“EXCELLENT SUSHI!!”

Ranked #121 of 679 Restaurants in Pensacola
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for many years and not only is the food the best sushi around but It is consistent. Never have I ever gotten bad service or bad food. It's a 40 min drive for me but well worth it for great food!! Keep up the good work guys!!

2  Thank cosmogirl145

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We're sushi people, we love sushi. When we first got here in Pensacola my husband first question was where's the best sushi place in town. His brother's fiancee introduce Ichiban to us, they are not really fond of sushi but she said she heard a lot of great things about the place. Look it up on tripadvisor and saw some good reviews, I expected a lot already since it was very well reviewed. When we got there it wasn't really the best location but I don't mind cause I'm all about the food. Ordered some usual sushis we like. Orders came and the slices were a little bit big. What I wasn't really fond of was when I tried to pick it up with a chopstick it collapse, I thought at first well it might just be this one, but tried every single one and it happened again and so as the food of my companions. The taste was ok, but was really disappointed. I was just expecting too much. Hopefully it didn't happen to everyone. Also we'll try some other sushi place who knows they might be better.

2  Thank Nhodz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews and in mood for some great sushi, elected to check this place out.
Arrived on Monday evening around 8. Restaurant was fairly busy with approx 25-30 patrons.
Atmosphere is relaxed but very nice. Clean, well appointed, music in background. Great for easy conversation.

With a very generous selection of menu items and a plethora of rolls to choose from, I elected to try the Geisha roll and RedTiger roll. Both were very good with fresh ingredients.

From a pricing standpoint, rolls priced from $5-15. Also available are dinner plates $12-15, and a lunch menu $4-15.

Would highly recommended trying. I will definitely be returning here on my next trip to Pensacola.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Kate and I stopped at Ichiban with friends for a quick, light meal on the way out for the evening. The avocado heaven appetizer was an interesting concoction of avocado, mayonnaise, shrimp bits and some other ingredients that were baked and then stuffed back into an avocado shell for scooping onto rice crackers. It was good but probably not something we would order again.

The hurricane roll was tasty, but came in enormous sized pieces that weren’t really edible without cutting into smaller pieces.

The volcano roll was also tasty and spicy, but overly dressed in a shrimp sauce.

Neither were off the charts and we would probably try a different sushi restaurant the next time we are looking for sushi in Pensacola.

1  Thank ChrisKate2012
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is by far my favorite sushi restaurant in Pensacola. For some reason, this town puts a lot of mayo and/or cream cheese in every roll, which I do not like, but Ichiban has many rolls without. Also, like other sushi restaurants in this town, the sushi can be pricey. The special chef rolls are amazing, and the tuna tartare is my favorite item on the menu. The service is always above average. I highly recommend.