“Closed.”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Closed.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

They are closed. They use the traditional 35mm film, and it is too expensive to convert the equipment over. They have always been a great place To go with children, and I am glad we got one last visit in. We are very said to see this icon leave us

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lorzarn

Lakeland, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Diamond in the rough.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been here 2 times since moving to Pensacola. The first time it took about 2 minutes of driving around to find, the second time it was about 10 minutes. I really enjoy the reasonable ticket prices, especially since 3 and under us still free, and the option of drinking an adult beverage. There is a Strong greasy smell that permeates the building but after you're in for a few minutes it's not any more noticeable than if you were in any fast food restaurant. The restrooms were clean and so was the theater. There was a lot of space inside and I love that chairs and tables can move to accommodate any size group. Both movies I watched had small turnouts (Despicable Me 2 and The Conjuring) even though they were opening weekend.
Overall I highly recommend checking this place out. It's cheap entertainment for families and the movie times worked better for date nights as well.

Visited July 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A complete dump”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My feet stuck to the floor, theater had a terrible smell, and the people working the concession were clueless and slow. The concession stand was the worst part. I ran out during the movie to grab a drink, no one was in line, lobby was empty so it was fairly obvious I was in the middle of a movie. I order a Pepsi, seems simple right? The guy took forever to get the cup and put my drink in it, then proceeded to stand there and count the drawer BEFORE ringing me up. I should have just left the drink sitting there and went back to the movie. We only went to this particular theater because some of my friends wanted to drink alcohol while watching the movie. Not worth the buzz......

Visited June 2013
Pensacola, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Could Be So Much More!!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love independent businesses. I only patronize chains if a local business does not have what I want. The Silver Screen is a bit different.

Here is a place to order bar food and watch a movie. The number one thing that keeps this place going is the fair prices for their goods and services. Not all the food is worth bragging about, but in perspective, it's a good deal.

One thing I could not understand is why they spend money on the up keep of the exterior of the building, but don't seem to want to clean the interior where everyone is located.

The only thing I really had to mention to staff members was why the odor was so strong from the flooring and / or lack of good ventilation. There was a musty odor present. After some drinks, maybe you won't smell it as much. I don't know for sure.

As far as getting some value for your money, this is a fun place. The staff is cool and were always smiling.

Visited January 2013
Pensacola Beach, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nite at the movies”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Six friends went to see Identity Thief at the Silver Screen because we enjoy the casual atmosphere and availability of Adult Beverage. We all had a good time but found the actual theater we were in smelled like a moldy basement. Seats & tables were clean and comfortable.
Please fix the mold problem

Visited February 2013