Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Crestview, United States
“Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was our 36th wedding anniversary and they upgraded us to a junior suite, gave us a gift bag of snacks and left a personalized note in our room congratulating us on our anniversary. These nice gestures were unexpected and made the stay that much more special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love staying at the Hilton Garden Inns, especially since I am a Diamond level, but in Pensacola, Diamond level and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbaucks down the road. I usually get the complementary breakfast as a Diamond level...not in Pensacola. You usually get complementary bottled water and a snack choice of you are Diamond level......not in Pensacola. I wanted Embassy suites in Miramar but they were booked solid. Next time I would go for a Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn Suites rather than the Hiton Garden Inn in the Pensacola area.

Room Tip: Hilton Garden Inns is usually top notch, but not in Pensacola. Cheaper hotels nearby will save you m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I thought the hotel was ok until I found a dead roach in my bed!!!!!!!! This is a deal breaker for me. The staff was also very lacking in the general helpful Hilton way. I did not order room service or eat at the hotel. Thank God. I would have demanded a full refund.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Traveler,

I am disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusal and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for it. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused you and have refunded you for your stay. If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me at any time and I will be happy to assist you.

Dick Tanner
Brookhaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The stay was great. Beds could of been a little more comfortable but overall great stay. The restaurant inside the hotel was also great. We had breakfast there on our last day and was really good. It was a short drive to the beach but still just right.

• Stayed August 2013
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed one night, 8/2/13, on a 2-day "staycation" to Pensacola from Mobile:

Pros: easy to find, beautiful hotel inside and out, everything as pictured, spacious and well-decorated lobby, fast check-in (I forgot about the cookies, front desk didn't mention them either), clean room but it had a bit of a musty smell to it from the carpet, comfy beds, a/c worked great, lots of receptacles for charging electronics, plenty of channels on the tv, clean bathroom, clean pool (3.5-5ft deep), fitness room was very nice, courteous staff, fast check-out, nearby to all activities we had planned.

Cons: the musty smell from the carpet, mini-fridge was turned to the lowest (barely on) setting upon arrival and we had some cold items to put in it, our room must have been next to some kind of electrical/machinery closet because there was a constant loud humming sound (5th floor), no complimentary breakfast.

The biggest problem I had was a text nofitication from my bank at around 8:30am that there was an additional $87 charge to my card from the Hilton. I immediately called the front desk about it. The lady I spoke to was nice and courteous, and asked me if I'd eaten dinner there the previous night. I told her no. She then asked me to hold while she looked into it further. Turned out to be another guest giving the wrong room number to charge for dinner at the grill. I was pissed off that all you have to do is give them a room number to charge a meal and they don't verify it ahead of time, unlike other hotels I've stayed at before. The situation was remedied but made me wary of staying here again.

Overall though, we did enjoy our stay and had a good, clean, comfortable night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LSpivey
Starkville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was great. My room was very neat and clean. The dynamics of the whole hotel was great and I loved the overall theme of the decorations. It felt real cozy and comfortable. I will most definitely stay again here if i'm ever back in Pensacola, Fl.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

you will not miss the beach! great hotel - beautiful pool and spa. fitness facility also very nice. food and staff all great. easy access to everything. feels like a brand new hotel - they actually read your wants and needs list on your reservation! never happens!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family