“Horrible Experience”

Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Mobile,AL
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Having been a Choice Privileges member since 2003 I have had great experiences at most of the Choice Hotels,(esp. Monroe LA). But the most recent experience that I had at this Sleep Inn was simply horrible. From the overwhelming scent of pine cleaner and bug spray to the carpet stains, the lack of cleanliness makes one one wonder how this place keeps a Sleep Inn sign out front. A travesty to have this motel under the Choice Hotels Umbrella. I took a shower when first arriving and then left the door open for about an hour to try to reduce the fumes. It didn't help. I actually borrowed an air purifier from my in-laws who live in Pensacola, to try to help the smell. When addressing these complaints with the owner/manager in the morning, he told me he didn't care about my experience and was more concerned about his 3 million dollar note he owed on the property. He was rude and unaccomodating, a drastic change from my many positive experiences with other hotels/motels. I have never been shouted at before but here it happened twice, by the clerk and the owner/manager. I was especially surprised with my experience since I had read the reviews on this site before staying. I am shocked that someone could have had such a good experience here and submitted a review that was positive. It makes me question the validity of the previous reviews. That being said, I have also stayed at five other properties in Pensacola, ( we have family in P-cola and visit often)and the positive reviews those properties have garnered are well deserved. But the Sleep Inn in Pensacola should be avoided!

Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank SaveTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2009

After a severe problem at home, I was forced to book a room at a hotel for 5 days while the problem was being repaired. The manager made me feel very comfortable and was like my best friend. Doris, Anil, and even maintenance was very helpful. The kindness and attention I received was probably just how these people are every day. You won't be sorry. Breakfast is tasty and ample, refreshments are available 'round the clock, and the vending machines were fully stocked. They have a no-nonsense policy after 9 or 10 pm which is perfect for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Hull
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Stayed at the Sleep Inn for 7 nights. Very good rate for the week, which included continental breakfast - fresh fruit, fresh bread, lashings of tea and coffee plus all other breakfast foods you could need. Tea and coffee available (free of charge) from reception around the clock, if needed, plus facilities in the room. From the moment we checked in we were treated very courteously and Doris (reception etc) was a sweetheart - because of the length of our stay she organised a fridge and a microwave to be put into our room for us! Housekeeping staff were lovely and kept the place spick and span at all times. It's an easy place to get to (off I-10) and the only downside to staying at the Sleep Inn is that there isn't anywhere to relax other than your room - a lounge area would have been nice. It's no problem there not being a restaurant as there's a Cracker Barrel a 3 minute walk away, which serves outstanding food. Also, many other food outlets accessible on foot or by car, plus local outlets offer delivery. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Pensacola.

No restaurant (only breakfast room).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple