“Remove Quality From the Name”

Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped here, for one night, on our way to the beach. The hotel looks very worn from the curb. The rooms were suitable but the building itself needs a major facelift. Check in was fine. Beds were fine. They do not provide morning papers for their Choice Guests and said it was their choice not to, as most papers get thrown away. Breakfast was included but nothing to get excited about.

After we left, we realized that $$$ was stolen. We reported it to the Choice Customer Service, who told us they would contact the hotel. We also called the hotel and they told us they would check things out but that they did not have a history of thefts in the hotel. Verified that no one had entered our room. We filed a police report and told them everything that we told the manager on duty ( Mike?) The police laughed when we told them that there was no history of theft, per the manager. They said that there was a history of theft at this hotel.

Wonder who is telling the truth...the hotel or the police....you decide. Seems fishy to me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank motherjanegoose
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I would like to personally let you know that I was here on the day of the reported missing money and our assistant general manager was the one who handled your phone call and did, in fact, go and check for any entry into your room. There were no keys that entered your room besides the ones issues to you. There was the question brought up of "employee" theft and that is what Michael responded to. ALL hotels have had theft at them and the one incident we had here was a year ago and the suspects were apprehended.
I know you were looking to read the USA Today and we have actually never carried it. We had the Wall Street Journal...as I discussed with you...and guest were not interested. Choice does not require the paper to be distributed. We do have the local paper outside our lobby.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

this was a terible breakfast, very limited selection. Rooms were ok but not great....I also found a bug.................I hope like hell it wasn't a bed bug!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is what I would suggest
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I'm so sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to put out a great breakfast for our guest each and every morning. We offer biscuits, gravy, eggs, grits, waffles, oatmeal, donuts, breads, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, and coffee complimentary.
Also, I wanted to personally let you know that our hotel is treated WEEKLY for bugs and MONTHLY for bed bugs. We do have the occasionally sneaky bug that finds his way in, but I assure you that they don't live long and they're definitely not bed bugs. We pride ourselves on the absence of these well known hotel pest.
And please, if you're ever with us again then please notify our very friendly front desk staff of any concerns and we're always able to correct anything within our means immediately.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked a king suite at this hotel. I requested early check-in, but my room was not clean when I arrived. That was ok, as I needed to run out to Target for some things. When I returned the room was clean. The staff was professional and nice. They helped me in everyway that I asked.

The room was a little run down. I saw areas of rust on the corners of the walls and in certain areas along the baseboard. The hotel didn't have a pleasant smell. The phones did not work, so I had to use my personal cell to call down to the front desk. It is a large facility, so there were a ton of people at breakfast the next morning, so it felt a little congested. Everything looked old, had an odor of old, so I was not pleased. The entire hotel could be updated. I personally would not stay at this hotel again.

FYI: None of the rooms offer a view of the water.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I do apologize for the conjested breakfast area during a very busy weekend at our hotel. Our breakfast area comfortable seats up to 50 people (much larger then most) and we also open our bar/lounge area for extra seating directly across from the dining area to allow for more room.
We do take request for early checkins but do not garuntee availability and we always make sure to inform our guest of this. If a room is available that meets your needs when you arrive, whether it's 9am or 2pm, we will allow you to check in at no additional cost.
We have recently renovated our building in many ways including news beds, carpet, drapes, fixtures, etc, but this is still an old building itself being built in 1985. I truly wish we could take care of every detail, but we are still working on finding them. I will attribute the smell of an older building to this as well. The walls hold so much in that this is a very large work in progress.
I'm assuming on your date of stay that the phone lines were down in the area. I can only apologize for the inconvienence but do not have a good explanation for those conditions. We pay our bills and keep the phones maintained in house, which is all we are capable of. ;)
I want to point out to any future guest that this same concern you have with no view of the water is a common one. We do have a view of the Escambia Bay outside our lobby but none of our rooms are facing the water. I do apologize for this misconception.
We hope that you will visit us sometime again!!

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

All they had was stairs and if you have medical issues this isnt the place for you. The cleaning crew was rude to us also. Was not happy and not going back.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank VelmaBuckman

All of our handicapp rooms are located downstairs and all are wheelchair accessible with most having walk-in showers.
I would love to speak with you about your negative experience with our housekeepers. This is a first I am hearing of this and would like to have it corrected. We do not take lightly to any rude behavior. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I found this hotel delightful! The staff was courteous and accomodating; the room was clean & well maintained and the beach was awesome! Fresh towels and the daily cleaning of our room was very much appreciated. The pool was bright and shiny and the restaurant had lots of things to choose from. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Beach side!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank aline b
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on an overnight trip. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Well leaving a four-star hotel to this one was a no-no,We were only there for one night,since I'd never been there before(to pen fl) I had search rooms on hotels.com and found that this one was the better for my budget since I could'nt afford the pricey beach ones. But from now on I'll just havta save a lil bit more, doors slammed all night long, the floor was really squeaky and there is no elevator, so you will be climbing stairs with luggage in tow! The next morning,went for the Talked about free buffet breakfast and this day(march 31,2012, there were several basketball tourn going on and spring break. You would think managemt would communicate and let the cook know to get started early and have plenty, I waited 35mins for grits and all the hostess kept saying "She's cooking it now", Me being a caterer asked could I help, my gosh!Other than that they give you great directions

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple