“Walking distance to downtown Pensacola”

Sole Inn and Suites
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Fort Rucker, Alabama
“Walking distance to downtown Pensacola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The last room available was the suite and were so glad to take it. Only spent $139 for the room and it was well worth it. It did have a kitchenette and a small "living" room with a nice tv. The bedroom was really nice with a comfortable and great sized bed. The bathroom was nice too with a walk in shower. The service was excellent and they super friendly. I don't remember seeing a swimming pool, but then again, I didn't look for one. Best of all, the bars, food and park are walking distance. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, General Manager at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to write us such a raving review. It truly makes me feel good to know we are doing a great job and making our guests stay at Sole' enjoyable. We do not have a pool but instead have the beautiful couryard for guest to sit around our fountain, relax with a glass of wine featured form our nightly happy hour. Thank you agin for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again someday.
Mark Bodiford, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed at beachfront hotels in Pensacola, but Sole' is better! Our choice from here-on. Downtown. Close to everything, yet away from the tourist crowds at the beach. Updated nicely...and did I mention the staff? Amanda was extremely helpful in directing us to the sights and sounds we were interested in. She made us feel right at home and made our stay exceptional. Thanks! We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much Steve for taking time to write such a wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that your stay at Sole' was so enjoyable. We are very fournitate to have great staff members such as Amanda, who loves their jobs and making our guest feel comfortable. Please come back and stay with us again.
Mark Bodiford, General Manager.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff was awesome and the room was very nice. It was convenient to everything downtown.BUT, there is a train a few blocks away and at 1&5 AM the whistle blows, oh but that's not enough...6AM the church rings bells 20+ times. The road noise was pretty loud, too. So if you can sleep through anything, I recommend it. A lot of great restaurant right there!!!

Room Tip: anything with ear plugs
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a good review. I am very please that you enjoyed your stay with us, although the city noise disturbed your sleep. Unfortutunately with our hotel being in an urban, downtown setting, this issue does arise from time to time but is generally not an issue. I sure hope this will not keep you for staying with us again on a future visit. Thank you again for visiting us.
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Absolutely lovely! Urban vibe with lots of charm. Close proximity to Pensacola Bay Center where we attended a concert. Delightful continental breakfast! Amanda is awesome! From the time I spoke with her to make reservation, to meeting her in person upon arrival - courteous, friendly, welcoming - she's a rock star! And thank you Amanda for kindly looking at my 100 or so concert pictures the next morning after the show! Love this place and will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Lisa for your terrific review. I am so happy you loved our hotel and that Amanda was so accommodating to you. She truly loves her job and making people happy. She is a huge asset to Sole'. Thank you again for staying with us.
Mark Bodiford, General Manager.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We recently stayed here while attending a concert. The location is perfect. We were able to walk to the concert. Your staff has excellent customer especially Amanda!! Never replace her. I spoke with her before we arrived and she went out of her way to honor any request I made. The room was clean and like having a mini fridge to keep drinks cold. Overall a good place to stay...and the courtyard is a nice touch.

Tammie Lawrence
Semmes, Alabama

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Tammie for the great review. I am so happy to hear your stay with us was so enjoyable. It is our goal for every guest to leave here just as pleased as you were and yes, Amanda is a true asset to Sole'. Thank you agin for staying with us.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here in 2012 for Mardi Gras and that experience was nothing short of fabulous.....stayed again this year and we didn't get that same vibe. Doesn't appear that they are keeping the place up at all and there's a definite downward shift in the amenities. Lots of peeling paint and things are kind of dirtier. Felt more like a motel 6 than a boutique hotel this time. Housekeeping staff walking past our room with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths a definite turn-off. Front desk Staff was more concerned with selling drinks to passers-by than taking care of their guests during the parades. Slightly disappointed, but we will still consider next year because we like the location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and ice makers!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, General Manager at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. We strive to keep our hotel at higher level and take steps to assure we acheve this.
We try to address any maintenance as they arise and if you noticed any issues with paint peeling, this will be taken care of immediately. I am very sorry for the issue with the housekeeper smoking and you have my word that this has been addressed and will never happen again.
Since your stay last year, we have added upgraded amenities to all guest rooms as well as installing new flat screen tvs in each room.
I would like to apologize for the lack of attention you recieved from our front deck during the Mardi Gras parade. The hotel being located in the middle of the parade route and and at least 10,000 people in attendance, things tend to get a little hectic.
Please don't let this experience keep you away next year and agin I want to thank you for staying with us and the feedback you have given me.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family reserved a total of five rooms from Thursday to Monday. A friend referred this hotel to me and I was really surprised. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The staff was great. The breakfast area was a little small, but breakfast was free so we can deal with it. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you very much for the positive feedback you have given us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and please come back to see you when you have another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
At Home Inn & Suites
#13 of 63 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to Sole Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!