“Good location”

Sole Inn and Suites
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Sole Inn to attend an event in the Seville Quarter which was about a five minute walk. First glance reminds you of any motel from the 70's, but upon closet inspection it's a mostly modern hotel that has been renovated into the 21st century.
Front desk was friendly and helpful.
Free drinks and snacks at happy hour.
Room was modern except for the tube tv. Furniture, bed, and bathroom features appeared newer and very modern.

• Stayed: September 2012
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for the right on review! Our location just can't be beat. Walk to everything downtown has to offer ( and that is alot) New flat screens coming this month. Alan

There are newer reviews for Sole Inn and Suites

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed a night for the 2nd time at this Hotel for Beer Fest, Pensacola. Staff is very friendly. Free drinks and snacks in evening for an hour or two. Not sure exact times. Rooms clean. Stayed third floor. No water pressure for shower at all. Paint pealing off walls in bathroom. AC started dripping in the room about 4am. Someone sits in stairway and smokes and it goes right into the AC and into your room. Happened first time we stayed here also. Saturday morning there is a farmers market accross the street that is good for something to do in the morning.

Bottom Line: Very friendly, good location, needs some updating to make it better. Will try another hotel next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for the fair and honest review. The items in your room have been taken care of. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. The shower wand's filter was clogged with a little piece of metal , works perfect now. The peeling paint on the window ledge has been scraped and painted and looks new again. I am sorry those items were not tended to before you checked in. I am glad you liked everything else about Sole' and its location. I hope you will come back and stay again. Alan

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I found myself stuck in Pensacola an extra day to finish up a business meeting and a client recommended the Sole Inn downtown. I was pleasantly surprised! They've done a great job converting this old dive motel into a clean, modern and buzzing little spot. It's comfy and the staff is super friendly. I really like the style they've chosen...sleek and modern, yet warm and cozy. They have a free wine reception every night and a generous continental breakfast. For the room rate of $100/night, it can't be beat. The location is also perfect and in walking distance to all the great bars, restaurants and bay on Palafox. Kudos!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Well I am sorry you got stuck for another day of work but I am glad you spent it at Sole'. Thank you so much for the cool review. I hope Sole' will always be your choice when staying over in Pensacola. Alan

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here a couple nights while I was in town for a wedding. The remodelled rooms were chic - loved the decor. Fridge and microwaves were bonus! Amanda was wonderful and attentive. Nice to have a complimentary breakfast that was a step above continental. Daily happy hour- another bonus. The location is great too. Close to downtown and the Saturday market is just across the street. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 is because the bed and pillows were average...but I'm very picky about beds and usually bring my own pillow!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the very good review. Yes I think Sole' is a great bargin and I am glad you agree. Pillows can be so tricky...some like them super soft some like them firm so we try to hit the middle but we give you lots of them 4 on a double and 6 on a king. Thanks again for the great review. Alan

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After been greeted by the lovely Amanda (their charming GSR), I took the elevator to my third-story room and was so pleased with the up-scale decor, the attention to detail, and the fact that after unpacking, I could go to the very hip lobby and have a charming happy hour... all on them :-)

I was fortunate enough to have met Alan (the owner), who seemed genuinely happy that I was a guest, and then met the General Manager, Mark, who seemed equally pleased that I was there.

I had one special need while I was visiting, which was met with a smile, and very prompt attention to meeting this need.

The complimentary breakfast was such a treat! Being able to get charged up for the day without having to wait in line or worry that someone might not like me wearing a baseball cap while dining was wonderful.

Alan clearly has good taste; from the decor of his wonderful space, to his selection of personable and professional staff.

Many thanks for sending me home so happy and refreshed!

Jennifer
Raleigh, NC

Room Tip: Just ask Amanda... she'll help :-)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Wow Jennifer, I am so flattered. What a thoughtful and kind review! You just made my day. Thanks again. Alan

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The location close to downtown and old downtown is nice. The hotel is a remodeled 50's style
outside -door property. The rooms are nicely updated in a quirky tropical style. There is a happy hour in the afternoon, and breakfast in the morning. The staff is super-nice. Don't hesitate eto stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M

What a nice review! Thank you Mary! The Sole' staff loves to get good reviews. Alan

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was so glad I picked this hotel instead of staying on the beach. The hotel was walking distance to great restaurants and bars in old downtown. If you wanted to go to the beach you were just a quick 15 minute drive. The staff here were so nice and greated me by name everytime I spoke with them. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be close to all the action and still close enough to the beach. A special thanks to Alan the owner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you Mr. Cronin for choosing us for your getaway. It means so much to me when someone in the business appreciates what we are doing here at Sole' . It was great meeting you and look forward to your return. Alan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
New World Inn
#29 of 65 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola-NAS

Been to Sole Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!