being charged twice. I understand the room was only $40; but for a hotel that was supposedly "just remodeled" this place was a dump. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank SusanPitman
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I booked a room at easy rest in the other night and i told them that i smoked so they put me on the third floor which was fine they gave me room 305 when i went in to that room i about fell over it stunk very bad of smoke and i dont know what else i was told that it was cleaned buy the head house keeper well i will tell you she needs to clean better and for the wifi they need to learn what wifi really is it sucks i would not stay here again and i would not tell anybody to stay here either bad motel/hotel

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank midnitez
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My 16 y/o daughter and myself were traveling from Tampa to Houston, so we needed a room halfway, which was Pensicola. I didn't want to spend much because literally all we needed was to lay our heads. The check in staff was very friendly. The hotel was not your average chain hotel. There was no elevator and we stayed on the 2nd floor, but not many steps to get to the 2nd floor. The beds were Queen size, with a simple, yet clean looking and smelling room. In fact, I smelled a hint of bleach which makes me happy. The beds had beautiful quilts for bedspreads instead of that yucky nylon bed spread like in other hotels.

There were definitely imperfections. The bathtub had stains on it's nonstick surface, but I could tell it was still clean. The floor looked like it could have been cleaner. The caulking could be replaced, and the fan in the bathroom, needed a new frame holding it on the ceiling. The room had a window unit, and you could see outside on one side where it should be sealed.

Other than that, we had nice pillows, a TV with cable (and HBO), free wireless, and coffee in the room. We only paid 32.00 so I did not expect much. For what we paid for, we got a deal. My GPS took us a very strange way to get there, so dont be confused if it seems like it is taking you in a round about way.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank SpillThWine
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at the Easy Rest Inn last week.   My experience was quite pleasant.  Rooms were quite and clean.   The staff is very friendly, especially Michelle who I think is the manager.  Bed was very comfortable and the room was a nice size.   I had a King Suite (was upgraded to this type of room without asking).   Since I am always working, I truly appreciated the 24 coffee service in the lobby and the in-room coffee as well.   It was too cold to use the pool, but it seemed nice and quite clean (the water was sparkling), though they had limited pool furniture outside (perhaps because of the poor weather).  The location was only a few miles from the airport and very near most of the restaurants, bars, etc.    I used the wireless internet extensively in my room and it worked very well.   Also enjoyed watching a few flicks on the free HBO. My only complaint is that the furniture, while in great condition, is kinda dated in terms of style. But everything was just fine.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My family and I have been at the Easy Rest Inn since mid September, as we look for a home. We checked many other hotels in the area, but the prices were not suitable for our family of 5. I feel safe here as they have 24hr front desk and security. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Generally when a place is this cheap, it's horrible, but the Easy Rest Inn is actually nice and they are continuing to improve ammenities. I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone that is looking for a nice place to stay,but at the same time affordable. The only thing I would suggest is putting kitchenettes in some of the rooms, which I am told they are working on.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are more quit as the even number face the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I have been staying at Easy Rest Inn for about 2 months now, so its safe to say we are having a positive experience. We were referred to the hotel because of its affordability, but didn't want to stay just anywhere since we knew we may be here a while. We were looking for a Home Away From Home that didn't equal renting a condo near the beach. We have stayed at 2 other hotels in Pensacola (my husband is working a contract job here). In comparison, they were more expensive, and felt less safe. Easy Rest is tucked away and it is peaceful enough to walk around the hotel. There is a dinner movie theater, restaurants, and a shopping center within walking distance. The rooms are clean, with microwaves and fridges available. It's pet friendly with a one time affordable pet fee, unlike many places that charge an arm and a leg extra. I also love how they respect my Do Not Disturb sign, so my 2 dogs don't bark, at the same time the housekeepers make sure we are taken care of. All of the staff have been polite and professional. We have and will continue to reccomend Easy Rest Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011