“Quiet, Great People, Great service and that was a suprise to me!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Quiet, Great People, Great service and that was a suprise to me!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for visiting families for the Naval train facility plus the staff is superb and very acomadating. We had a great stay and we were quite suprised on the quality of the hotel. We are used to upper tier hotels when we travel, usually suites or somthing. Needless to say I would stay at this hotel again, and to those who like those breakfast, this one was not dissappointing at all, pancakes, eggs, bisquets, awsome!! We were pleasantly suprised and will be staying with the Holiday Inn chain in the future. :-)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
everywhere
Reviewed February 26, 2012

At the time we booked this place, it was roughly $70 per night. We stayed here for one night and were happy with the cleanliness of the place and the friendliness of the staff. The hot breakfast was also nice. For those that like a hearty meal in the morning, they offer biscuits and gravy, eggs (made from powder and a little salty), pancakes, cereal, bananas, bagels, toast, cinnamon rolls, juice, tea, and coffee. For those that want a lighter breakfast, oatmeal and yogurt was also available.
This hotel is a little off the path, so if you want to be closer to the highway, go with the other locations in Pensacola. If you are visiting the Navy Base and want a quiet spot away from the main drag, this is the spot.
They even have a small fitness center that has an elliptical machine, a treadmill, and a stationary bike.
The one downside was that the mattress is really hard. If you're used to a firm bed you won't have any problems getting a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelers_code
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Our experience began when we called from downtown Pensacola, seeking directions to the hotel. The clerk had no clue what to tell us. Keep in mind that Pensacola is a small city and the civic center (where we were) is a major landmark. We later learned the clerk is new to town, but even the most basic training should have taught her how to find and give directions. Regarding our two rooms . . . in both there was a fair amount of grout missing where the shower walls meet the tub and much of the remaining grout was badly mildewed. The AC did not work (fan blew, but no cold air) in one of our rooms. Daily housekeeping appears to be excellent, but routine maintenance is lacking. Sheets must be getting old, because they are pilled. All the staff members we encountered - front desk, housekeeping, breakfast, cleaning lobby - were very friendly and professional in appearance.

Room Tip: Make certain you know how to find this hotel. Staff may be of no help in that department!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank meghguyton
baton rouge, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed January 11, 2012

November 2011

I called and confirmed a firefighter rate by the front desk prior to my booking of room to see Blue Angels with my family, including 2 young kids. Three days prior to arrival, received call from General Manager and was told my rate was being raised $40 PER NIGHT. I was told by her I could find another hotel (being Blue Angels weekend, all hotels are filled by then) or pay the higher rate. She also informed me that if I said anything about the rate during my stay, My family would either not be allowed to check in or would be kicked out (she stated she was making a note on my reservation for her front desk staff of this also). She was a very rude and unprofessional General Manager. I have filled out complaint with BBB.
I filled out survey telling of my displeasure and have gotten NO response from this HIE management or ownership.

DO NOT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank todd p
hiexpresspensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
In response to Mr. Todd P's review: We as the hotel management, IHG Corporate office and BBB have all agreed and have determined that we are correct in our charging this guest the correct amount for his stay. He was trying to get the government rate on a Blue Angel Air Show weekend and he was not coming for work nor on orders so we could not offer the government rate to him. He is a fireman and at times we do offer that rate to fireman but not holidays or special events. We do however offer the rates to military with orders during those times. Which Mr. Perez is not. We did offer to find him another hotel with lower rates but he did refuse. He chose to stay and even signed the paperwork and rate he would be charged. After check out he then tried to dispute charges with hotel, IHG Corp. and BBB. All 3 companies had the same response..the hotel was in the right. So we are sorry you feel we are horrible for following rules. We would be more than happy to allow government rates when the person is government employee with ID/orders.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The hotel is basically a nice place to stay and conveniently located, HOWEVER, management needs to pay attention to a few basic details. The bathtub and shower in my room had a serious case of black mildew, mold, and missing caulking. I also recall that being the case on a previous stay at this hotel a year ago, so I was pretty surprised to see the problem had not been corrected by now. Also, the toilet was not functioning properly all the time, and the handle needed to be "jiggled" to stop the water leaking.

I also noticed that the small milk cartons offered at the breakfast buffet had expired dates on them (3 days old at the time of my visit.)

In my opinion, there's no excuse for these type of offenses, and I hope the staff and management wake up and start paying attention to these details which are minimum expectations of guests.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Very nice and clean hotel. When I called up to the front desk this nice girl name Lisa brought me some extra towels tried to give her a tip but she said it my pleasure thats what i am here for. You dont see that much. So I would go back if I am that way and If you are in that area you should too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2011

After calling several hotels in the area, I chose this location because of the friendliness of the front desk person over the phone. All of the staff was very helpful and courteous, and always smiling, they made me feel "right at home." I was extremely happy with my room, it was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was cozy and it was nice to relax with a fresh cup of coffee and watch the morning news. I recommend staying here. Autumn, Janet & Charles--great job!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#11 of 65 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola-NAS
Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Address: 307 N New Warrington Rd, Pensacola, FL 32506-5854
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Pensacola
#2 Green Hotel in Pensacola
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Pensacola-Navy Base is located only 2 miles from Pensacola Naval Air Station and Museum. The hotel is also close to nearby beaches such as Pensacola Beach, Johnsons Beach and Perdido Key. The hotel is convenient to downtown and only 15 minutes from Pensacola Regional Airport. The property offers 73 guest rooms that includes 28 spacious suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base