“Great location”

Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were driving from Texas to Miami and stopped here for 1 night to visit friends. The location was perfect since we were spending the day on Pensacola Beach. It was comfortable but very dated. It was one of the least expensive hotels in this area, so for the money, it worked. We did not eat breakfast here. The staff did accommodate me with an early check in which was very nice!!! Thank you!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is right off of I-10 and on Scenic Hwy. The location makes it really easy to get around.
We stayed here because it was a decent rated hotel and was on a secret rate deal. We would stay again for the rate we paid. The hotel is a bit older, but it's in okay shape. Complimentary breakfast was nice with a varying selection and better than a lot of complimentary breakfasts at other hotels.
There is a inner courtyard where a pool and gazebo are located. Each room in the inside has sliding glass doors with direct access or a balcony. The same goes for the outside facing rooms. We were glad we had an interior room as it felt safer. If we stayed here again, we would request the same.
For the price we paid, the room for our expectations and needs. We would stay again.
Also, all of the staff we dealt with at the front desk and breakfast area were very pleasant and friendly. That always makes a difference.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank EastTXtravelers
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at this location 7/9/12-7/10/12 while visiting Pensacola as part of our summer vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the view of Escambia Bay was very pleasant. The room was adequately big enough for our family of four. The microwave and mini fridge were unexpected bonuses. The beds were comfortable, sheets and towels seemed very clean and fairly new. Overall the room was nice/clean enough but attention to detail while cleaning seemed to be missing - especially in the bathroom. The room seemed damp and while the carpet was newer the room did have a "damp" odor to it. There did not appear to be a very good seal on the sliding glass door that led from our first floor room to the parking lot - it did lock securely though. The free breakfast was pretty average - no complaints from my hungry family - except for my teenage daughter who would have liked bananas and more yogurt selection. The best part of this location was its actual location - easy to get on any major roadway you might want for sight seeing. Overall it was an average experience - not really sure we would stay here again if there were other choices in our price range.

Room Tip: Might not want a first floor room as your sliding glass door opens right out into the parking lot.
1  Thank travelfamily34116
Reviewed July 7, 2012

checked into the QualityInn on Pennsacola Blvd. in Pennsacola Florida for a day and i was pleasantly surprised after visiting some pure hell holes this room was very clean,towel nice and white, linens snow white and everything was ok,pillows little to flimsy but overall i enjoyed it the only other problem i had was with the ignorant guess across from us and their kids screaming and making all kinds of noise until about 12 midnight.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammie M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped here, for one night, on our way to the beach. The hotel looks very worn from the curb. The rooms were suitable but the building itself needs a major facelift. Check in was fine. Beds were fine. They do not provide morning papers for their Choice Guests and said it was their choice not to, as most papers get thrown away. Breakfast was included but nothing to get excited about.

After we left, we realized that $$$ was stolen. We reported it to the Choice Customer Service, who told us they would contact the hotel. We also called the hotel and they told us they would check things out but that they did not have a history of thefts in the hotel. Verified that no one had entered our room. We filed a police report and told them everything that we told the manager on duty ( Mike?) The police laughed when we told them that there was no history of theft, per the manager. They said that there was a history of theft at this hotel.

Wonder who is telling the truth...the hotel or the police....you decide. Seems fishy to me.

1  Thank motherjanegoose
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I would like to personally let you know that I was here on the day of the reported missing money and our assistant general manager was the one who handled your phone call and did, in fact, go and check for any entry into your room. There were no keys that entered your room besides the ones issues to you. There was the question brought up of "employee" theft and that is what Michael responded to. ALL hotels have had theft at them and the one incident we had here was a year ago and the suspects were apprehended.
I know you were looking to read the USA Today and we have actually never carried it. We had the Wall Street Journal...as I discussed with you...and guest were not interested. Choice does not require the paper to be distributed. We do have the local paper outside our lobby.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

this was a terible breakfast, very limited selection. Rooms were ok but not great....I also found a bug.................I hope like hell it wasn't a bed bug!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is what I would suggest
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I'm so sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to put out a great breakfast for our guest each and every morning. We offer biscuits, gravy, eggs, grits, waffles, oatmeal, donuts, breads, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, and coffee complimentary.
Also, I wanted to personally let you know that our hotel is treated WEEKLY for bugs and MONTHLY for bed bugs. We do have the occasionally sneaky bug that finds his way in, but I assure you that they don't live long and they're definitely not bed bugs. We pride ourselves on the absence of these well known hotel pest.
And please, if you're ever with us again then please notify our very friendly front desk staff of any concerns and we're always able to correct anything within our means immediately.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked a king suite at this hotel. I requested early check-in, but my room was not clean when I arrived. That was ok, as I needed to run out to Target for some things. When I returned the room was clean. The staff was professional and nice. They helped me in everyway that I asked.

The room was a little run down. I saw areas of rust on the corners of the walls and in certain areas along the baseboard. The hotel didn't have a pleasant smell. The phones did not work, so I had to use my personal cell to call down to the front desk. It is a large facility, so there were a ton of people at breakfast the next morning, so it felt a little congested. Everything looked old, had an odor of old, so I was not pleased. The entire hotel could be updated. I personally would not stay at this hotel again.

FYI: None of the rooms offer a view of the water.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I do apologize for the conjested breakfast area during a very busy weekend at our hotel. Our breakfast area comfortable seats up to 50 people (much larger then most) and we also open our bar/lounge area for extra seating directly across from the dining area to allow for more room.
We do take request for early checkins but do not garuntee availability and we always make sure to inform our guest of this. If a room is available that meets your needs when you arrive, whether it's 9am or 2pm, we will allow you to check in at no additional cost.
We have recently renovated our building in many ways including news beds, carpet, drapes, fixtures, etc, but this is still an old building itself being built in 1985. I truly wish we could take care of every detail, but we are still working on finding them. I will attribute the smell of an older building to this as well. The walls hold so much in that this is a very large work in progress.
I'm assuming on your date of stay that the phone lines were down in the area. I can only apologize for the inconvienence but do not have a good explanation for those conditions. We pay our bills and keep the phones maintained in house, which is all we are capable of. ;)
I want to point out to any future guest that this same concern you have with no view of the water is a common one. We do have a view of the Escambia Bay outside our lobby but none of our rooms are facing the water. I do apologize for this misconception.
We hope that you will visit us sometime again!!