“A bit pricey...for our taste”

Bonelli's Cafe Italia
Ranked #42 of 683 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Really quaint place and nice people! I did find the appetizer portions were quite small for the price...to qualify, we came in for a light supper of appetizers and spent $40 for 3 small plates, one of which we mostly wasted.. The meatballs were fabulous, but for the price I thought there would be more. Wasnt a fan of the mushroom appetizer. It was not what I was expecting....they tasted canned:(

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Small mom and pop Italian restaurant! Everything was very fresh, from the salad to the pasta! We enjoyed the Neopolitan for an appetizer which was fresh bread with three dipping options: olive oil sauce, alfredo, and a red sauce. So yummy! My husband had the lasagna and didn't leave a bite on his plate! I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken parmesan! Very heavy but very delicious! Great service at this small family owned restaurant!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Bonelli's is an authentic Italian restaurant with a family atmosphere. After going a few times everyone seems to know your name. I had the best Italian Meatball Grinder this week I have ever had. The portion was huge and the price was right.

1  Thank 2dreamproductions
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I am one of those picky italians that likes my italian food a very specific way. Bonelli's delivers. Yum...no wait...double YUM! There were six of us that dined here on a Tuesday night. The place was pretty empty. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is great! The red sauce is a little spicey and thick, just like sauce is supposed to be. I hate watery red sauce. Pasta was al dente. No mushy noodles here! The meatballs were delicious. Several people in our party had dishes with Italian sausage and agreed it was very good. We had a melange of desserts. The Italian cream is citrusy and light. It's like a cross between a custard an bread pudding consistency. Very refreshing. The cheesecake and semi-fredo were divine as well. The limoncello was a little sweet for my taste. Bonelli's makes theirs to pour over pound cake so I think it's better served in this respect than for sipping purposes. The bread that the entrees were served with is my only criticism. It was rather unremarkable compared to the rest of the meal.

1  Thank BrittaniMV
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The food was hot however did not taste fresh as they claimed. They use Kraft commercial Parmesan instead of Parmigiano Reggiano. I observed the waitress preparing our salads with her fingers, that turned me off, why she didn't use a utensil is beyond me. I might go back and try the pizza, maybe the 2nd time around will change my mind.