“do not miss”

and up
Civil War Tour of Pensacola
Ranked #4 of 111 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best View in Town! Climb 177 steps up the historic Pensacola Lighthouse & Museum for one of the most beautiful views on the Gulf Coast. Built in 1859, the lighthouse is located on board NAS Pensacola.The top of the tower offers stunning views of Pensacola Pass (where Pensacola Bay meets the Gulf of Mexico), three forts, the Pensacola skyline and the historic Navy Yard. The fully restored Keepers' Quarters, built in 1869, is home to a museum and a gift shop. Visit this historic spot in America's First Settlement, established in 1559. Make a day of it and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum and Fort Barrancas while you're here. Our nature walk takes you to the white sands of beautiful quiet-water beach–a perfect beach for kids. Bring the family and a picnic lunch and stay a while. The Pensacola Lighthouse and museum is open 7 days/week. Special tours include Blue Angel practices, Light of the Moon and Ghost Hunts. Private tour and function times available as well.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

lived here all my life and this was my first trip. be prepared for a climb to the top, but well worth the effort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a special place, with the best views of anywhere in the area. It is special to us, as our daughter was married on the beach behind the lighthouse 3 years ago. Just beautiful there with the view straight out across the pass into the Gulf.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I went there and they charged us 5 dollars each to get in. WE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY , IT WAS FOR THE LIGHT HOUSE CLIMB. I had , had hip surgery and no way did I intend to do it. My wife had to take off her sandals and go up BAREFOOT on metal steps. Needless to say she never made it.
Wave as you drive by it to the Museum

3  Thank pinksand1
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Everyone should stop and take a look at this lighthouse. Very beautiful and well worth it!! :)

Reviewed June 4, 2012

It's hot in the tower and costs $5 to climb to the top, but it's worth it. Wear tennis shoes - if you're wearing flip flops they make you leave your flip flops at the bottom and climb the 177 stairs barefoot. Very creepy, rumored to be haunted. The Ghost Hunters have investigated here before. I had a fully charged camera before climbing, but by the time we reached the top the battery was almost dead. I was sad because I only climbed to the top to take pictures and only got a few shots before the battery completely died. You know what they say about spirits draining batteries of electronics to try to manifest themselves... spooky!!