“Always solid.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #45 of 659 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mellow Mushroom is the place for the best hand tossed pizza and calzones in the Southeast! All of our products are made fresh to order with our natural springwater dough, and it's hearth baked, like pizza's supposed to be!
Pensacola, Florida
“Always solid.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My personal favorite pizza in pensacola. Is it the best pizza ever? No, not close. It is solid though. Consistent as well. Great beer selection. Ashley is an awesome bartender and I call her the "beer whisperer". Salads are some of the best I've had locally. Menu standouts for me include :
Pizza : Maui Waui
Sandwich : Jerk chicken hoagie (Get it on pita bread! Trust me!)
Salad : The Brutus

Easy to recommend this place!

1 Thank theto3

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great food, love the place, the staff was very friendly and sweet. The food was fresh and oh so good. Every item we ordered was delicious. We had an appetizer, ordered a mushroom soup and pizza. We loved the decor and bright colors. Definitely will revisit when I'm back in Pensacola.

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great Beer Selection & Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Now I consider myself an O'Zones guy when It comes to pizza in Pensacola but I have to say, the last few times I have been to the Mellow Mushroom their pies have been better and better each time.

I use to visit Mellow Mushroom just for their outstanding beer selection, though now I have been ordering their House Specialty pizza on each of my last two visits. Which is a version of a meat lovers style pie. Loads of great toppings.

Firstly, the service has always been very good and the waitress/bar tenders I have had are knowledgeable about the beers (if not they will ask and get you the information) and I have never been upset with any of the service I have received here.

The small pizzas are usually enough to fill me up as they have four slices, but they are big slices for a small pizza.

This is quickly becoming one of my new favourite spots in Pensacola. It can be very crowded on weekends at night so if you are not in the mood for waiting, I would suggest try it again on another night.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food, great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've enjoyed every Mellow Mushroom I've visited, but I especially love Pensacola's location. I've gone with my family a few times and with my friends many, many times. We especially enjoy Wednesday night trivia. The wait staff is friendly. The bartender is great, and the trivia guy is too! The pizza is some of the best I've had, and the pretzels are amazing.

Pensacola, Florida
“Great Food, Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I love Mellow Mushroom. Excellent salads, pizzas, sandwiches. Some of the selections are little outside the normal, which is good. The portobello rueben is very tasty as is the spinach salad. The pizzas (I prefer thin crust) are excellent. Lots of tasty choices. Service is always very good to excellent; the wait staff is friendly and helpful. I like the atmosphere, casual and a little quirky. Very family friendly, large selections of beer. What's not to like? Definitely worth the stop.

• Visited March 2014