“Not the best area,but nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Not the best area,but nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked via priceline, the deal was ok', I was expecting a better location for a Holiday Inn,the area is kind of creepy.
The receptionist was very nice, friendly and helpful with us, so cheers for her, lobby atmosphere is inviting, and apparently clean.
Room was clean when we arrived,bed were done everyday, room overall clean organized , but after the 2nd day we notice the bathroom wasn't clean as the rest of the room, we never complain about it, but didn't like it,pillows are to soft for me, hubby like them.
We had a suite (2 doubles and a sofa bed) and the housekeeper left toiletries and towels just for 2-3 people and we were 5, I understand they don't know how many we were but if you have 2 doubles and a sofa bed and you make them everyday, must have a guess of how many are staying, we call front desk every night to ask for extra towels, once they brought them to my room in less than 10 minutes, the next 2 days we pick them up.
Breakfast was ok' scrambled eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage,(one or the other) and everyday pastries,pancakes, cereal,cinnamon rolls,muffins, yogurt, milk coffee, I was specting fresh fruit but there wasn't any during my stay.
I didn't like the scrambled eggs I found them gross, but maybe you disagree with me so try them, my kids really loved the pancake machine and cinnamon rolls, and I'm picky with my coffee,usually I don't drink coffee from the hotel I'm staying, and I can say their coffee is more than acceptable.
2 ladies are in charge the breakfast area, one is very nice and friendly and the other one is rude, I was going to get bacon one day and she closed the "door" on me in the rudest manner because she was going to change the gravy tray, I mean at least say excuse me, plus she got mad for any reason, maybe she had a bad day, but I can say the breakfast area was very clean, small for the amount of people , but clean.
We were 5, 2 teens, a 10 year old boy, hubby and I.
Nice staff,overall clean, nice friendly hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank irrome
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for letting me know about the toiletry issue. I will let my staff know to leave extra if the pull out bed is being used each day. We use user review like this to make our staff better!

~Chrystale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is located REALLY close to the NAS which is exactly what we needed. If you know much about Military bases, they are not always in the best part of town. Pensacola was no exception. It’s not terrible but it’s a bit of a shady area. THIS hotel is a Oasis in that area. You go a block or two either way and it’s not so nice. We had to go down for a wedding (My daughter and a navy boy). I booked the room with points. Well the date changed a week before we were to arrive and the CC company was being stupid about simply switching the dates. They wanted to hit me with fee's n stuff and it darned near was gonna cost me more after the fees. I called the hotel and Carlie heard my sad story about the CC company and points. She could not change the reservation easily due to policy. She said she would call the CC company and see what she could do on their end (after I had failed). Ten Minutes later she called me back with excellent news! She got it switched with no fees and no problems!!! They get 5 stars for customer service for that one! We arrived really late in the am and the gal that greeted us was ALL SMILES! She was chipper and informative. She got me my room keys and info fast so we could crash. Another 5 stars! The Breakfast spread in the mornings was really good. It’s not the biggest breakfast you will ever have but it had a LOT of selections. Food was fresh and satisfying. The dining room was kept clean too. 5 more stars! Our room was a roomy 2 double bed room. It did not have any odd odors or funkiness. It was clean. 5 More Stars!!! IN searching for a nice place to stay in Pensacola that was near the NAS I looked at many places and most of them looked questionable at best. This place fit the bill perfectly, they had clean rooms and the BEST in customer service. I would easily stay at this place again. Book with Confidence. The people that run this hotel REALLY DO CARE and it shows!
We were there on travel dates from 8/8/2013 thru 8/10/2013

I rate this so high not because I think its the Woldof Astoria, but because for the area I did not expect much. The room, building and staff all exceeded my expectations.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow. Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay! We strive for every guest to leave wanting to come back and we love hearing when a guest is this pleased with their stay. We would love to see you again if your son-in-law ends up at Pensacola NAS again!

~Chrystale
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My fiance and I grabbed this room on Priceline for a last minute overnighter to Pensacola Beach. The Priceline deal was not that great. Our room had a view of a pool and also a mobile home. The carpet was oddly sticky and it smelled pretty strange in the room. Bed was average. Staff was nice. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. Priceline and all other third party websites that book for us take the rate that we offer and add their fees causing the room cost to usually be higher than booking directly with the hotel. I apologize for the sticky carpet; next time if there are any problems with your rooms please notify the front desk. It takes no time at all to move you to a room that better suits your needs.
the midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and overall it is a nice hotel. We were upgraded upon checking in. Thank you. Breakfast was nice, the area was clean, the usual fare of muffins, pancakes, eggs, bacon,cereal and fruit. Room was very clean and spacious. Only complaint I have is how dirty the carpet in the hallways were. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting NAS Pensacola. Staff was very nice and friendly and I was greeted as a Priority Club member. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Book early for a better price. You will have to pay in advance, but it was $30 cheaper.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiexpresspensacola, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Our carpets are being cleaned this week so when you come back we can earn a 5 star review!

Autumn
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at the hotel this past week. Breakfast was great and the room was very clean & comfortable. We chose this hotel because of its close location to the NAS, and downtown Pensacola. Having the luggage carts helped a great deal because we were on the third floor.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We hope that next time you are visiting NAS that you decide to stay with us again.

Chrystale
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

i stayed here when i came to visit pensacola beach with my family. we booked our room in May and when we arrived we had been upgraded free of charge for booking so early! every staff member we saw smiled and was so nice to me and my kids. we are already planning our trip for next year!

hiexpresspensacola, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to you and your kids staying again next year!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

my wife and i came to visit my family here in pensacola. this hotel helped us out alot after we arrived with extending our stay even though we didnt have reservations! everyone on the desk was great. it was the perfect location and had plenty of places to eat around.

Thank you for staying with us. If you are back in the Pensacola area, keep us in mind!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 63 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Address: 307 New Warrington Road, Pensacola, FL 32506-5854
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Pensacola
#2 Green Hotel in Pensacola
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Pensacola-Navy Base is located only 2 miles from Pensacola Naval Air Station and Museum. The hotel is also close to nearby beaches such as Pensacola Beach, Johnsons Beach and Perdido Key. The hotel is convenient to downtown and only 15 minutes from Pensacola Regional Airport. The property offers 73 guest rooms that includes 28 spacious suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base