“Great job and thank you Hari!”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Clearwater, Florida
“Great job and thank you Hari!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had a great experience while staying at this hotel, due to the excellent service given to me by Hari P. I am thankful for him going the extra mile to make my stay superb, and also the fact that I left my iphone charger in the room, and I called 2 days later, he found it, and mailed it to me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank shelley m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ca
Reviewed March 30, 2012

When in the Pensacola area and needing and extended length stay I would recommend this Red Roof location. Easy access to I-10 and surrounding eateries makes this location ideal. The morning breakfast is enough to get you out and going. Spacious parking makes it easy to come and go without worry about getting a spot later in the day.

Room are comfortable, affordable and clean. Pricing would allow you to have separate room for the kids if you need a break during a longer trip. The friendly helpful staff make returning to this location an easy choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank columbusCa
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for five nights - the purpose of the trip was meeting up with my family (my parents + my brother and sister-in-law) and then visiting extended family at different houses in the area. We weren't looking for a resort, just somewhere very safe to sleep and change clothes and keep our belongings - and this inn worked out really well for us. It is secure, quiet and clean, with lots of parking. The soda and ice machines were always stocked and working! - and there was great water pressure and lots of warm water in the showers. I especially liked it that the hotel has interior corridors and that the rooms don't open up to the outside.

The guys at the front desk were super-helpful in answering questions about the various types and locations of rooms and then making advance reservations for this block of three rooms for us. My parents needed a room with special accessible arrangements so I called several times with questions and to sort things out - they were always so friendly and polite on the phone as well as in person when I met them during our stay.

The housekeepers were also very friendly and energetic and they respected the "do not disturb" sign (which isn't always the case in hotels) - we were in and out a lot and wanted to just maintain our own rooms and privacy. They would always ask if they could do anything for us when we saw them in the hallways - they would trade out used towels for clean ones and were very attentive to make sure we didn't need actual service in the room.

MY ROOM -
I stayed in a superior king room - a really nice upgrade from a regular queen room. The king rooms have much more space, plus a refrigerator and a microwave. There is a good-sized standing shower with glass door - there is a separate sink and mirror area outside of the shower/ bathroom area. The work area seemed like it would be very functional if you were staying there for work - a wide desk along the wall with a nice rolling/ reclining chair. There are a couple of other chairs spaced around if you have people come into your room to visit or whatever. The AC was cold, the heat was hot, the fan setting worked well to circulate when I didn't want it to be any different temp than it already was. Linens were clean and the bed and pillows were soft and just right. My room really was clean all over - I didn't see a single bug (or hair belonging to previous guest!) floating around anywhere. The towels and washcloths are smaller and not thick at all (standard-issue white motel towels) but they served their purpose and there were lots of them - it was very nice to have some extras compared to some places which just provide a couple. The plastic cups are disposable, wrapped in plastic - sometimes I really prefer this instead of having breakable (and unsealed) glassware floating around.

I originally had requested my room for the third floor but the staff hooked me up in an adjoining room next to my parents on the second floor. It was very nice for them to think ahead of our arrival and give us a choice of doing this - good to be able to turn the rooms into one giant room for part of the day or evening and then close the doors between us at night. Now, after staying there, I would choose a room on the second floor for sure because there is a wide open set of angled stairs that connects the middle of the second floor hallway with the lobby - nice and faster to be able to run up and down the stairs between those floors without waiting for the elevator.

There is a complimentary desktop computer setup in the lobby next to the front desk - you can print from it - used it several times to print something for my Dad. For everything else, the internet service in the rooms was fast and very easy to access. I'm not sure if the in-room access is wireless or wired or both because I didn't try it without the router - I had brought along a small router to enable secured wireless access throughout the room - it worked great, and through the wall into my Dad's room as well. The ethernet cable that was provided *might* be long enough to reach a laptop on the foot of the bed, if you had to use wired access. I believe there is also complimentary wireless internet access in the lobby area - there is a nice area with several couches and chairs.

BREAKFAST -
Complimentary continental breakfast offered daily until 9am (and later !) This might have just been a fluke during our visit, but we would be in the breakfast area and my parents commented several times "how nice it was" that breakfast wasn't immediately removed at 9am on the dot like some other hotel/motel locations in the immediate area - the staff would leave it set up for quite awhile after 9am. I think maybe 9am is when they stop replenishing the foods so I wouldn't count on finding anything if you go down later - but it was very nice (especially for seniors who sleep later, get to the breakfast area at 8:30 or so and then like to linger at breakfast) for the staff to allow the food that was already on the display stay out for a bit longer instead of whisking it away right at the ending time (whether people are in the area or not). I understand the reasons why other hotels/motels might need to take everything up on time but this was a definite perk of staying here to my parents for sure!

Continental breakfast (in January 2012 anyway, because availability might change from one stay or season to the next!) -----> orange juice, coffee, milk, tea and hot chocolate packets, toast, different kinds of bagels, fruit danish, small muffins, instant oatmeal packets (plain as well as many different flavors), several different types of dry cereal, fruit (apples and bananas) - and small sealed containers of peanut butter and cream cheese for the bagels and toast. The breakfast area is in two rooms on the first floor - one room with the self-serve foods/drinks displayed, along with a toaster, microwave, hot water dispenser - - and then a separate room with a flat-panel television mounted on the wall and quite a few tables and chairs. It was not crowded at all when we were there.

NEARBY-
Within walking distance - McDonald's, Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Burger King, Waffle House, Sonny's BBQ. Starbucks is just over a mile north (corner of Pine Forest Rd and W Nine Mile Road)

Hotel location is immediately across from the I-10 eastbound onramp - easy on and off the freeway for sure.

The whole experience was positive - I have nothing negative to say in the least about this hotel and its staff - really had no expectations going in and would absolutely stay here again. I believe it is owned and operated by a family who has chosen their additional support staff very carefully - it is obvious that all of them care about their guests and that it's not just a job to them - it is their business. The owner/manager is highly visible and was constantly checking to be sure all was going well when we would pass by him at the desk or in the hallways. We had no complaints but if we had, I feel certain that he would have done whatever he could to be sure our stay was as good as he could make it.

Room Tip: Second floor has a wide open staircase connecting it to the center of the lobby - faster in/out acce...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank flightfulbird
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel was pretty well kept and clean but the air circulation in our room wasn't that great (it was too hot in the room but cold outside so we didn't want to turn on the fan or air conditioning).
The breakfast buffet didn't include many items. We noticed they accepted pets and if I had noticed that prior to booking, wouldn't have booked here. I'm sure people with pets will be fine with it, but we won't be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen L
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We spent one night at this Red Roof Inn while driving along I-10. The place is relatively inexpensive and well-located, with a Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, McDonald's and Hardees within easy walking distance. The hotel is aging, but not as poorly as some we've seen. The people at the desk were friendly and competent.

Unlike many motels, the Red Roof in Pensacola has an elevator and inside room doors. The room we had was reasonably well equipped with CRT TV, iron & ironing board and queen bed plus the usual small coffee maker and hair dryer. The vanity area is outside the toilet & shower space. Our shower was a large stall with glass door. While the area was generally clean, the shower could have used a good bleach treatment around the door. There was a great shower head with good pressure and plenty of hot water. The room was fairly quiet overnight.

Toiletries in the room were very minimal, 2 tear-off packets of shampoo and the obligatory 2 bars of soap.

The linens on the bed were of marginal quality; our fitted sheet came off overnight...not something we've experienced before.

We really liked the light switches near the bed, one of which was connected to a low-level light good for evening TV watching. Also, the internet was the fastest and best wireless connection we've had on this multi-week trip. However, it is an unsecured connection.

Breakfast was unremarkable, and is in what appears to be 2 hotel rooms joined by French doors. The bagels were relatively fresh, but the juice and coffee were barely acceptable.

We probably will look elsewhere if our travels take us through the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This property had the feel of a much more expensive property. The lobby was quite nice and the staff was pleasant and accommodating. The room was a bit small but adequate, and nicely appointed with an assortment of amenities such as in-room coffee maker, blow dryer, ironing board, 'fridge, etc.. The room was very, very clean. Breakfast was available with a decent variety of items from which to choose. For the price, it was a bargain.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PinkFlamingo54
Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We chose this hotel because it wass inexpensive. It is located literally right off of I-10 as you go towards Pensacola (which is convienient). Other reviewers complained about a bug spray smell, and I can confirm that the hotel does smell like this in the lobby pretty strong. In the room we couldn't smell it though. The carpets in the hallway are stained a bit, and the ones in the room looked a little old. The rooms were small (but they aren't suites so this was expected). The bathroom was small but the shower was decent.

Overall the hotel was clean, a bit dated, but well worth the stay considering it was cheap. I used my bank debit card to book and they didn't place any kind of hold, just the charge for the room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family