“The pictures are misleading...”
Review of New World Inn

New World Inn
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
“The pictures are misleading...”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an "events only" hotel. There is NO bar....NO restaurant. The continental breakfast is mostly sweets with some small yogurts. The room was SO dark and 3 light bulbs were out. I finally got someone to fix the one in the shower before someone killed themselves....but they were "out" of the other light bulbs... I had to use the flash light I brought to see my clothes in my suitcase. The room was musty....could have REALLY used a hit of Frebreeze or something. The ONLY thing this place has going for it is the location. It's within close walking distance to the PLT and to Seville Quarter and places to eat and drink. But for $120.00 a night, I was expecting a bit more. This was definitely a $60.00 a night hotel... I will look elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Rhonda B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 11, 2013

located right by the harbour. within walking distance to everything downtown. old but clean with great character. complimentary breakfast was a bit on the light sidebut ok. rooms are great but no refrig or micro. desk personnel very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank softballguy60097
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

When planning your dream wedding and selecting a place for your reception you hope when someone gives you the walk through of their facility that everything promised is what you will receive. This was not the case for my wife and I.

1st When phoning in to reach our rep days would go by before a return phone call would be made. I MIGHT have gotten to speak with her if I raised my voice and tone.
When asking to speak with Nancy instead of Sarah, Nancy would state "Oh you will need to speak with Sarah about that I'm not sure" When you have Sarah on the phone she would say " Oh I'd have to check with Nancy on that" Does anyone there know what is going on?

2nd- The night before I arrived with the wedding party after our rehearsal to decorate the hall, I noticed the staff member placing stripped chair covers on the some of the chairs and solid white on the rest, I said we requested all solid white chair covers and these strip covers were no only NOT requested but they are dirty and they stink!

3rd - Our selected room was The Palafox I had to request that the dance floor be cleaned as well as the carpet in our section due to the horrible smell. The walls look like they need a paint job, the entire place was gloomy.

4th - Food- Due to an issue New World Landing had with their chef we suffered.
We were served butter - No Rolls - Was told at the end they were burned
Fresh Mozzarella and tomato over mixed greens with balsamic reduction- Never saw this. We were served a few lettuce flakes and carrots.
Our meal selection was Chef Carved Roasted Prime Rib with Rosemary and Red Wine Au Jus. This was a complete JOKE. Never saw this, we received a slab of Prime Rib and when I "The Groom" Asked for the Au Jus I was told " We don't have any you have horse radish in front of you" Excess me?
The second option our guests could have selected was: Roasted chicken breast stuffed with Fuji apples, prosciutto and brie with a signature cream sauce. From what I hear the chicken was try to the point of not being able to eat it and there were no Fuji apples and definitely not a signature sauce.
The vegetable was supposed to be a slow cooked green beans with ham hock. We were served dried up string beans. For me, the worst part was when Sarah came to my table apologizing for the NO Rolls and asked us if we would like the "Left over" clams from the party before us? REALLY?

The bill- I pre-paid for the bartender so I would not have to worry about those charges I was told the cost was $25 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. I paid $100
I also paid $700 for the hall rental. In the end the bill stated $35 Bar set up fee and a $45 cake carver fee? Not ever mentioned at $26 per person I agree with another similar posting we too could have taken our guests to Outback and had a much better meal. When I emailed Sarah because the amount of people I paid for VS amount of people that actually showed up to eat was a $304 difference. It took her a week to get back to me to tell me there was a minimum head count ( AGAIN something not mentioned). I also needed to have my final head count in by 72 hours, She had that well in advance. She does admit the disappointment with the meal and service how nice of her. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND NEW WORLD LANDING AT ALL. I am sure my guests too will be posting their experience with them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank We-R-Disappointed
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Gallery Night Downtown Pensacola, this made for a night out of no worries of driving after a great night of food, fun, friends and beverages. New World Landing made this possible as we walked through art vendors and folks out enjoying... The "Inn" is located at the end of Palafox street and the rooms are set in a vintage scene, Old world feel in New world inn. the rooms have de-humidifiers, and the A/C was kicking.
Two levels and no elevators, 600 south is the restaurant attached to Inn and a well known Chef who is quite active in the community. It was perfect for us to enjoy downtown Pensacola with no worries. No frills just comforts of home away from home. Keep an open mind and enjoy!

Room Tip: Note. Most rooms are upstairs, no elevators so pack light. lol
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Extremely dissatisfied with our stay at the inn. We are locals of Pensacola but wanted a convenient spot to walk to and from a friends’ wedding venue. When we first got into the room, it was extremely muggy and hot. I can normally deal with this type of weather, especially in July, but not inside of a hotel room, at $130 a night. Aside from the temperature of the room, the lighting in the shower area was horrible. After the wedding reception, we returned to the room to find the entire table was soaked with water and the carpet damp. Throughout the whole night, the telephone rang probably 5 times to only find static at the other end.

As a local, I would highly recommend you save your money and book elsewhere. I have stayed in many boutique/vintage hotels but New World Landing was borderline half @$$ed renovated and dumpy hotel room. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mshelton06
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. We only spent one night but it was very nice and close walking distance to many things!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peachie1212
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in June for two nights, on our way to New Orleans. We did not book and by chance there was a free room. The rooms are really nice and clean, staff is very friendly and the hotel is near restaurant and shops. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank GiorgiaDm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 65 in Pensacola
Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to New World Inn? Share your experiences!