“Courteous, friendly staff”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Red Roof Inn. The hotel was older yet the rooms were modern. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Shirley at the front desk was fabulous. She went out of her way to make sure our stay was a memorable experience. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Through the years I have stayed at many Red Roof Inns, and after spending a night here recently when in town to see the Naval Aviation Museum, I would say this this the best RRI I have ever stayed at-and one of the better motels period. The room was clean and quiet, and there was wired internet access in the room-I always carry an Ethernet cable with me just in case.
The bed was not bad for a motel bed. The Continental breakfast was definitely above average-even had fresh bananas, nature's most perfect food. Not all RRI's even have a breakfast of any kind.
The staff was very helpful when I asked directions.
If I am ever in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am a recently widowed retired lady traveling for the first time by myself with my dog. I found this facility on a pet friendly hotel and motel web site. I could not be more pleased with this hotel. It is an older facility but very clean, with a pleasant friendly staff. There is a green area to walk my dog which did not have pet droppings laying around. Of course my dog sniffed the room thoroughly, but evidently did not find any smells that required his marking anything in the room. This reassured me that athe pet friendly rooms area given special attention when cleaned. The bed is quite comfortable, the towels are soft and fluffy and the shower was awesome. My room has a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. I would recommend this facility ato anyone traveling with a pet and on a budget!

Room Tip: I requested a non smoking, pet friendly room preferably on the ground floor and was given exactly wh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 540LindaW
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As usual the Red Roof Inns are superb in their service, rooms and ambiance. They provided a baggage cart to all guest to transfer luggage to the room since you could go out the back door closest to our room, but the card key wouldn't work to let you back in. The Continental breakfast was the usual fare, lots of choices and the dining area was very neat and clean as well as the rest of the motel. We love staying at this Red Roof Inn and we always try to stay when one is available on our route. We love that they are so very pet friendly and never charge for having a pet stay there.

Room Tip: I believe that this RRI is smoke free so there is no choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms. Since...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anita G
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The staff at this hotel works hard to make guests feel welcome with the front desk clerk Shirley leading the way. It is a great value for your dollar located in beautiful Pensacola, Florida. The Superior King room is especially nice with not only a King size bed but also with microwave and refrigerator as well as extra space with large desk space.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScrappyDoobyDoo
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We drove in from a very long trip and arrived late. I like to sleep with it a little colder in the room so I requested extra blankets and was immediately accused of occupying more than 2 people. I ensured the man that I had only 2 people but he continued to ask me 3 more times if I had more then 2 people and even went as far as showing me on the receipt that only 2 people were allowed in the room. He made me feel extremely uncomfortable. After this I had a very time enjoying the cramped, smelly room with questionable bedding and a parking lot where you wish your car had an anti theft system. I based my decision to stay here on reviews. I dismissed the negative ones in hope that they were from some minor problems, sticklers that had nothing better to do then complain. But I will never stay at a red roof in again because of my experience and I hope I can convince others that is not worth their money, and especially their time. I'd gladly pay a little extra to stay at the holiday inn express across the street

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Roman2020
RedRoofWest, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Roman2020,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Pensacola. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not all positive. I sincerely apologize for not making your stay comfortable. I have shared your comments with all my front desk staff to make sure similar things does not happen again. Thanks again for your feedback.

Hari Palepu
GM

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The people that run the front desk are beyond rude and the rooms are uncomfortably small. I will never stay at a red roof inn again I'd rather pay 100 dollars more for any other hotel. The breakfast is decent but doesn't make up for the terrible service this place had. Pick somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: February 2013