“Great Casual Steakhouse”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
tampa, fl
“Great Casual Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

After spending 8 hours driving and then moving my daughter into her college dorm, we were starving but not willing to get dressed up for a fancy Mother's Day Dinner. We decided to go to Logan's for a great tasting and filling dinner. This isn't Ruth Chris or Morton's but it is a fun laid back type of steakhouse, just love the peanuts with the shells thrown on the floor. I will say that the managers need to work on training their staff, from the hostess's to the server's, that was the main downfall for our meal. We checked in for 2 and requested a booth, they said it would be about 15 minutes and gave us a pager/beeper, after about 1/2 hour, we noticed newer people being seated at booths and went to see what happened. Someone had marked us as seated, despite not getting the pager back etc. We were then seated in about 5 minutes. It took some time for our waitress to come and get our drink orders and then again to get our food order. She seemed to know the table in front of us and took forever waiting on them.

I personally loved the flavor of the seasoning they add to their steaks, despite a previous reviewers opinion. I got the 12 oz. ribeye and it was well marbled and very tender and the seasoning just added to my enjoyment. My daughter got the smaller filet mignon and loved hers as well. I had the baked potato and salad, along with the yummy rolls for an overall casual and fun meal. To me, you get what you pay for and that is exactly what we received for the price.

• Visited May 2012

Quinton, Virginia
“Good restaurant for a moderate priced meal in a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Server was excellent; Logan's was running a "special" 4 course menu for only $11.99, but did not cut any corners on the food. Food was served piping hot. My business partner's steak needed a little more time on the grill to suit him, and the server took care of it immediately. Nice bar choices, good place for a group to "kick back" and have some fun after work. Good job!

• Visited November 2011
Brooklyn, New York
“Blah!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Wanted a steak and this was the only place close to my airport hotel. However, it was a mistake. The strip steak was mushy, the vegetables grossly overcooked, and the salad so-so. The bread was good, but that was it. Overall, it was blah, and I will not return again - go to Outback- much better quality.

• Visited June 2011