“We got the comfort food we wanted”

New Yorker Deli & Pizzeria
Ranked #46 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Pleasant, small, home style place in an older building. After a long day of driving, we just wanted a simple, basic meal. He had spaghetti with meat sauce that was better than average. I had something new: spinach and walnut ravioli in marinara sauce. It was tasty and different and filled the bill. We did not try any of the 'deli' type foods. So our meals satisfied but were not too special or gourmet.
We saw a lot of different pasta salads in the case - apparently they sell food to go too.

There are newer reviews for New Yorker Deli & Pizzeria

Reviewed December 21, 2013

December 2013. Evening.
Small parking lot, but somebody designed the lot to fit as many as possible without being too close. Same for inside seating. You will be close with just enough room for the wait staff to squeeze through without bumping.
We may have arrived as the evening meal crowd was finishing. When we walked in there was one table available, but in 15 minutes there were 4 open tables. During our meal the staff was efficiently handling service at the doorway counter, clearing and cleaning tables, and welcoming, seating and taking orders of new customers. It was busy but not frantic.
The décor is old time deli - black and white checker floor tile, drab walls with photos, posters and product advertisement - small square tables with simple chairs like in the old movies, but tables and chairs are sturdy and just the right size to contain a meal.
Sociable and attentive staff add to the atmosphere of this place.
Portions are of good size for the price. Quality is excellent.
Corner of Pickens Ave and Route 90/Scenic Drive; near where 90/Scenic Drive changes between 4 lanes and 3 lanes as it makes a bend. This is the area where 90/Scenic Drive changes its name to East Cervantes. If you are not familiar with this area you maybe too busy watching traffic changing lanes. It is worth it to turn around and keep looking for the restaurant.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Neighborhoon deli for years. Bet sandwiches, pasta salads and cheese cake.

Beer and wiwnde good selection and good prices.

Service is off the chart even when crowded.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to this deli for lunch with friends during my trip. When we arrived, the restaurant was packed, which was said to be the norm. We had an EXCELLENT waiter; he was inviting, knowledgeable, funny, and attentive, which are qualities that great restaurants look for in their employees. I had the soup (beer cheese) and half sandwich (roast beef) for my meal. They were both just okay in my opinion, however, by the end of the evening I was running a 102 degree fever, so that may have affected my taste for lunch, as i wasn't feeling 100%. My friend (a resident of Pensacola) has said that she has never had something that she hasn't liked. This must be true, because the place was booming with locals. The atmosphere was great- super cozy and very inviting, with two rooms and outside seating, wall art, and personal touches throughout. I think the best part was the dessert, which I was told was a must. between my friends and I, we tried the carrot cake, bread pudding, and pumpkin cheesecake. All were phenomenal (though I was partial to the carrot cake)! Overall, this was a great choice for lunch.

1  Thank Lacy M
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Small place, superb food. Had a great Ruben (choice of corned beef, pastrami or something else...) and the kids and adults alike enjoyed the Pizza. Prices were _very_ reasonable and service was pretty good.

The star in my opinion was the 3 salad plate. With a choice from about a dozen prepared salads, you'll find something you like and the quantity was sufficient that two could share.

We had the Bruschetta - Topping was incredibly good, although it was served on bread rather than toast or crustini.