“Eh, o.k., just average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Springhill Guesthouse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola
Springhill Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 6 Pensacola B&B and Inns
Springfield, Missouri
“Eh, o.k., just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

I'd give it a 3 and 1/2 if I could, but there were some deficiencies that I think could have been improved and one that could not.

The bad.
First the train. We are used to trains as we live near a yard, but this train went all night long! We did not sleep very well because of this.

Secondly, we stayed in the Bay Suite which was nice, old, but nice but the couch and chair were in need of replacing.

Thirdly, the neighbors were a bit rude. One fellow even brings his dog over to do it's business in Springhill yard every night! We loved sitting out on the porch, but sometimes it was uncomfortable with this one neighbor. We usually went inside or left all together.

Fourthly, better curtains are needed and privacy for the living room. It would get bright early and sometimes the lights from outside would interfere with my son sleeping on the sleeper sofa.
We placed a towel over the headboard to prevent the lights from disturbing our sleep at night. We prefer it to be dark.

Now the good.
The new owner (which I expect things will improve with time) was very polite. This is a very private B&B so we didn't even see her except when she was working on the yard and when she checked us in.

We recieved a breakfast basket which was nice to have the freedom of when we wanted to eat. The kitchette is great to keep stuff in and cook your meals to save some money.

We didn't use the washer and dryer, but they were available.

It has a good location in a good part of town.

I think the Sun Suite would be better to stay in, it was a little more updated and on the second floor (avoid the lights at night).

I like the amenaties, but would love to see this place really shine. It has great potential and overall would be a good place to stay. We have stayed in a lot of b&b's and think that this would could really be good once the new owners get their feet on the ground.

• Liked — It was charming overall; the front porch
  • Disliked — The train! And the lack of darkness at night
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AntebellumLover

Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2006

The SpringHill guest House was GREAT!! The girl running the place was so nice and even met us late to check us in.

The room we stayed in was perfect!! It was much bigger than a hotel room and much cheaper. I must admit I was a little afraid of the B&B as I have never stayed in one before.

Spring Hill Guest House is beautiful!!! It is very close to downtown and the beach and in the historical part of town.

Our room could have held at least 5 people comfortably!!! There were extra linens and board games plus a washer and dryer.

I will be staying there from now on when I come into town. I will admit I am a little diva-ish and if I went away happy I am sure you will too!!!!

It is just like staying over at someone's house!!

Thanks
Angie

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Courtyard Pensacola Downtown
#22 of 63 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base

Been to Springhill Guesthouse? Share your experiences!