“Great place for a first date”

Jaco's Bayfront Bar & Grille
Ranked #8 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Laid-back spot offering American chow & tipples plus Sunday brunch in casual digs with marina views.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've heard mixed reviews about Jaco's, mostly regarding the food. It was recommended by 2 friends for a 1st date, & perfectly w/i walking distance to Palafox bars which we were going to later. I took a 1st date there the Sunday before Memorial Day, and in doing so realized how busy they were likely to be. We were quoted at least a 40 min wait, which was understandable, and quite alright considering the awesome view of the marina that is nicely lit at night. I'm not sure exactly how long the wait actually was, as I was not paying it close attention due to the good conversation and beers I enjoyed w/ my date. The ONLY CONCERN (&reason why I can't rate 5 stars) was the 15 min it took to get greeted. Granted, we had drinks on the table and were sat in a section with at least 2 different servers attending to nearby tables. Maybe we would've left if our date wasn't going so well.
Once we were greeted, the server and other girl in the section genuinely apologized, but didn't overdo it which can be annoying. Our server was Jamie, and he was completely professional- offering awesome suggestions that turned out perfectly. We had the antipasto platter 1st and it was phenomenal. Nicely cured meats with cheeses and toast points that were freshly grilled. We then had the Bibb wraps which were crisp, hot and nicely complemented with a nice sesame Thai chili sauce and mango salsa. Then we had the Tender Bleu salad and Margherita flatbread. The salad was cold, fresh and crisp and the steak cooked as ordered. The flatbread was the most surprising- how limp and weak such a thing could be, but it was flavorful, crispy and quite amazing. Jamie made the entire experience special, for good food alone does not a great dinner make. He was attentive, but unobtrusive- and didn't push dessert as it was clear we were full and couldn't finish everything. Even though it was so close to closing, we never felt rushed. PERFECT place for a romantic evening, despite the noise level and level of business!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My first time here was last year the day before I got married. It was great. The atmosphere and the service was second to none. The scenery was awesome and my waitress was so nice. My drinks were tasty. The ONLY problem I had with Jaccos was the dessert menu. I don't like chocolate nor key lime. I want cheesecake. I want creme Brule. I want lemon cake. Their dessert menu was extremely limited. Hopefully next time they will have a better selection.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

It has been years since I visited downtown Pensacola. I was very happy to see that revitalization is being done. My daughter took me to Jaco's Bayfront Bar and Grill, and I was very impressed. The view of the bay and marina was very relaxing on a beautiful, clear Florida day. We dined outside and were impressed with the service. (Our server was Colleen.) We ordered Beef Lettuce Wraps (the beef was tender and cooked just as requested) and Wild Mushroom Flatbread (yummy). I will definitely go again when I am in the area. It would be the perfect date/romantic spot.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is a very nice setting on the Marina for a restaurant. Food is pretty good, but our service really suffered. The restaurant was not full, but they were not overly attentive on the service side of things. We were flagging down service people to get more beverages or even to refill water glasses.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

After painstakingly reviewing all the Pensacola restaurant reviews, I decided that Jaco's would fit the bill.. affordable, decent food, friendly service and on the water. I'm glad I made this choice as they didn't disappoint in any of these categories. Regrettably, it was a windy, cool evening when my party arrived, so we opted to eat inside. This is the only downside to this restaurant. It is packed almost every night (they will take reservations for groups of 6 or more) which makes for a very loud dining experience. With everyone trying to yell to be heard, you can imagine the cacophony. So.... if it's a temperate evening, be sure to sit outside, even if you have to wait. With this being one of the few restaurants close to the water in Pensacola (not to be confused with Pensacola Beach) Jaco's is a great choice.