Sole Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$129
$179
Hampton.com
$65
Motel 6
All reviewssoledowntown pensacolafree happy hourfree beer and winepalafox styogurtwalking distanceclose to downtownan older hotellocation is greatrooms are smallhistoric districtmini fridgecoffee makergreat place to staystaff was very friendlycomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Great location for downtown activities and easy access to the interstate.Staff always had a smile for me and my friends!!! No matter what my question was they were able to help me at any hour of the day.Continenntal breakfast and happy hour was a plus as well.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Arabella6
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

I am always so happy when one of our guests recognize my staff and how glad they are to answer any questions a guest may have about Sole' and the Pensacola area. I am thankful for the great review and you choosing Sole' . Alan

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Nice place. Appeared clean and newly renovated. The rooms have a modern look to them and includes a coffee pot, microwave, TV, and small refrigerator. I stayed in room 105 and king bed was very confirtable. I also like zero tolerance quite time after 11PM each night to insure a good nights rest. They also have a happy hour in the evenings and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for the nice review and the pics. We thank you so much for supporting us! Hope to see you back soon. Alan

Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in July... it was the night before the annual Blue Angels Air Show on Pensacola Beach.

I made my reservation online, and received a rate of $89 (AAA rate).

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the desk attendant and told that complimentary happy hour had just begun. We checked into our beautifully decorated room and then ventured back to the lobby for happy hour. There was an array of snacks, beer, wine and lemonade. We grabbed some refreshments and enjoyed them on the outdoor patio. The happy hour lasts for a couple hours and is a nice welcoming touch!

The Sole Inn is within walking distance to all of the downtown hotspots. After a nap (too much happy hour... lol) we walked to Hopjacks Taproom. There was a good nightlife scene in downtown Pensacola, but we were pretty tired so after dinner we just retired to the hotel.

The next morning was Saturday and we woke up, ate complimentary breakfast in the lobby and walked across the street to check out the weekly farmers' market. Great location!

I do have two complaints. While I enjoyed the fact that even though the hotel is upgraded it still has the original feel of the 1950s due to the layout, the placement of the shower head in the shower stall should be addressed. My husband is 6'2" and his head was too close to the shower head. Also, with all the upgrades, a TV upgrade should not be overlooked. The TV in the room was very small and older. We watched part of the Nationwide NASCAR race on the TV and couldn't even read the words on the screen because they were small and blurry. Like most people, when we are actually in a hotel room we are either watching TV or sleeping, so a TV upgrade would be a benefit.

The Sole Inn was the perfect hotel for us. Because the air show was that weekend, there were no affordable hotels on Pensacola Beach. I was happy to find the Sole Inn to meet our needs!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great and detailed review! We are in the process of getting new flat screen led tvs for all the rooms, just takes time and $. We will make it happen. Hope to see you back at Sole' in the near future. Alan

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I got fooled by reading all the good things Trip Advisor reviews said about this hotel. Let me tell you more. The hotel is a remodel of an early 1960s hotel that is very tastefully decorated and I was very impressed. Whats not said is that the rooms were not changed and are still very small. The noise insulation is still 1960s. We could hear everything on each side and above us. Plus one thing not mentioned is that the fire station is directly behind the hotel. On Saturday night when we stayed, we were awakened at least 5 times with fire trucks escorting ambulances. Parking is very limited and we had to park on the front street. The last item was strange in that the commode were the water savor type. Unfortunately we never could get our commode to fully flush. Overall the noise was the major item and I guess nothing could be asked of the front desk to help this. The fire station was definitely there before the hotel though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. No place could be quieter here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not get a great night's sleep. After investigating I found the problem on the night you stayed with us. That weekend was Blue Angel Air show...at 5am the Blue Angel marathon started one block from our hotel. This only happens once a year. All the sirens you heard were the begining of the race. There were hundreds of runners, so it took a while to get them past the hotel. The closest fire station is over a mile from the hotel., so never has been an issue.This is a situation I can't control. I had no idea they would blow the sirens for that long :( Normally Sole' is very quiet after 11 pm. My rooms are not huge, but they are not tiny either, most find them wonderfuly cozy. I understand when something is keeping you from a great night's sleep everything seems wrong.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Up front; I'm a fitness person. No fitness facility and no pool. Both are down the street at the local YMCA--day passes are given. The rooms are small and all are "outside walkway entrances." The website led me to believe these facilities were on-site. The rooms are small, with nothing fancy and room service didn't make it to us until after 4 p.m. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, close to downtown, and the water. Great shops and quirky boutiques. Great street festival every 3rd Friday, and a weekend market--all right outside the door of the inn. Great happy hour food band right at the inn. Good place to drop your bags and hit the local spots--but not for luxury relaxation.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the elevators and stairs. Privacy can become an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

Thank you for your honest review. I am a little puzzled as to where on the web site it says we have fittness facilities. I went over our site several times and no where does it state that. Yes , we will give you a pass to the great YMCA , 1 block up the street. They also have an olympic pool. I am sorry we did not get to your room untill 4 pm. On the weekends when we are full it sometimes takes a little longer for housekeeping to get to the stayovers and I make sure they don't rush through and not do a stellar job. Thanks for pointing out all the good things about Sole'. We are in a beautiful urban setting but don't claim to be a destination resort. I hope you will come back for Gallery night again., it is lots of fun.