“Come for the Fried Chicken, stay for the sides.”

Five Sisters Blues Cafe
Ranked #9 of 683 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

"5 Sisters Blues Cafe" is located in the historic Belmont/DeVilliers part of Downtown Pensacola.

The first, and most important, thing I must point out is that the service is AH-MAZING! I have dined here, with different friends/family everytime, and the service is quite possibly the best in Pensacola. The staff has obviously been trained well, as the first thing they confirm at each table is whether or not you are a first time diner with them. The answer "yes" launches them into a brief description of the business and highlights of the menu. This serves not only as a conversation piece with you and your guest(s), but also elimates any irrelevant or pre-biased opinions you might have about the place.

The Fried Chicken speaks for itself; there is no need to deconstruct it here with fancy adjectives. All you need to know is that if at any point in your life, you have appreciated a little fried chicken, then simply order it and be prepared to never want any other chicken besides what you can get at Five Sisters.

The real highlight of Five Sisters is their side dishes. They look and taste as if they only employ retired Grandmother's. Even as a Big City Guy, the Red Beans and Okra are a must!

If live music, of the blues/jazz varietal, is your thing, than plan on swinging through on a Friday or Saturday night (around 8 PM till Late) and catch some free entertainment.

1  Thank Jarod K

Reviewed September 12, 2013

As soon as I had a bite of that warm roll I knew I was in for a treat and good food it was. The seafood basket w/grilled shrimps was served with pineapple coleslaw, which was delicious, hush puppies which were the best and french fries that were really good. Wish I would have had room for dessert. The service was also outstanding.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has good southern food and it is absolutely delicious. Not only that, one gets to listen to good blues music while he eats. Now life just doesn't get any better than that. I had the pot roast with two sides along with mint tea. Before my order came, the waiter brought out a roll that was very tasty. Then came my order. I ordered the yams and sweet potatoes as my two sides. They even kicked in a corn bread muffin with it. Man, was that ever good! And the mint tea was refreshing. The down side to the meal was that I ate so much that I didn't have room for one of their desserts. If the desserts are a reflection of the main course, it was my loss. This is a great place to eat.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We dined here on our last night of vacation in Pensacola. We chose this restaurant because of the great reviews. It was a little slow on the night we arrived so there wasn't any need for a reservation. We had fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, country fried steak, green beans, caesar salad, fried shrimp, and two desserts to go. We were a party of six so we had the opportunity to try quite a few things. The only thing that I didn't care for was the crab cakes on the sampler platter. If you like true southern food this is the place to go while visiting the Pensacola area. Everything we had was very good, and our waiter Oscar was excellent. Oh, and the sweet tea was the best we had while in Pensacola, and the Pensacola Beach area! Very reasonable as well, and great interior with a lot of awesome paintings to admire!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

i had shrimp, fried okra, sweet potato fries, cole slaw, my wife had waffles and chicken with collard greens and yeast rolls, service was great and the blues music was swell, one of the servers explained that the surviving sister is in her 90s and that their recipes are still the ones used, it is a favorite restaurant for our daughter and her husband, they live in navarre, we enjoyed being there