“Fun for the little ones”
Review of The Oar House

The Oar House
Ranked #14 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We enjoyed the food, and having a restaurant that is kid friendly where kids can play in the sand and have kid-friendly meals is really important when adults don't want to cook and want to eat outside.

1  Thank lltpt

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A family favorite. Always crowded on weekends in the summer. Open air by the water. Food is excellent and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Atl2fla
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lunch at the Oar house on a sunny day. We got there at 11:15 to snag a seat by the railing overlooking the water. Service was fast and attentive. Husband got the Forklift sandwich and I got the Baja Fish Taco. His sandwich was wonderful and serving size was perfect. I was disappointed in my fish taco. It was just plain burrito wrap and a piece of fried fish. It needed tomatoes , lettuce, chopped onions, peppers, something? to make it pop. I had to put my coleslaw on it to dress it up. I did get a selection of sauces to put on it but the Baja sauce was too spicy for me. The black eye peas were just o.k.. We both loved the french fries- good flavor and served hot.
Husband goes frequently and says you just have to look around and choose wisely.
this is a very casual outdoor place to eat with no A/C so dress accordingly.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had lunch today overlooking Bayou Chico, balmy breezes at this perfect time of year for Pensacola. Attentive wait staff exudes casual professionalism. The atmosphere is great, and the food choices are extensive. My wife and I both chose shrimp and oyster Po-Boys after the waiter assured me that the french bread was Gambino's from New Orleans. I'm used to N.O Poboys, having been born and raised there, and, sad to say, Oar House versions just don't make the cut. Poboys are a happy combination of a "crusty" light Gambino's bread and proper ingredients. If the bread isn't crusty, it's a nice sandwich, but not a PoBoy. It may be that travel doesn't help "crustiness". Or maybe, the Oar House could "crust" the bread in an oven.
Other than that, we had a great time.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a comfortable fun atmosphere! The service was very good in this casual, island like surroundings. Our group of 4 had a wide variety from wings to crab sandwich to fish sandwich to fried oysters n shrimp. All dishes were very good but the fried oysters n shrimp were excellent. Drinks were well poured and reasonable. Oh, and the view was outstanding. All and all a good value