“Mediocre at best.”

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Location? Not great. You're about 35 min and a couple toll bridges from the beaches and attractions that you came to see. The rooms are merely average, more or less clean. Free breakfast is a farce to lure you into their overpriced restaurant. The dollar pool table was fun, pool was adequate. In retrospect, should have paid more and stayed somewhere a little nicer.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jason N
Quality I, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Most guest love our location and the beach is only 20 minutes away, unless you get caught in bad traffic, which can happen during the summer. There is only 1 toll bridge between the hotel and the beach and the cost is $1.00.
The Piano Bar Bistro just added a breakfast menu. We are very happy to be able to serve such a high quality breakfast for a very reasonable price. There is also a 10% off coupon available at the front desk.
The majority of our guests find this hotel a real value for all we offer and the superior staff we have. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a last minute choice. Most of the hotels in the area were filled and I was happy to find a room. I stay in Choice Hotels quite often (12-18 times/yr). I overnight approx. 200 nights / yr..

This Choice Hotel location needs a thorough inspection by the chain's quality control dept..

1) The (B) stairwell had the smell of urine. (Not sure if it was animal or human, but it doesn't matter.)
2) No elevators
3) The hallways have a musty, dusty smell.
4) The room was very, very musty smelling also.
5) I pulled the filters out of the a/c unit, and they were black with dirt and mold. After a thorough cleaning in the hot tub water w/ shampoo, and running the a/c for a couple of hours, the room actually smells better. (or I have become used to it????)
6) After a couple of hours of work, I turned the TV on to find the signal in this room was all but non-existent. A snowy screen. (See attached pictures) (Removed the cable from the tv and wall, inspected and reinstalled. Not any better.)

For the money ($100+), you would be better off at a $45/ nt. hotel where they leave the front porch light on for you.....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank sunshades1

First I want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We have a regular cleaning cycle for the A/C coils and filters, did you report the filter problem to front desk so the issue could be corrected? The hallways are shampooed on a regular schedule, as are the stairwells. We also want to apologize for the television problem, with your feedback we did isolate a problem cable and replace, now the reception is great in the rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you in the future,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I wanted to write and say how much this hotel did to make our reunion enjoyable. We had family come in from all over and we were greeted and catered to really well. The rooms and common areas were large, updated and clean - not typically seen in the newer hotels. The food was pretty good, too. Thank you, Michael and staff.

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just spent the weekend there for my bi yearly family reunion. Seeing the family was great but service there was even better. I probably won't wait two years for a weekend getaway there. Hats off to the staff who went above and beyond the call. If you're looking for a top notch chocolate chip cookie, check with Heidi.

Room Tip: All rooms were great my family was pretty much spread out no complaints from anyone.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My friend and I stayed at your hotel in May! I worked for a hotel and I was most impressed with your hotel! Upon arrival your front desk agent was personable, friendly, and informative. The room was wonderful and extremely clean. The pool and landscaping were amazing. Breakfast was outstanding and your staff made sure that it was properly stocked. I enjoyed the view it was the best. In my opinion, this hotel is rated with 5 stars all the way. Thank you so very much for taking such good care of your establishment it shows all the way around!!!

Room Tip: A block away from the ocean!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Pretty nice hotel. We only stayed one night here, was just passing through. Can't complain about anything. Quite a few delivery food options in the area also, which is a plus. Would stay here again, but we are headed a little farther & to the beach. :)

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Currently staying at this hotel. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, other services are as advertised; however, be aware that the hotel offers a free continental breakfast, but also runs a restaurant, so the continental breakfast is minimal. Upon check-in, staff gives a 10% coupon for the paid breakfast and when asked if there was a free breakfast had a condescending attitude. This attitude is also evident in the wait staff attending the breakfast in what is said when people inquire about things that are empty and in the maintenance of the continental breakfast. If wireless service is required for your stay, we found the service works well from 8 a.m until about 8 p.m. and then tapers off to next to nothing when the volume of people on the service increases in the evening. It is easy to get around Pensacola from this hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

We are so happy you had a great stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your experiences at this hotel with other travelers. If wireless was a problem, I hope you reported that to front desk. We have recently upgraded our wireless network and front desk or guest can call the IT help desk. The help desk can get you up and running at a good speed within a few minutes typically.
Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you soon.