Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great HIE quality, greeted with choice of snacks and water bottle as we were Priority Club guests. Just back off the highway so the rooms were quiet; though the guests using the hot tub late at night were noisy. Large room with work desk, easy chair, bright lighting. A bit away from a newly renovated downtown area, but easy to get to. Nearby Wal-Mart handy for those items we forgot to pack, and needed on the rest of the trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on south are away from the pool and hot tub area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express! We hope to see you next time you are in the Pensacola area. Maybe you will be here during a gallery night to see downtown Pensacola at its best!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice hotel. We were in town for my sons regional golf tournament. The team stayed here. Great location to the base. About 15 minutes from mall and restaurants. Area of town is not the best but hotel self safe and secure. Breakfast is not bad and nice its included. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. All in all a nice place to stay for this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! We always enjoy housing the high school golf tournament players. We hope to see you and your team again next year!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I like staying at the Holiday Inn brand while I am traveling on business and this hotel is a good example why. The free breakfast is good, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. They have a nice pool, hot tub and excersize room. One nice feature I had never seen before at Holiday Inn are electric chairs installed at both the pool and hot tub that can lower or raise someone in and out of the water. A great feature for anyone needing that help.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. The new handicap pool lifts are being installed nation wide and should be of great assistance to those in need! Thank you for noticing and choosing Holiday Inn when you travel.

~ Chrystale

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked via priceline, the deal was ok', I was expecting a better location for a Holiday Inn,the area is kind of creepy.
The receptionist was very nice, friendly and helpful with us, so cheers for her, lobby atmosphere is inviting, and apparently clean.
Room was clean when we arrived,bed were done everyday, room overall clean organized , but after the 2nd day we notice the bathroom wasn't clean as the rest of the room, we never complain about it, but didn't like it,pillows are to soft for me, hubby like them.
We had a suite (2 doubles and a sofa bed) and the housekeeper left toiletries and towels just for 2-3 people and we were 5, I understand they don't know how many we were but if you have 2 doubles and a sofa bed and you make them everyday, must have a guess of how many are staying, we call front desk every night to ask for extra towels, once they brought them to my room in less than 10 minutes, the next 2 days we pick them up.
Breakfast was ok' scrambled eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage,(one or the other) and everyday pastries,pancakes, cereal,cinnamon rolls,muffins, yogurt, milk coffee, I was specting fresh fruit but there wasn't any during my stay.
I didn't like the scrambled eggs I found them gross, but maybe you disagree with me so try them, my kids really loved the pancake machine and cinnamon rolls, and I'm picky with my coffee,usually I don't drink coffee from the hotel I'm staying, and I can say their coffee is more than acceptable.
2 ladies are in charge the breakfast area, one is very nice and friendly and the other one is rude, I was going to get bacon one day and she closed the "door" on me in the rudest manner because she was going to change the gravy tray, I mean at least say excuse me, plus she got mad for any reason, maybe she had a bad day, but I can say the breakfast area was very clean, small for the amount of people , but clean.
We were 5, 2 teens, a 10 year old boy, hubby and I.
Nice staff,overall clean, nice friendly hotel.

1  Thank irrome

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for letting me know about the toiletry issue. I will let my staff know to leave extra if the pull out bed is being used each day. We use user review like this to make our staff better!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is located REALLY close to the NAS which is exactly what we needed. If you know much about Military bases, they are not always in the best part of town. Pensacola was no exception. It’s not terrible but it’s a bit of a shady area. THIS hotel is a Oasis in that area. You go a block or two either way and it’s not so nice. We had to go down for a wedding (My daughter and a navy boy). I booked the room with points. Well the date changed a week before we were to arrive and the CC company was being stupid about simply switching the dates. They wanted to hit me with fee's n stuff and it darned near was gonna cost me more after the fees. I called the hotel and Carlie heard my sad story about the CC company and points. She could not change the reservation easily due to policy. She said she would call the CC company and see what she could do on their end (after I had failed). Ten Minutes later she called me back with excellent news! She got it switched with no fees and no problems!!! They get 5 stars for customer service for that one! We arrived really late in the am and the gal that greeted us was ALL SMILES! She was chipper and informative. She got me my room keys and info fast so we could crash. Another 5 stars! The Breakfast spread in the mornings was really good. It’s not the biggest breakfast you will ever have but it had a LOT of selections. Food was fresh and satisfying. The dining room was kept clean too. 5 more stars! Our room was a roomy 2 double bed room. It did not have any odd odors or funkiness. It was clean. 5 More Stars!!! IN searching for a nice place to stay in Pensacola that was near the NAS I looked at many places and most of them looked questionable at best. This place fit the bill perfectly, they had clean rooms and the BEST in customer service. I would easily stay at this place again. Book with Confidence. The people that run this hotel REALLY DO CARE and it shows!
We were there on travel dates from 8/8/2013 thru 8/10/2013

I rate this so high not because I think its the Woldof Astoria, but because for the area I did not expect much. The room, building and staff all exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Wow. Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay! We strive for every guest to leave wanting to come back and we love hearing when a guest is this pleased with their stay. We would love to see you again if your son-in-law ends up at Pensacola NAS again!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My fiance and I grabbed this room on Priceline for a last minute overnighter to Pensacola Beach. The Priceline deal was not that great. Our room had a view of a pool and also a mobile home. The carpet was oddly sticky and it smelled pretty strange in the room. Bed was average. Staff was nice. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. Priceline and all other third party websites that book for us take the rate that we offer and add their fees causing the room cost to usually be higher than booking directly with the hotel. I apologize for the sticky carpet; next time if there are any problems with your rooms please notify the front desk. It takes no time at all to move you to a room that better suits your needs.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and overall it is a nice hotel. We were upgraded upon checking in. Thank you. Breakfast was nice, the area was clean, the usual fare of muffins, pancakes, eggs, bacon,cereal and fruit. Room was very clean and spacious. Only complaint I have is how dirty the carpet in the hallways were. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting NAS Pensacola. Staff was very nice and friendly and I was greeted as a Priority Club member. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Book early for a better price. You will have to pay in advance, but it was $30 cheaper.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpresspensacola, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Our carpets are being cleaned this week so when you come back we can earn a 5 star review!

Autumn